Running with Scissors?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Lilah_Morgan, May 18, 2007.

1. Lilah_Morgan

Lilah_Morgan Member

I just watched that movie, and now I REALLY wanna read the book. Does anyone happen to know of the title is the same: Running with scissors?
    And his name is Augesten Bourroughs, right?

2. FrozenMoonbeam

FrozenMoonbeam nerd

Yup it's the same. Should be available in most book shops (at least it is here) and the movie-tie-in book cover is that same picture of a hand running - with scissors, funnily enough. Apparently it's better than the film but I don't know that first hand...

3. Lilah_Morgan

Lilah_Morgan Member

Thanx FrozenMoonBeam! I actually already bought and read the book since I last checked this post. LOL

It WAS better than the movie....but I'm not about to dis the movie, cause the movie was good and made me wanna read the book. If I had read the book first, and then watched the movie, I'd probably be saying the movie was crap lol, but since it happened the other way around I"m so totally cool with the movie.

Mainly the differences were kinda minor...like a lot of the stuff that happened between Natalie and Augusten, actually happened between Hope an Augusten. (Hope comes off a bit nicer in the book). And a lot of stuff was in a different order, and a lot was left out.

Awsome book though, and if you don't like to read, go watch the movie that is good to and ALMOST right (some stuff that happened in the movie was word-for-word what happened in teh book, really not a bad movie...)

4. mushie18

mushie18 Intergalactic

I've read the book but haven't seen the movie.

I've heard the movie is awful.

5. Valdis

Valdis Member

Can you imagine escaping all that and turning out successful, even somewhat sane? Wow!