running into celebrities....

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by cerridwen, Jun 8, 2006.

1. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

I think it's kinda neat to have fairly random celebrity encounters... not that I'm all obsessed with celebs.... but it's still kinda cool.

When I was working at Chapters (a canadian chain of book stores) I saw Ethan Hawke, Richard Dreyfuss, and Mark Wahlberg.... it was kinda cool.

2. Dylanchick0113

Dylanchick0113 Member

Ok so Its not a chance encounter but while AI was working at the Big E a fair in massachusetts,, It was my job to give the bands what they wanted on their tour bus before they went on,, I met lynrd skynrd and sha na na ,, the village people came and I ended up drunk on stage with them doing the ymca,, I was tucking dollars into the indians costume and dirty dancing with him,, I ripped off the velcro pockets of the construction worker and well Lets just say it wasn't a good morning the next day when I was on the news clip they showed of the show the night before,, there i was grinding with the indian,, ,,,, just thought you could use a good laugh at my expense today,,, I don't know what you guys would do if you did that,, but me,, I decided to never drink like that again,,lol

3. joo kyle

joo kyle thisandthat

I met jeff foxworthy in the american girl doll store in NY.

4. jean_genie

jean_genie psychedelic saturday

pete dohery, carl barat, hawkwind (my mum used to dance and your with them), apparently i played with robert plants daughter when i was little and on holiday and mik jagger when my parents took me to a beer fest when i was a baby ;D

5. dudenamedrob

dudenamedrob peace lily

I've met Trey Anastasio once, after a show @ Higher Ground in Burlytown. I've shared torches with both Jason Lee & Bob Snodgrass. I've met Mike Gordon 2x, once @ The Hempest in Burlytown, and once, along with Fish, at his house (mutual friend, party, I got lucky), I was introduced to Warren Haynes once (again, mutual friend, his brother in-law owns a local hydroponics shop in Jericho, VT) Warren is an EXTREMELY personable southern gentleman.

--When I was a little kid I met and hung out with Gary Coleman one afternoon. (don't ask)

6. prismatism

prismatism loves you

i saw a guy who looked exactly like george from seinfeld eating in my cafe, i thought it was really funny. because they're always in that one cafe. and because he's a funny looking dude.

but i agree with insanejester, i don't really care... wanting to see someone just because they're famous, for no other reason, is weird. i do want to find andy kaufman in new mexico though, because he's hella cool. and not dead. and i wouldn't mind at all having a chat about the universe with wayne coyne :). but there are average people who are just as interesting.

7. Shambhala Peace

Shambhala Peace Senior Member

I used to be obsessed with seeing celebs, and then I got my job at an organic market in the Berkshires, MA. The first celeb I saw was Karen Allen, and then the novelty wore off. I did enjoy talking with Jane Curtain from time to time though, she's a really nice person. I saw a couple others there too, but when you aren't allowed to ask for their autographs, you lose interest and see them as real people. Sometimes they can be real jerks. ;) Others, are really nice and keep to themselves. They eat, sleep, poop like the rest of us. :D

8. icedteapriestess

icedteapriestess linguistic freak

For the Canadians out there, I once served Mr. Raditch at the restuarant I was working at. Also know/met a lot of hockey players.... and probably half of the Canadian music scene. Would list names, but what is the point when they are only known to my fellow Canadians?

9. Crosslight

Crosslight Banned

I met Donovan once...we talked for a few moments, and i asked him if he would mind I took his picture (I was carrying a camera with B/W film)....he said ok, so I took the picture...I'm the owner of a celeb picture with the respective copyrights...

10. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

Well, me neither, but once in a while it's kind of cool to run into a big name....

11. HighDesertHippie

HighDesertHippie Banned

I took a piss in the urinal next to the urinal Gene Hackman was using at a bar in Santa Fe.

12. Dylanchick0113

Dylanchick0113 Member

the only celebs i would be really excited to meet are the ones that I can connect with,, like dylan or arlo,,, but everyone else really isnt a big deal, the people i met before wasnt really a big deal,, just embarrassing,

13. Shambhala Peace

Shambhala Peace Senior Member

I met him too, he was pretty cool with autographs and pictures. :)

14. mr.morrison

mr.morrison Senior Member

i wanna meet Jimmy Page. i would have him sign my guitar. but other than that, i dont really care about famous people too much

15. Source

Source Member

as far as famous people go the most noteable person I've met was Timothy Leary in Grant park in Chicago in 89 or 90(the year the dead first played soldiers field).He was speaking at a hemp legallization rally that didnt have a very large turn out do to some other festivals that weekend,so with only 50 or so people it was more like a kewl lil rap session with him.

16. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

I dunno, I just think it's interesting.

17. wildflowereyes

wildflowereyes Senior Member

i met Anne Lammott.. well, she used to live down the street from me in CA.
    I was invited to a party at Mark Hoppus's house when I was 13 (Blink 182). but didnt go cause I was 13..
    and I met the Secretary of Interior.. i think thats what he is now. He was Idahos governor.

I dont really care.
    Like with Anne Lamott, I was more interested in her hair than her notability.

18. spooner

spooner is done.

i almost got into a fight with Death By Stereo. Of course it wasn't all that random, we were at a bar to see them.

19. KyndVeggie4Peace

KyndVeggie4Peace -[ in.bloom ]-

You are one lucky little lady. She is my favorite author ... I just love her writing style. Plus she does have some killer locks. ;) And the fact that she lived down the road from you?!?! Damn. :D

20. wizarddrew77

wizarddrew77 The Wiz

I grew up with Raymond from everyone loves Raymond-went to school with The Ramones-hung out and drank wine with Hendrix when he was Jimmy James in The Village-went on Tour with The Jefferson Starship and so on. Now I live in Woodstock and run into David Bowie in the hardware store and Uma Thurman in the health food store.
    In Woodstock we don't make a big thing over it since we live in an Art Colony and most of us are Artists in one way or another. It's a place where EVERYONE is special and treated the same etc.
    When I got to hang out with The Starship it was better to just chill with them instead of asking them a bunch of questions they are asked for years and just be with them and hang out.
    I had Coffee years ago with Grace Slick in Starbucks after her book signing and talked about her Art. Same with Bowie-he is living here again to work on his Art.
    So they like to be treated as just any other person and not be hassled.