Run Lola Run

Discussion in 'International Movies' started by organic.psychonaut, Jul 18, 2006.

1. organic.psychonaut

organic.psychonaut Member

i thought this was a pretty sweet movie. very original..

any comments?

2. Irish Drunkard

Irish Drunkard Member

Saw it in theater a long time ago. Great premise.

3. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

it was interesting
    cool concept
    not necessarily that good of a movie though...

4. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

I love that movie. One of my favourites. It had great artistic value with the three different scenarios and the lovely way they are presented.

5. BuffFilmBuff

BuffFilmBuff Member

I've seen it several times. One of my friends saw it and thought it was great just for the soundtrack.

6. koopa

koopa De Kuil Krue Hipster

don't like it at all. simple concept, cheap tacky concept.

7. Carlfloydfan

Carlfloydfan Travel lover

its deep. but subtle enough where folks would pass it off as tacky if they (MAYBE) weren't paying attention. some friends hated it, some loved it..I liked it.

8. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

I thought it was a brilliant premise for a film. Especially knowing that the main character knows that the day is being replayed in different scenarios, and what was also cool was realizing that the security guard at the bank also is cluing in to this.

Anyway, I thought it was brilliant overall. It's one of those movies, I think, that you either hate or love.

9. Eugene

Eugene Senior Member

I liked it... the soundtrack made the movie more than anything else (anybody who liked it should watch it on mute, it's just a girl running a lot).

10. koopa

koopa De Kuil Krue Hipster

some folks call it tacky because our movie preferences are more sophisticated (MAYBE)

11. dready_kolo

dready_kolo Banned

I loved this film, great soundtrack.

12. SydneyAlias

SydneyAlias Member

yeah a good movie and Franke Potente is a good actress (like her better in Bourne Identity and Blow) the soundtrack is awesome.

13. MissEmma

MissEmma Member

I liked it a lot. Very creative.

14. zer0

zer0 Members

Just watched it again for the 3rd time, and each time I see more depth. Dunno if anyone here is familiar with Kurosawa's Rashomon, but Run Lola Run has a lot of cool parallels. One story told 3 ways, each with its own theme, all 3 incompatible with each other. The director Tom Tykwer's earlier films were very artistic and challenging (too much for a lot of folks), and I think he did a great job of staying artistic but like you said keeping it so subtle that some folks just think it's mindless entertainment. You can enjoy this flick on any level.