run in with 8 state troopers +drugdog

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by texasmade3, Apr 19, 2007.

1. texasmade3

texasmade3 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Okay so here is the story, get you a beer and sit back and read.. enjoy

So 2 days ago I rent a vehicle while my truck is in the shop. I drive to this concert in downtown dallas which was badass by the way. After the concert I go to stay the night at my sisters appartment and leave to go to my parents house the next morning which is a couple hours east of dallas .

Im heading down interstate 20 about 45mins from their house and i am in the left lane about to pass these 2 18 wheelers, but they sped up so i just stayed in the left lane for a min untill they slowed down so i could pass them, i didnt want to speed because there was a state trooper up ahead that i could see waiting at the weigh station.

I finially get near the front of the 18 wheeler about to pass and i see the state trooper take off and i was like damn sombodys gunna get busted and started laughin. And the next thing i know the bastard is right behind me :policeman :piggy: pulling me over. I am FREAKING out because I do not know what this was for. I had a half bottle of liquer in my bag in the back and no insurance card on me and didnt have the papers with me for the rental so im like fuck..

I pull over and he comes up and tells me to get out of the car and come to the back, I get out and hand him my drivers license. I then see another state trooper fly past us and slam on his brakes and back up about 40 yards in front of us and just sit in his car for backup, which really looked weird and tripped me out. He then runs my shit and im clean but he says the reason im pulling you over is because you were in the left lane too long, please step to the side of the road. He calls in 2 more units so there is now 4 police cars and me.. He questions me left and right about this rental and WHY i am coming from dallas and just stayed one day. I told him i was at a concert and he didnt believe me, he thought i was going down there to get alot of drugs and bring em back with me.

I now have 5 cops surounding me asking me 21 questions each about where i was and what i was doing. The one that pulled me over said to me, son you look nervous, you wouldnt happen to be hiding any illigal narcotics, illigal substances, MARIJUANA, Pills, cocaine, he named off like 20 things like he was trying to scare me, and while naming everything off he was looking in my eyes funny and it was like i was fading from reality, it was strange as fuck. i go tthis funny feeling in my stomach and my vision kept fucking up and i was triping hardcore over nothing.

He then asks if i have any of this in the car and i told him no i dont. He says: Do you mind if i take a look in the vehicle and search? i told him no, i dont feel comfortable with you doing that, and i am in a big hurry. He says alright i see.. and calls in the k-9 unit and another cop car. I am totaly surrounded by pigs thinking they have some big bust, when i have nothing but a bottle of alcohol, which i might add if i had got caught with that i would have went to jail because i am on probation already for 3 minor in consumptions and 4 minor in possesions (at partys that got busted over the years). He then tells me to lean against his car and he pats me down all over and makes me take off my socks and shoes and hat. and takes apart everything i have in my pocket to make sure im not hiding drugs.

The dog doesnt find anything, and the officer shakes his head. This whole process took an hour and i was basically mind molested and breathed on by a dozen cops and patted down twice and got scratches on my rental car from the dog. They then smile and send me on my way with a warning. fuckin a man... all that for being in the left lane!! scared the shit out of me .

A little advice to you all, if a cop asks to search your car you can say no and they cannot get inside of it at all without a good reason. they can get a drug dog to sniff the outside but thats it. dont screw up and give in to a search. it saved me that time. sorry its a long story i just wanted to see if anyone else has had any run ins like this.

2. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

You better run run run run run, take a drag or two...

Anyhow, there were probably a good 100 pounds of cocaine in each 18 wheeler you passed :D

3. texasmade3

lol im sure there was..

4. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

How scary! But it is a relief to know that they aren't going to call up the judge and automatically get a search warrant right off the bat. God, cops can be dicks, though. In the left lane too long? I know that in TX and OK there are certain stretches of highway where the left lane is reserved for passing only, were you on one of them? Seems a little exaggerated for such a mnior violation, though I don't doubt you for a second, state troppers are full of themselves. Glad to hear you got out of it, man.

And what's with cops getting all suspicious when you look nervous? Shit, cops freak me the hell out and I'm rarely doing anything they can get me for. I'm so sick of people taking advantage of their position and cops are infamous for that. I know I've protected them in threads before, but there's no excuse for getting power hungry and a lot of them are just that.

5. texasmade3

^ i couldnt agree more with you.. and yes i was in a passing lane but i was going to pass.. i wasnt driving in it but for 20 seconds probably. They were just being dicks to me and trying to get everything they could out of me.. I guess i fit the profile of a drug smuggler!! lol

6. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

Young white guy? Actually young person at all? Yup, course you fit the profile.

7. shaggie

shaggie Senior Member

Oh well. At least they didn't make you stand upside-down on one hand and hop as a test like they did in that Steve Martin movie. :)

I had a cop stop me once for 'walking too fast'. I guess I look like a strange person. :)

8. Zoomie

Zoomie My mom is dead, ok?

Young male in a rental car. That's a major profile. Lesson kiddos, never transport ANYTHING in your own vehicle, get someone else to do it.

And ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS refuse a vehicle search unless you are in an emergency, like someone is having a baby or dying. If they really want to search the car they'll detain you and get a search warrant which will take an hour or two. Then when they tear your shit apart and don't find anything, you can file for damages to your vehicle or sue, and make sure you giggle a lot while they're actually doing the search.

That REALLY pisses them off.

9. shaggie

shaggie Senior Member

You must have smelled like a donut factory after that.

10. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member

You were right not to allow the cops to search your car, half the time they're not about to wait around until a K-9 unit arrives, unless they're pretty sure you're transporting illegal contraband.

Those idiots that you see on COPS, are just that IDIOTS to allow the police to search their vehicles.

Hotwater

11. kitty fabulous

kitty fabulous smoked tofu

12. shaggie

shaggie Senior Member

I saw a cops video the other day where a guy consented to a vehicle search and signed his name on the paper. They found enough pot to put him away for five years. He could have simply said no and went on his way.

Just Say No! :)

13. texasmade3

^ exactly.. they will try and make you nervous so much that you will believe that you have to give into the search.. which at first iw as like umm.. and then i thought to myself. wait a min. i am not about to get busted and go to jail today.. and i nervously said, no i dont feel comfortable with you doing that, i am in a big hurry and need to be on my way. Thank god i went through with it and said no

14. kitty fabulous

please watch the video in the link i posted. it's produced by Flex Your Rights. it's called BUSTED: the Citizen's Guide to Surviving Police Encounters. There is so much valuable and important information in here. Shaggie, this may be the video you saw. Please watch it. The best way to protect your rights is to use them.

15. texasmade3

good video.. its true. lol and i loved the part where the officer said, it smells like bob marlys ass in here , i died laughing

16. kitty fabulous

say it with me, kids: "no, officer, i do not consent to a search. am i free to go?"

17. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member

I think that was probably the same episode I saw last week.

The police officer was just about to let the guy go on a traffic violation, but the idiot consented to having his car searched - and they nailed him [​IMG]

Hotwater

18. Wheels

Wheels Member

They didn't have probable cause to conduct a personal search either... scary