Rummage sales

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by flowerchild17, May 16, 2004.

1. flowerchild17

flowerchild17 I practice safe sax.

Yesterday our street had an all day all house rummage sale kinda thing.. and only 3 houses actually did it but damn did it rock :D I got this awesome little chinese box (for 25 cents!) which is supposed to be meant for makeup but I've been keeping all my guitar picks in so I dont lose them! Then I found a whole box full of new candles for 75 cents and a halter top for 25 cents! A really cool black pair of shoes for $1.50, and a wallet with the symbol for peace on it in Chinese! I'm so happy! THANK GOD for rummage sales and thrift stores :D Too bad there arne't more thrift stores around here.... I should start one when I get older :D

2. SeveredNebula223

SeveredNebula223 Member

You from Wisconsin?

Never heard of Greenfield, is that northern or southern? Im from Oshkosh myself.

3. flowerchild17

flowerchild17 I practice safe sax.

YEAH!!!! Greenfield is a suburn of Milwaukee, I'm about 25 miles away from downtown :) But I'm up in Oshkosh all the time! I have a friend who lives up there :)

4. SeveredNebula223

SeveredNebula223 Member

Cool! I moved to Arizona but I get to visit over the summer.

And if I were to get technical, I live just outside of Oshkosh in the no-wheres-ville called Omro. I dont really miss the winters, I get so depressed, but the summers are kick ass!
    Anyway, I have now Idea what this has to do with rummage sales.........:p

5. backtothelab

backtothelab Senior Member

yeah, garage sales kick mad ass. My mom has been yard saling for like 2 years now, her whole garage is full of stuff to sell. She makes like 200 a month, just from yard sales. You should try going to the market; every sunday, me and a friend of mine go to the market and get so much cool stuff. It's like a whole other world over there. What's worth a doller at the market is worth like 10 dollers outside of the market. plus, the one we go to is right next to this kick ass head shop called puple haze(anyone in south florida been?)

6. borut16

borut16 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

that sounds like in the american movies...garage salles(sp?), don't have that over here, hehe

7. Sage-Phoenix

Sage-Phoenix Imagine

We have those here (aka car boot sales) although I haven't been to onne for a while and have never found anything good at one.

Thrift stores (aka charity shops) are great. Just a couple of days agomy mother went by one in the window was a set of glasses that matched perfectly with the set her and my dad had brought about twenty years (which we still have) so she got them for about four pound.
    Our local one also takes forgein currency for some sort of chairity collection thingy, which is how I got rid of my left over Polish money.

TTFN

Sage

8. Peace

Peace In complete harmony.

i love garage sales. Me and my friend drove around and found two totally awesome lazyboys for free! They looked like they were formt he 70s. So we took them home and my mom wouldnt me have them because apparently i have too much furniture in my room. So we put them on the driveway and they were gone in 5 minutes. But i was smart and snagged the pillow! :)

9. Dilapidated

Dilapidated Member

Oh man, I love yard sales, thrift stores, flea markets, rummage sales. In my town there's "Trash Day" where people put their stuff out on their driveway and you can drive around and pick up the stuff you want (which is most certainly NOT trash!). This year I got 3 bowling trophies from the 70s-80s (don't ask) and this ceramic pink lamb (with three legs). Don't ask. It's awesome, though.

I'm going to the thrift store this week hopefully (the one I like is about 30-45 minutes away which sucks because of the obnoxious gas prices)... Good thing I have some money... I love those stores.

10. VanAstral

VanAstral Member

the garage sale is an american invention, it's a sign that you have too much stuff.
    most western countries are all over the idea now.
    blah.
    Great deals though!

11. SunshineRevolution

SunshineRevolution Member

thrift stores rock my world

PEACE and LOVE

12. SapphireSerenity

SapphireSerenity Member

Awesome ! I love rummage sales, garage sales, thrift stores, flea markets, all of them! As a matter of fact, I should get some friends together and go to the flea market this weekend !! :D

~ Sapphire