Rules of the Road

Discussion in 'New Books' started by rulesoftheroad, Nov 7, 2011.

1. rulesoftheroad

rulesoftheroad Guest

Am I allowed to tell you about my new book, Rules of the Road, published by Tangent Books?

The summer of 1975. Felix and Boz travel across Europe to Matala, Greece, looking for love and adventure. Or whatever comes their way.

Along the way they encounter a range of hilarious characters. Meet Bixby the Buddhist policeman, draft-dodgers Brad, Parker Boy and Cheddar, and Sanchez who has forsaken the wheel.

A funny and quirky tale about seeking love, evading responsibility and coming to terms with adulthood.

They waste a summer and enjoy every moment of it.

Rule of the Road number nine: a lift in the wrong direction is better than no lift at all.

Mike Manson is the author of ‘Where’s My Money?’(Tangent Books). He is an editor of the Bristol Review of Books and was chair of the judges of the 2009 Bristol Short Story Prize.

‘Rules of the Road confirms Manson’s stature as a top-drawer comic writer.’ Venue