rules and regulations,who needs them...

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by gate68, Jan 21, 2005.

1. gate68

gate68 Senior Member

...open up the door

Though your brother's bound and gagged and they tied him to a chair...

Easy one.
    What is the song and what does it relate to,that phrase in particular?

4 dead in Ohio

Possibly the greatest political band ever,though Rage had a lot of merit.

2. jailmate

jailmate Plantenist

Yeh, little bloody, only duh geneticly defective pig rulerz need peasantz 2 boss around an make you
    jump duh in duh barber chair.

3. luvndrumn

luvndrumn Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

If I answer correctly will I get what's behind door number three?

4. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

first lines: Chicago, as in DNC 1968, and the Brother is Seale, separated out in the trial.
    second Ohio. reference Kent state massacre.
    both by CSN& sometimes Y

5. gate68

gate68 Senior Member

They had an excellant reinactment of the trial on PBS a number of years ago.A little rude to Bobbie I might say.

luvndrumnIf I answer correctly will I get what's behind door number three?
    You can have door #3,there's only a couple of midgets with a goat back there.Now you wanna see behind door #2...

6. audreyanne

audreyanne Member

chicago,by crosby,stills,nash and young

I would say "open up the door" would relate to opening youre mind,conscious and otherwise
    'youre brothers bound and gagged and they tied him to a chair"
    how about youre bro is in a position he can do nothing about,and he isnt going anywhere either...
    wont you please come to chicago or else join the other side...Mayor Daily,in the age of political awareness roaring the head of rebellion,anarchy,free thinking and oh yeah we are sooo hip to youre capitalist bullshit propaganda.We the people...

P.S.,I saw csny about two years ago,and they still have so much awareness moreso now that we have all grown a little..and the music...

7. gate68

gate68 Senior Member

Even Crosby's doing good now.Bound and gagged refers specifically to Bobby Seals,they litterally bound and gagged him during the trial.
    Bay Area?You ever see Jerry at the park?Good memories.

8. audreyanne

audreyanne Member

didnt janis used to say "it dont mean shit to a tree"?hey gate 68,that is what youre sig inspired in my memory..kinda foggy though.I dont think I was around or ever really knew the whole bobby seale thing,I used to be really anti political in my younger days..buried my head in the sand so to speak.perhaps you could tell us a story...

Namaste.audreyanne

9. gate68

gate68 Senior Member

Yeah she did.She'd shoot herion until she was next to death.That was the whole point of the drug.I miss her.Nobody could sing like that.
    That would have been an excellant source for my sig,but it's from the meaning of life according to Mr.Natural.What's it all about Mr.Natural?"Don't mean sheeit".I believe there's a lot of truth in that.We all take life too seriously.It has no meaning it just is.We just need to relax and enjoy it.Groove along.