Romania strengthens cemetery security on 666 day

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by crummyrummy, Jun 6, 2006.

1. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

BUCHAREST (AFP) - Security measures have been strengthened in Romanian cemeteries as authorities feared Satanists could use the date 06/06/06, evoking the so-called "number of the beast", to stage attacks.

"Given the significance this date could have for some, we decided to double the number of agents assigned to protecting 16 public cemeteries in Bucharest," the director of the bureau of cemeteries, George Georgescu, told AFP.

Although the number of public watchmen was doubled to about 600, "no profanation or any other incident" that could have been attributed to Satanist groups was recorded Monday night, Georgescu said Tuesday.

"We remain vigilant because we have faced acts of vandalism in the past, in which a dozen crosses in two Bucharest cemeteries were knocked over in a single night," he said.

Similar measures were adopted in other Romanian towns and according to the media some priests will be holding special masses to "fight off Satan".
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060606/od_afp/romaniareligion_060606161443

2. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

Well, I guess it gives them something to do....

3. YankNBurn

YankNBurn Owner

Oh what fun it would be to travel through the cemetary and terrorize grave sites, NOT!

4. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

You could dress up as a vampire and get a stake through your heart....I bet they sell a lot of wooden stakes at the gift shops...

5. crummyrummy

they are imitation stakes and they are plastic......

6. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

... well folkes are into weird stuff for kicks... besides, cemetaries are calming to walk through, they're quite quiet!

7. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

all this talk about romania, is weird

8. crummyrummy

my first 10 acid trips were all in a cemetary. then I discovered how cool the golf course was and they were all there for a while.

9. crummyrummy

**cues twilight zone Music**

10. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

golf courses are quite nice too.... they're fun to build sandcastles and go for a swim all in the same place! it's like being at the beach!

11. crummyrummy

one of the fairways prolly had a 25-30 degree grade, we would get ice blocks and put a towel on top and slide down.....but the hills natural curve innevitably steered ya into a tree so ya usually had to bail out before you stopped sliding.

12. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

now, that'd be a most definate fun thing to try!

13. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

California sleding, my dads drinking buddy from cali showed us that when i was like 8.

14. crummyrummy

yeah they have since put up fences and hired security guards to stop such shennanigans

15. crummyrummy

I grew up in california!!!!

16. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

cool, i always wanted to go there, ya know, just to see what it's like. Is it like Full House?

17. crummyrummy

um.....wasnt full house always in the house? I never lived in SF but SoCal was a great place to grow up. 40 dollar ounces of weed man....mexico is like...right there....