Roll Call!

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by Mrs. White, Sep 29, 2009.

1. Mrs. White

Mrs. White Member

Let's see who's in Alaska! I want to start getting the people that are in Alaska in this roll call. When that beautiful time comes next year when the Bluegrass Festivals start I want to PM the local Alaskans the dates and times. I don't really want to post it up here so it's more underground.

You don't have to state where exactly you live, just that you are in Alaska :)

I go to at least 3 BG Festivals and the Holo's Festival every summer. I would like to share the experience with fellow members and get them involved. I prepare year round for these festivals because they are so awesome. It is the one place that I feel free and I can do whatever I want, whenever I want. It's like taking a step back into the 60's for a weekend. I would like to see some of you there ;)

:cheers2:

2. freeinalaska

freeinalaska Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I'm here in the interior, north of Fairbanks. We plan to hit at least a few of the festivals next year.

3. Psychedelic_Ray

Psychedelic_Ray Member

Fairbanks. cant w8 for spring, i really love camping with friends and just walk around the woods trippen

4. gnome89

gnome89 Member

I lived in petersburg for a couple of months. And im leaving to Dutch Harbor in a week for another couple of months.

I fell completely inlove with camping out in the woods and walking around and tripping out in the middle of the woods. Theres something so relaxing about it. Either drunk or on some type of grass, Either way it was awesome doing it. :p

5. Gonzo_Kerouac

Gonzo_Kerouac Member

i'm working way down southern Southeast. rain country.

6. roadawg

roadawg Member

Im here off the stikine river east of petersburg on farm island

7. rcable

rcable Member

Hello, born and raised Alaskan, infrequent world traveler.

Usually sitting in plain sight of the Capital Building, Federal Building, State Office Building, Police sub-port, Cruise Ship homeland security surveillance cameras, Coast Guard - who do drivebys in their speedboats with machine guns mounted. :rolleyes:

But I prefer to be in a cabin within walking distance to Canada, where it's hrs to a 'big city', and 25$ of gasoline and hr of travel for anyone to visit from the nearest hamlet - who had better call before arriving or they will not be welcomed. :D

Southeast Alaska. See ya at the Haines Fair maybe... but I'm more committed to Seattle Hempfest. Otherwise, may we greet in a tea shop in Morocco someday. :cool:

8. Lalakuno

Lalakuno Member

Wasilllllllaaaaaaaaaa

9. bongsolo69

bongsolo69 Member

wasilla here.

10. aktripr

aktripr Member

Anchorage, im looking to get into the rave scene.

11. psychedelicg1rl

psychedelicg1rl Member

Ill be there in 1 year!!
    fairbanks to be exact!! on the outskirts at least

12. squawkers7

squawkers7 radical rebel

I've been looking for jobs up in Alaska for next year. Hoping to get up there in April or May 2011

13. rcable

rcable Member

What skills, certification or degrees do you have? I may be able to suggest some cities to look into, or businesses to apply at.

My sister has a masters degree and and a good job as a waitress - hope this doesn't shatter your dreams of roads paved with gold nuggets and a line of boats looking for green deck-hands who will earn double-share. :sunny:

Bring money. Sucks to get stuck in Alaska, with no resources, and no way out. Just saying - buy a round-trip ticket first, unless your job is buying your airfare. Being independently wealthy is a skill that makes many people flourish here. :2thumbsup:

Conversely you could say you are coming for summer vacation next year, like most people do, and I'll tell you some fine places to fish n set up a tent.

14. squawkers7

squawkers7 radical rebel

For now a friend and I are looking for seasonal jobs on the site coolworks. We are hoping to share rent somewhere

15. fishy

fishy Member

Just moved to Kenai bout a month ago whats good around here

16. squawkers7

squawkers7 radical rebel

Where on the Kenai Peninsula~I have checked out jobs in Seward & Homer & Cooper Landing

17. fishy

fishy Member

i live in the city of kenai i can see water about a block from home

18. bikimaholic

bikimaholic Member

Look for work around Denali. Princess lodge hires alot and their is alot of other places.

19. goodboysue

goodboysue Guest

sounds good.Good luck!

20. AK907

AK907 Guest

Im very Alive in Alaska...never plan on being anywhere else...

Who will I see at Boot's this year..?