Robotripping Dosages

Discussion in 'Psychedelics' started by SydMatterhorn, Dec 2, 2005.

1. SydMatterhorn

SydMatterhorn Banned Underage!

hey guys. i have a question on the recreational use of cough syrups. well, i'd like to know how much to take. i know it's generally one bottle (robotussin), but i'm worried that i may be some sort of exception to that . i'd deff like to trip, but nothing TOO, TOO intense because this will be my very first real trip, aside from a minor benadryl thing once. so i'm thinking like, 3/4 of a bottle.... i'd like some reassurance, however. please, nobody preach to me. i'm doing this responsibly as possible and taking precautions. i may just have to wing it.

EDIT: i think i'm going to do the gels instead since i've got some on hand. they're 15 mgs each of DXM and nothing else active soooooo. like, how many are you thinkin'?

I'm not as ubiquitous as I am tragic.

-Syd Quantum Skyrocket Matterhorn

2. moka9x9

moka9x9 Member

Buckleys 150ml = 375mg DXM

Most bottles have from 250-400mg of DXM per 150ml, the 250ml bottles have 670mg of DXM.

The tablets come in 10mg, 12.5mg, and 15mg.
    The sucretes are in 15mg.

Make sure the only active ingredient in your syrup is Dextrosmorphan Hydrochloride.

DXM is only affected by weight, lack of sleep, and MAOI's (such as certain anti-depressents, or Loins Tail and other herbs).

I am a 165lbs male and I need from 350-600mg and I trip for a good 6 hours, 4 peak.

This is an intense drug in these high dosages. Have fun, take care.

3. Grim

Grim Wandering Wonderer

also, watch out with Robotussin - it often has other active ingredients, and you want the DXM to be all by itself. Usually the generic brands are better for this.

It doesn't really take a lot to get some effects - feeling kind of drunk/stoned. But it takes a little more to get to the level where you trip. Research it on erowid.

4. phantastick

phantastick Member

i think robitussin DM is the way to go. not quite positive, so do not take my word for it. i've had success with it however. peace.

5. jacobfredjo

jacobfredjo Senior Member

i dunno man, if i was you, trying to use an over the counter medicine for recreational use is not a good idea. Unless ofcourse you extract the DXM which isnt that big of a deal if you have a couple days. But i think LSD is the safest trip to do. You can only take 1 tab and you will trip...but not intense at all. 2 tabs will make you trip out. DXM is hard to dose....3/4 of a bottle sounds a little bit much if you ask me. I think shrooms are uncomfortable and completely un-controllable so i dont like doing them anymore. However, with lsd, if you understand that a lot of it is in your head you begin to realize that you have complete control of your trip. DXM is a little different because you will feel shitty and uncomfortable unless you do some extraction method. It is also extremely intense if you take more than you are ready for. Try and get some reputable LSD if you really wanna experiment. But you shouldnt try and use cough syrup for fun because it wasnt designed for that. LSD is.
    Be safe bud. Peace

6. ragethebong

ragethebong Member

How much do you weigh?

7. mushie18

mushie18 Intergalactic

agreed.

8. me_ow

me_ow Member

Aww let the baby trip!!!

9. SydMatterhorn

SydMatterhorn Banned Underage!

haha. i weigh about 95 pounds. i actually think i'm going to do the gels since i have some. like how many should i take?

10. moka9x9

moka9x9 Member

Youth are the number one consumer of OTC medications to get high!!

11. somedude

somedude Member

12. JayBird

JayBird Member

I've never done it before. But I've got a hell of a cold, and went out and got 2 bottles (118ml each) of max strength Robitussin. That's 354mg of DXM per bottle. I've taken 1 dose (30mg) so far, no effect, other than calming the cough. I might go further, I haven't decided yet.

13. JayBird

JayBird Member

I've had 300mg, didn't quite finish the bottle. Feeling pretty good.

14. robo_bud_meister

robo_bud_meister Member

you should take a vitamin c supplement a half hour or an hour before you take the DXM.....they help the nausea go away ALOT

i would take 30+ pills of robitussin cough gels which have 15mgs(so my dosage was about 10mg per kg or more) for what i considered a good trip when i was 13 and weighed 100lbs (seriously).

to get your weight in KG divide how many pounds you are by 2.2

you should get Dexalones to reduce the amount of pills because they only have DXM and 30mgs of it

1st plateau- 1.7 to 2.7 milligrams per kilogram of your body
    2nd- 2.7 to 6.7
    3rd- 6.7 to about 15
    4th- 15+

make sure you have a place to stay for a LONG time.....when your legs get so stiff you walk like a penguin i think anyone can notice

15. nesta

nesta Banned

thank you for pointing out that even orally, dosages for many drugs (DXM in particular, among commonly used drugs) ought to be calculated according to your body weight. there is a great chance for inconsistancy in the effects otherwise, what is a good third plateau dose for one may be merely second for another of a different weight.

especially when dealing with things used as medications, and things with such substantial effects as dextromethorphan (not to mention physical and mental side effects when taken in large doses and/or too frequently), it is of crucial importance to make sure you are dosing accurately and most of all SAFELY.

it would be extremely unwise to just say "drink a bottle" or "take x number of pills" because you don't know how much they weigh, what plateau someone may wish to reach, how strong their preparation will be, or how it will effect them.

16. JayBird

JayBird Member

I didn't get to the point to where I was tripping. It was sort of a test, dipping my toes in the water, so to speak. And I didn't drink it all at once. I took 10 doses over a three hour period. But yeah, I definately had the feeling I had a tiger by the tail. The funny thing is that it made me horny beyond belief, but I was numbed, if you know what I mean. Bummer. Now each dose contained 30mg of DXM, but also 60mg of Pseudoephedrine, which means I had 300mg of DXM and 600mg of Pseudoephedrine. I didn't experience any nausea, but my heart rate went up, I became somewhat uncoordinated, felt a tingly sensation, especially in my scalp, and extreme dry mouth. Mentally, I would compare it to Angel Dust, which I haven't done in 25 years. Initially a little euphoric, but as I peaked, I felt distanced from reality. Visually there were no hallucinations, not even CEV's. But the room lights seemed brighter, and colors sharper. There was a lag time of a second or two between looking at an object and recognizing it. Music sounded better initially, but as I peaked, it became meaningless. My sense of smell was heightened to a great degree, to the point that I had to get up and take a shower. There was some minor paranoia, but nothing major. I was surprised at how pleasant the come down was. I had a warm glowy feeling for hours. All in all it wasn't too bad. I wouldn't call it a high, though, more of a disconnect. I don't know what role the Pseudoephedrine played, but suffice it to say that I'm glad I didn't take both bottles. Anyway, Merry Christmas guys, and if you feel the need to Robo-trip, do so with a sober friend. Peace. :sunglasse

17. JayBird

JayBird Member

I did it again last night. This time, I did about 450mg, and I didn't space it out so much. I took it in two doses 20 min. apart. Mentally it was a much more pleasant experience. Physically it was very hard to walk, but this didn't concern me much. I was also on beer and hydrocodone, which I'm sure altered the effect. So I just turned out the lights and settled down in the easy chair in front of my computer. When it finally hit, it was like that guy in "The Matrix" said: "Fasten your seatbelts, Dorothy, cause Kansas is going bye-bye!" It was a nice, mellow ride, but reality was pretty much out the window. Nice CEV's, but with the lights out you don't need to close your eyes to see it. Interesting, complex, constantly changing visuals. Sort of like acid, yet different. There was definately more of an anasthetic effect than with acid. I mean, I was planted in this chair. There weren't what I would call true hallucinations, though. Because I knew it wasn't real, and that's fine with me. I noticed that images on the computer screen seemed to move slightly, and at one point I heard a hushed whispering behind me. I guess it went on for about four hours. I think I'll wait awhile before I do it again. My state just passed a law to take effect Jan. 1 that limits purchases of OTC meds that contain Pseudoephedrine. You may even have to sign a log. It's aimed at meth cookers.

18. me_ow

me_ow Member

Take 15! Yummy...

19. /jumanji

/jumanji Member

i never drink the liquid form of robo, me and my friends always take the capsuals. just take 20 pills and you'll be good.

20. JayBird

JayBird Member

It's a trip trying to walk when you're tripping on that shit. I wouldn't even recommend going to the bathroom. Just find a comfortable chair to sit back in and use a piss bottle. I swear it's like walking under water.