Roasted almonds!

Discussion in 'Let Food Be Your Medicine' started by groovychick1212, Jul 5, 2011.

1. groovychick1212

groovychick1212 Member

I tried roasted almonds for the first time a few weeks ago at a baseball game and I love them....Are they healthy for you at all? thanks:2thumbsup:

2. SucculentFlower

SucculentFlower earthfirst!

Nuts are excellent, research it. But personally, my experience with nuts is eating them raw, not roasted. The oils in nuts are prone to oxidation & can go rancid. If you freshly roasted them & ate them great! At a low temp? Try going the other way with nuts. I love to soak almond over night, discard the water & then eat them. The tannic acid is released from the nut, and the nut is in the beginning stages of sprouting. Full of live enzymes, and the protein is boosted. The texture is different & the nut is sweeter.

Lately I've had a cashew fetish.

3. groovychick1212

groovychick1212 Member

Cashews are also amazing, I guess I just have a thing for nuts...I also love pistachios! lol ...guess i'm just hungry

4. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

5. roamy

roamy Senior Member

almonds are delicious,plus they are the most healthy of all nuts with the highest fibre in them.enjoy:2thumbsup: