Roadhouse

Discussion in 'Action Movies' started by Reverand JC, Jul 15, 2010.

1. Reverand JC

Reverand JC Willy Fuckin' Wonka

It's kind of weird but I really like this movie. I had a realisation once while I was drunk that it was kind of like a Redneck Samauri movie. Basically the whole Young Samauri, Old Master, Warlord plotline. The young Warrior (Swaze) comes into a town that is being oppressed by a tyrannical warlord (Ben Gazarra). The young warrior needs a little help so he calls in the old Master (Sam Elliot). The Warlord then kills the Old Master leaving the Young Warrior with a moral dilemma about exacting revenge or leaving. After revenge is exacted the oppressed town bands together to cover for the young warrior.

Peace Out,
    Rev J

2. Ddoright

Ddoright Senior Member

Actually it's not too bad. The unedited version makes for interesting watching. I don't watch it often though - I refuse to give my wife the satisfaction of knowing I might like Patrick Swayze. She, of course freaks out over Dirty Dancing.

3. Shale

Shale ~

I have both Roadhouse and Dirty Dancing DVD. I got lots of movies with Swayze in them including Ghost & To Wong Fu.

I liked his presence and his range from warrior to drag queen (tho Wesley Snipes "Blade" in drag was an even bigger stretch)

4. I like roadhouse! And it's got nothing to do with Sam Elliot being the hottest, coolest guy in the world!

5. Reverand JC

Reverand JC Willy Fuckin' Wonka

My Mom is way into both Patrick Swayze and Sam Elliot. I still havent seen "To Wong Fu" yet. All of the gay friends I've had have told me that Pricella Queen of the Desert is much better.

Peace Out,
    Rev J

6. Priscilla, Queen of the Desert is outstanding! Guy Pierce is a revelation!

7. I should have added...do try and see it!

8. mr-agent

mr-agent Member

roadhouse is a good movie,it is a movie in which you can keep watching it over and over again and not get bored:policeman:

9. vigilanteherbalist2

vigilanteherbalist2 Senior Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Uxddjd2-s8"]YouTube - Roadhouse! - Peter Griffin (best audio quality)

10. vigilanteherbalist2

vigilanteherbalist2 Senior Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Zu5XVIQylE&feature=related"]YouTube - HOUSE....RoadHOUSE

sorry, i can't help myself

11. deleted

deleted Visitor

12. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

Hmmmmm I dunno if I ever have seen the UNEDITED ONE.... I love how he kicks ass!!!!!