Road Trip!!!!

Discussion in 'Canada' started by environmental_junkie, Jan 2, 2005.

1. environmental_junkie

environmental_junkie Member

Alright, so I am planning a road trip for this summer with no planned destination...Just driving randomly and ending up in beautiful destinations.

I'm really hoping this will fall through and I'm hoping that others would love to join me aswell.

The thing is, this is rather poorly thought out. I don't even have a vehicle yet, and I can't expect my friends to actually fall through with one so I might end up renting one unless I come across some great deals.

If anyone has a vehile that they would be willing to use for this trip that would be fantastic. If not we will pull through some other way...

But with vehicle or not I would love for you to join us it will be one awesome adventure!!!

I live in calgary, so I suppose around the Calgary area would be best unless you can make it and we can pick you up at a discussed place.

I can't wait. Can you?

2. MellowPsychedelia

MellowPsychedelia Member

you could hitch across the country I would join you for that.

3. environmental_junkie

That could be an idea, and if I don't find a vehicle I might be up to it. Why are you not up to a road trip, without the hitch hiking?

4. MellowPsychedelia

MellowPsychedelia Member

I would be in I just got no car to contribute. So I figured I would throw out that suggestion.

5. environmental_junkie

Please read my other thread in the outdoor living section ( it's titled 'Starting young") and also tell me what you think of that, and if you are also interested in that?

6. lyla

lyla Member

oy!
    have no idea what i'm doing this summer yet... probably won't be able to join ya'll for a whole trip, but maybe we can kick it for a portion.

7. environmental_junkie

8. AlwaysInside

AlwaysInside Member

go through BC!!! I Loved road tripping through BC.

9. Crystaleyez

Crystaleyez Member

Hitch...I hitch alla time and its an awesome experience. Its best with a guy. Or another girl, but not as safe. Don't hitch alone. Come out west. The west is the best.

10. spooner

spooner is done.

bc is the easiest place in the world to hitchhike... i've done the north south route about 9 or 10 times and i've waited more then 30 minutes for a ride only once. i've done the whole trip in my first ride before too.

11. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

is there a hitchhiking 101 thread around here for people who have never been on the road like that? probably is one somewhere, anyways, the first couple of times you hitch, you might want to go with someone who knows the road. there are some rides that you arent going to want to take and some basic safety rules that you might want to learn....like always ask THEM where they're going first before they get the chance to ask you. there are some crazies out there who will say they're going to your destination just to get you in their car. And always listen to your gut, if you get a bad gut feeling say no to the ride, there'll be another one coming along soon enough. i've hitched a lot in my time (safely), but i've turned down some rides that could have been really bad (mostly drunk gunnits). and i can tell you a story about a girl i knew who was travelling with her bf and ended up almost getting raped by a trucker who gave them a ride because the bf fell asleep. so, if you're going to hitch, make sure your hitching buddy always has your back.

12. AlwaysInside

AlwaysInside Member

Yeah there is a hitching 101 . I think it's written in one of the ol' hippie's responses.