right wing gun nut jobs try to kill NYC mayor

Discussion in 'Politics' started by rjhangover, May 30, 2013.

1. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

2. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

I don't care who it was or what groups they are affiliated with. If someone sent death threats then they should be punished according to law.

But odds are you're probably right. As NYC seems to be leading the way these days with the trampling of personal liberties.

3. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

How ironic?

New York is the port those fleeing oppression came through to enter this great "land of the free".

4. Obama got one too. Like Obama was gonna be opening his own mail.

5. Individual

Individual Senior Member

Could also have been a Left wing nut job for any number of reasons, not to mention the opportunity to create this thread intent on denigrating those who lean Right, the NRA, and Republicans collectively.

6. deleted

deleted Visitor

could of been a bipolar nut job.. :eek:

7. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

You seem to have just accused rjhangover of attempted murder. Not to mention made a rather ludicrous post in general, if one stops to consider that left and right in american politics are not real sides -- real right is in the american middle, american right is violent, delusional, reactionary, and fascist, while the left, in fact, is not. The worst that they do is collude with, or outright aid, the far right.

I don't think anyone disagrees than NYC tramples personal liberties.

But as the libertarians would tell you, move away. That's their right as a state and city, to be a shitty city.

Be careful about siding with murderous terrorists or assassins, just because you don't like their victims. No matter what "side" they are on, they seek to upset the rule of law and de-stabilize the city (and nation) to the end of their own political will, through violence or fear of violence. I'm not saying that you agree, but that you seem to sympathize, which I think you should seriously re-consider.

8. Individual

Individual Senior Member

Or simply a nut job.

9. Individual

Individual Senior Member

Could you point out where in the above post rjhangover was being accused of attempted murder?

You might also consider the fact that there is no comprehensive definition of any of the labels frequently thrown about in political discussion. Most often labels are being used as a means of collectively denigrating someone based upon something which is baseless, irrelevant, or otherwise irrational.

For example, you don't agree with Obama on some issue. Obama is Black, actually mixed race, therefore you're a racist. Born or live in a Southern State. Careful what you say, you can be branded as a racist and wish to continue the Civil war. You don't support Obamacare. You just want people to die. You don't support gun control. You support crime, criminals, or terrorists. etc., etc., etc.

In dealing with societies and politics, seldom is there a single AND correct answer to any of the issues at hand.

In reality, violence cannot be attributed exclusively to either the Left or the Right. Extremism, resulting in violence, can emerge from any portion of the political spectrum, depending on the issue.

Ideally, we would be much better served if political parties were eliminated completely, States were left to be governed by the consent of their citizens, Left or Right, and the Federal government remained neutral except in the areas where the States agreed to expower it.

10. LetLovinTakeHold

Nah, I don't sympathize with murderous wack jobs. And I agree with the libertarians. I was just saying that given the current political climate in NYC, it was more likely to be a righ wing nut job than the opposite.

But like I said, it's not what they are here that's important, it's what they did.

11. Individual

Individual Senior Member

I found Roos take on your post peculiar and my take seemed to be that regardless of the political leanings, Left, Right, or other, a criminal act had been committed making that person or persons, if apprehended, and found guilty, liable and punishable under our laws. I failed to see how you might be seen as sympathizing with the perpetrator(s).

12. StpLSD25

StpLSD25 Senior Member

First of all, Bloomberg represents pure tyranny; he's a bilderberger, he has connection with the italian mob and, he has passed insane laws in NY (like BANNING super sized or large sodas) and now he's trying to take away our Constitution rights to keep and bear arms. This is not a left-right thing anymore. The Constitution says it is the Supreme Law of the Land. You either accept that and you're a patriot, or you do not, and you support forceful government who may kill, steal, torcher and search peoples possessions/homes without warrents.

I know which side I'm on; you're oblivious to the line in the sand, and see the world in black and white.

13. Ichabod Crane

Ichabod Crane Member

I think RooRshack needs to chill; Quit with the conspiracy theories already.
    As someone once said, just because I'm paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get me!

:D

14. roamy

roamy Senior Member

my guess is a rightwinger

15. Individual

Individual Senior Member

I'll take that to be an admission that you side with the Left, and blame all wrong doing on the Right. Such thinking DOES make guesswork quite easy, eliminating any necessity of facts and/or rational thinking.

16. LetLovinTakeHold

So you think death threats and lame assassination attempts actually help your cause?

Anger clouds judgement.

17. StpLSD25

StpLSD25 Senior Member

Did I ever say that?
    No! I believe this is Karma Bloomberg had coming; I can give a shit if it hurts or helps. (You piss enough ppl off, they're gonna start trying to kill you.) I'm just saying "Fuck Bloomberg with a super-sized soda bottle!"

18. roamy

roamy Senior Member

facts! ha! ha! thats rich comin' from you when you don't recognise any facts that don't add up ta your own views.an i'm not right or left.i'm a rebel.

19. Individual

Individual Senior Member

That you are.

20. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

(double post, see next page)