Richard McBeef

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Krsna Bhakti, Apr 18, 2007.

1. Krsna Bhakti

Krsna Bhakti d-_-b JAMMING

2. Krsna Bhakti

come on guys, what does this play make you think? Personaly, I found parts, PARTS, of it humorous, for the sheer rediculous idiocy of it, I dont find the molestation and murder funny, but certain lines, I cant lie, had me cracking up. What does it make you think? Disgusting? Funny? Disturbing?

3. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

I think that it's completely FUCKING disgusting that this play was published in the first place.

Fuck the people who give a murder fame.

Fuck them.

4. Krsna Bhakti

oh, it tapped a nerve on you?! I never saw you so defensive of a subject Pavel :)

5. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

It just honestly wants to make me puke the burrito I just ate out.

I don't care about the play itself, and I know for a fact that I'm not going to read it... A guy who murdered 32 people does not deserve to have his writing published for that reason. Instant fame and recognition through murder, this is what this society projects.

6. Krsna Bhakti

Good point, I cant argue with that man :) Very interesting, how obsessed people are with murderes...maybe because the murderers are tapping into some concealed intention within the average human being?

7. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

No, it's because murderers ruin the average American's illusion of safety. The average American cannot understand what would lead someone to murder, and why oh why, would someone murder instead of following the American dream.

Hell, the news would probably love some more murders... they are running out of fresh material with Iraq being old news. At least 170 people dead in Baghdad today, btw... not as big a story as some mourning kids in Virginia... tsk tsk tsk.

8. Krsna Bhakti

Are you sure thats the only reason though? Because where I live is one the most dangerous areas of Philadelphia, and we are the murder capital in the country right now, so the people around me are pretty desensitized to violence. I dont think that for everyone, it is an issue of personal comfort. Rather, a fascination with the morbid and obscene :)

9. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

America is still considered to be the safest country in the world by most Americans. It is also considered to be fanatically secure and always right.

It is no morbid obsession. I don't think that the people in Virginia, or anywhere else for the matter have some morbid obsession with murder... if people do, then TV satisfies is by far as it is.

This is a real life murder, it is not a violence obsession, it cannot be... like I said, if people are so truly obsessed (subconsciously or not) with murder, then the TV should provide enough stimulation...it being a real life or tv murderer wouldn't make a difference.

I'm not saying that you are wrong, but... I'm saying that there is so much much much more to it than just some sort of morbid obsession.

10. 121

121 Senior Member

I don't know what this thread is about but fuck yeah! :D :playnice:

11. Krsna Bhakti

Oh yea of course, there is definitley more to the whole situation, and I did not mean the people directly affected by the deaths, that is why I brought up my area, my people, who are barely phased by violence. But I dont know man, some of the movies coming out these days remind me of public execution, and times when mass murder was considered a sport in which many many people found entertainment :)

12. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

You see, I myself am not at all phased by violence, I may even be a tad too apathetic towards it... coming from Israel where innocent people are murdered everyday (Same with Honduras and the gang warfare there)... and that is reality... death happens, murder happens, at times there is no explanation. The average American is absolutely shocked, and even worse... terrified by such an occurance. Most Americans are not living in the real world, they are living in their little bubble... and still dare to say that the world should be like America, and criticize it for not being like America.

13. Krsna Bhakti

True, it seems that at least the majority of american voices that are projected and heard do fit that stereotype. But, why then, is violence praised by SO many people? Video games, movies, music, entire sub cultures are dedicated to that dark shit.

14. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Violence is not only "praised" by Americans, it is "praised" by all of the world in the sense of movies, video games, etc.

Humanity is violent, it has an extremely violent history. I do not believe that most individual humans are violent, but when you put them in groups... hell erupts.

Anyhow, I think that violent movies, video games, etc are very very very positive things... they let people take their rage and inner violence out in a harmless way.

I'd much rather have someone play GTA than someone go out on the street shooting people up to get the same aggression out of his system.