Rice as a filtering agent

Discussion in 'Show Your Piece' started by oldviper, Jul 16, 2011.

1. oldviper

oldviper Guest

I bought a new kind of glass pipe that uses white rice as a filtering agent that’s replaceable for about $50 called The RicePipe. It smokes coolly and slowly, is about 4" long, has an end cap for portability and there is a hole for a straw I use sometimes for a cooler smoke. Has anyone else seen one of these or had any experience with using rice as a filter? My camera and webcam are broken but I found this picture on their site to give you an idea what it looks like. :beatnik:

2. broony

broony Banned

Never tried or even seen. I don't know how it would change anything but maybe the taste since the smoke is going through rice? It sounds like a silly idea really...still though id give it a try.

3. monkeyman450

monkeyman450 Member

Interesting. :2thumbsup:

4. jimmyjoe1

jimmyjoe1 toker Lifetime Supporter

very nice..

5. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

rice like carbon has tons of tiny little cracks in it.. allowing for a pretty good filtration of the smoke.. from what i've heard it also cools down the smoke quite a bit.. you can do this with your bong.. just make sure its 100% dry before adding the rice.. personally.. i prefer the bubbling of a bong

6. ganjabomber

ganjabomber Senior Member

what are your thoughts on loosing thc with filtration joker? do you not care? that seems to be the consensus.. id think alot of smoke would cling to rice before you could inhale that shit

7. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

I prefer to get high on as minimal amount of weed as possible.. adding carbon/rice.. defeats that point... if you're worried about cleaner smoke.. turn to vaporizing.. that way you at least still get your bang for your buck.. instead of it being trapped in carbon/rice..

instead of buying that pipe posted above that'll probably cost you an arm and a leg.. get yourself an old metal pipe that you can unscrew the chamber on.. add rice/carbon.. you got the same thing.. for under $10