Revealed: NSA spies on WoW, Xbox Live, Second Life

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by sunfighter, Dec 9, 2013.

1. sunfighter

sunfighter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Secret documents disclosed by whistleblower Edward Snowden show that the NSA and its sister agency in the UK, the GCHQ

The full article can be read here
    http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/dec/09/nsa-spies-online-games-world-warcraft-second-life

2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Intriguing read, thanks for sharing!

3. LornaDoom

LornaDoom Senior Member

Oh shit! I am going to need to check this out..thanks for the hook up

4. sunfighter

You know, they say that less than 5% of Snowden's documents have been released. It is staggering what's been revealed so far. Where does it end? Last I looked, the Constitution still has a Fourth Amendment.

5. LornaDoom

LornaDoom Senior Member

I am sure it does not end..the government does whatever it wants. Right now I think they are on a fact gathering mission on each person that lives in the U.S.

6. RIPTIDE59

RIPTIDE59 Banned

What has happened to oby and his transparency promise? Sorry too late to blame jr. The annointed will have to take the rap on this.

7. fraggle_rock

fraggle_rock Member

How could anyone have possibly expected that the government was going to stay away from the Internet?

If you care about your privacy, DON'T GO ONLINE.

8. happilyinlove

happilyinlove with myself :p

I personally don't have anything to hide. I think spying is fine if its for my protection, I always figured they did anyway lol.

Especially when you have issues like Snowden being a shady loose cannon that he is.

For every law that protects you, there's a another that enables the government to dip and weave and remove you of your rights. What, did you think they were gonna give you full control? lolzz

9. sunfighter

The President has taken an oath to uphold and defend the Constitution from all enemies, foreign and domestic. He, and Bush before him, have violated this oath with respect to the Fourth Amendment. This is a big deal.

10. happilyinlove

Yeah but I'm sure every president has violated this, you just don't know it because we had more loyal people working for us. Snowden is not as loyal and told secrets.

Also, presidents aren't really the powers that be. It's corporations and leaders of special interest groups. Whoever has the dinero.

11. sunfighter

The Fourth Amendment for those of you who have forgotten:

Until the Bush Administration, the US followed this, pretty much.

12. happilyinlove

Ya they followed it that you/we know of. But we can't say with any degree of certainty because neither of us are privy to any domestic intelligence other than what they allow us to see. The government has complete control of the media.

I guess I have somewhat of a defeatist attitude toward it. I enjoy many civil liberties that other countries aren't fortunate to have, so I can turn a blind eye to this.

13. Asmodean

As long you don't notice anything of it, it is easy to turn a blind eye :p But if you'd be one of the few who for some reason get hassled by this you would have wished your fellow countrymen cared more :p

14. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

This is how it starts...

15. happilyinlove

Perhaps :)

But what are they going to find and hassle me for? A pink vibrator? I lead a pg13-R rated life. Not very scandalous. hehe

16. Asmodean

I admit that the fact that I don't imagine myself to be a target makes me slightly more apathetic about these things as well. And that I live in the netherlands and not in the U.S. of course.

17. happilyinlove

Don't get me wrong, I have my limits. Notice I said, as long as its for my safety its ok.

If they start prosecuting every Tom, Dick, and Harry for petty crimes then yeah thats bullshit and a waste of resources.

But I believe if it promotes the big picture safety, then its ok.

18. sunfighter

In many states, adultery is still on the books as a serious crime. Since you are happilyinlove, I'm sure you have nothing to worry about.

As long as we have so many bad laws on the books (for instance, in Arizona, it is illegal to have more than two dildos in your house) you are at risk if they snoop into your private affairs.

19. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

20. happilyinlove

Interesting point and I believe that most sex laws are a violation of human rights. For example, who is anyone to tell me my husband can't sexually gratify me by putting his penis in my mouth or ass?

I'm on the fence with adultery being illegal. Im very against affairs and adultery. But I might be swayed if someone could support a good defense for it.

State laws can be challenged. It's the Supreme Court you have to worry about.