Restaurants

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by ohiodel, Mar 5, 2017.

1. ohiodel

ohiodel Member

I have noticed lately that a lot more restaurants are becoming barefoot friendly in my area. I remember several years ago being at a restaurant for a quick lunch and was sitting in a booth, I had slipped my heels off and was casually chatting with a coworker when the manager approached our booth and scolded me about having my shoes off, this was really embarrassing at the time. But now I find the most restaurants in my area don't seem to notice or mind if I remove my shoes. There are even a few that I go to that I have left my shoes in the car. I recently was having lunch by myself at a Bob Evan and my waitress told me of another customer who was in that days and had slipped off her flip flops and she then mentioned she does the same thing. I really enjoyed her final comment. She said "we barefooters have to stick together, we are good people".

2. j17435

j17435 Member

Cool. I met a barefooter in San Diego who manages an upscale Italian restaurant.
    He instructed the staff that barefoot is always welcome in the place.
    I haven't been there nor do I typically go barefoot into public establishments, but good to know more places like that are out there.

3. Sora

Sora Members

Always take my shoes off at restaurants, never have had a problem, most people don't care what you do when you're sitting there, it seems. Feels good to enjoy in bare feet!

4. fatelvis

fatelvis Member

I can't imagine why anyone would care if you take your shoes off at the table. I go to casual restaurants barefoot pretty often, and I can't ever remember it being a problem.