RESPONSES NEEDED - Marjiuana Oral History Project

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by NCascone, May 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NCascone

NCascone Member

Hello, everyone. My name is Nicholas Cascone and I am in the initial stages
    of an oral history project concerning the use of marijuana. This is a
    university project; if I can get some good results it's possible this
    history may someday see publication. Anyone and everyone reading this
    message is invited to answer any or all of the following questions. Feel
    free to skip questions that concern or distress you.

Please do not post your answers here in the newsgroup; instead, e-mail them
    to me personally at potproject@att.net. All replies will, of course, remain
    totally confidential. Here's the list of questions; feel free to answer any
    or all of them.

1. Describe your first experience with marijuana. Please detail the
    setting (date, time, place, others involved, etc.) and your initial
    motivation for trying pot.

2. Describe in general terms your current usage pattern, including
    frequency of use, amount per 'session' and with whom you generally smoke.

3. How do you get marijuana? Be as general or as specific as you like;
    I'm NOT looking for names or phone numbers here. How much do you keep on
    hand? If you buy, how much do you buy at once?

4. Thinking back over the history of your use of marijuana, how (if at
    all) has the quality of pot changed? What's the best you ever had? What's
    the worst?

5. One could consider marijuana users a distinct subculture. How does it
    feel to be a member of that subculture? Have your feelings about this
    changed over the course of your history with pot?

6. What are your views on legalization? Should it happen? What shape
    should legalization take? When do you think it will happen, if ever? What
    will the ramifications be if/when it does happen?

To reiterate, I'm interested in hearing from anyone and everyone on this.
    Too much response is not enough. Enjoy yourself with these questions;
    however, my deadline is May 20 -- don't delay, answer today!

Thanks in advance,
    Nick

2. AoXoMoXoA420

AoXoMoXoA420 Member

I don't smoke marijuana. No one on this forum smokes marijuana.
    Please leave.
    You're creepy.

Peace out Nick,
    I mean NARC!

3. underwhelmed

underwhelmed Member

whats marjiuana?

4. purcolekraze

purcolekraze Member

I agree that you're creepy. How do we know that you're not a cop or something? I was going to do a report like that for hte hell of it but I never got around to it.

5. sugrmag

sugrmag Uber Nerd

Would you like our addresses as well? *cough*narc*cough*

6. Ginge

Ginge Ye Olde Member

Wow. [​IMG]

No comment.

7. wizarddrew77

wizarddrew77 The Wiz

was born at night-but not last night! I sense a Pork Product!

8. NaturalMysticYum

NaturalMysticYum Member

ok so say he is a cop, how would any of that info help the cop squad?

9. Becknudefck

Becknudefck Senior Member

you pig! god damn swine!

10. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

why do you want to know who i smoke pot with, and i don't keep track of dates or anything, it isnt like i have a "i started smoking pot" anniversary or anything, this is kinda weird

11. MattInVegas

MattInVegas John Denver Mega-Fan

(Sniff!) You've all been trained VERY well! There are tears of PRIDE in my eyes! You've learned to spot PORK at the first glance! I'm so F**KING PROUD of you all! ;)
    I used to TEACH how to spot this crap in the OLD forums. (Help Wanted" I think it was...)

12. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

I can smell a pig from a mile away LOL
    anywhoo i am pretty good at spotting narc's they always wear perfectly ironed 80s clothes to festivals and they never have a wristband on like the rest of the crowd......

13. Experience Haze

Experience Haze Member

OH MY GOD, in rehab they make you write out dates of or as close to of all the times you have smoked, and the negative consequence taht time had on you. i said only once a month.... WHAT BULLSHIT!!!!
    :X

14. teepi

teepi living my dream

Since no one else here is willing to help you...I will, I think its admirable that you want to record my experiences and i know this is late but hopefully you can still use my answers.......

1.My first experience was somewhat cliche as i was with my babysitter,and we were approached by a man in dark clothes, he was rather scruffy looking with a certain wildness in his eyes.
    He kept looking around and talking real fast...he made us take some, telling us that we would surely be with the "in crowd" if we smoked it and acted like we enjoyed it, even if we didn't. This was July 2 1966. I was 8 and my sitter was 15, her name was Katie.We took it afraid to look "uncool".

2.I smoke about 1/2 ounce per "session" now as all I smoke is crap thus not strong at all, I roll my marijuana cigarettes out of newspaper(see "Cheech and Chong" movies for more info.)they are harsh alright, but it saves on time.
    Frequency of usage would be....about 16-20 of these massive "joints" per day...as I said they are not very strong and I can't afford the good stuff.
    It's hell on my lungs, but whats a poor old pothead to do?????
    I smoke with my dog, he bogarts the hell out of it and alot of times I end up having to wrestle the damn thing away from him, but he's a pretty good look out for narcs so I keep him around.

3. I get it from the asshole down the street...Mike Cockrell,937-555-3825...1115 Incognito Drive. I don't buy it...he's been trying to get in my pants for years and he's so fucking high I keep telling him we just finished doing it and now he owes me some.....and the stupid idiot hands it over.

4. the quality has changed...it used to taste like grass...now it tastes like weeds.
    Oh yeah and the price has gone way down, but I still can't afford to buy it....
    Mmmm...the best I ever had.....well, that would have to be when i traveled to D.C and was out on Pennsylvania Ave and this guy walked up to me and said his name was Marion or was it Barry???? Man, I can't remember, but it was some smokin' shit he had....
    The worst......I was at this party at a private club (the name was some number....53....54?? can'y remember) and this couple came in and just laid a bunch of stuff out on a table and told every one to help themselves, we were passing around a big doob(thats what some call marijuana cigs) and the next thing i know the whole freaking place was on fire.......oh yeah the stuff tasted funny, like incence or something spicy.

5. Yeah my attitude has changed about it......I've seen alot of people become so strung out on it....they've lost everything, family, friends, careers, money...everything. I've seen babies be sold to buy the evil weed. Pawn shops are full of whole house contents that people have sold just for another pot "fix"....when will the madness end???? I truely feel things won't change until laws are beefed up to deal with this menace to society. The death penalty would probably be a good deterent. I don't want to be a member of this sub-culture...I hate living underground.....too dirty.

6.Under NO circumstances should it be legalized, like I said I think the death penelty should be considered. I would MUCH rather have smelly drunks out and about. trashing the place, beating up people, puking everywhere, driving like maniacs, then to have a bunch of mellowed out potsmokers near me.
    I LOVE ASSHOLE DRUNKS!!!!!!YAY!!!! The day they legalize it...is the day I quit smoking it!!!!!

Man, thank you so much...I enjoyed myself soooo much with this, can't wait to see my name in lights...or whatever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.