Resin is smokable right?

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by Rasheeke, Jan 25, 2005.

1. Rasheeke

Rasheeke Member

I cleaned out my pipe the other night, anbd got enough to roll myself a nice little ball. i'm told its smokable, and quite good too. How long does it actually last?? because the resin already on the sides of my bowl don't just disappear when flame comes by, so, wil this resin ball get smaller as i smoke it?

2. redresonant

redresonant Member

no put it in tinfoil and put it in your but... for 2 hours until only the tin foil is left..

3. juggla

juggla Member

smoke it by putting some ash into your bowl and the resin rolled into little balls on top and gently smoke it. the resin balls will eventually turn to resin.

4. NoVictimNoCrime

NoVictimNoCrime -

yeah its smokable like said above, but its not good for your lungs...because its whats left behind from smoking, like the tar and other carcinogens, so i personally dont think its worth it for the buzz, which isnt anything like a real high, in my opinion...

5. Rasheeke

Rasheeke Member

Well, i might just mix it with a regular bowl ya think that'd be a better idea?? just a nice thick bowl.

6. CubanB

CubanB Member

Rezin is definately smokeable......great when you have no weed to smoke. It is pure black gold.

7. redresonant

redresonant Member

WELL I THINK YOU SHOULD AT LEAST TRY DOING IT MY WAY FIRST

8. Rasheeke

Rasheeke Member

FINE i will. ill get high right? :)

9. redresonant

redresonant Member

Nice ....wait ... I Forgot To Tell You Heat It Up First...very Important

10. TheJolta

TheJolta Member

Tin foil is definitely not the best thing to inhale while heating. With my bowl I just roll the ball and plop it into my bowl and hit it. Works very well and it doesn't fall until it's turned into ash it's more of a melting thing. Definitely a good high depending on how big the ball is.

11. Flav_cool

Flav_cool Member

I've discovered an amzing way to smoke resin...but I don't have time to write about it now, I will later tonight.

12. element7

element7 Random fool

Recently I visited an old friend who had 3 gerber baby jars filled with resin. Please share the amazing technique. All suggestions towards a delightful smoking experience would be welcome. Truly, w.

13. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

Ill go through my resin theory again:

Resin is all of the aubstance that is in the smoke you breath in. When plant matter, or anything really, is combusted, all of the products of this are uncombustional. Some of the chemicals in the resin however, when heated will turn into gass form once again.

If you collect resin from the sides of your pipe, your essentially scraping up solid-form of what you inhale. there is nothing in teh resin that doesnt go into your lungs when you normally smoke.

When you heat up resin witha flame youll notice it doesnt burn, it heats up and goes dry (and can be sucked through the piece easily) This is because all of the main ingredients of the smoke are non-combustable.

So the only thing in teh smoke is going to be THC and other chemicals that can be turned into gas when heated.

Therefor when you smoke resin, you are smoking THC and some chemicals that you would normally be smoking.

So, reason then goes to say that smoking resin is much more healthy than smoking weed (Pespecially in a bong, because bongs have been found to not filter out particulates that well, and its particulates that arent in resin smoke, so bong +resin smoke should be the healthiest way of smoking possible)

14. TrippinBTM

TrippinBTM Ramblin' Man

^^ I dunno, Bill. If those non-combustable chemicals don't burn but are vaporized (turned to a gas), then you inhale it, won't it condense again as tar in your lungs? It seems like it would be less healthy, because not only are you inhaling tars (in vaporized form at the moment) but you're doing it from a condensed ball of resin, which has more tars per unit area than the original marijuana.

The same rationale is evident in opiates. Smoking opium is alright, it's addictive and all, but heroin, a purified, condensed form of the opium, is very dangerous and very addictive. In the same way, Smoking marijuana, you will inhale some tar, but smoking resin, which is condensed, purified tars, is much less healthy.

(and before any of you jump the guy, I'm not saying marijuana, or even resin, is anywhere close to as dangerous as opium or heroin. It's an analogous comparison, used to make a point.)

15. Rasheeke

Rasheeke Member

Both Bill and Trippin bring up good idea's, but, trippin, would the resin itself be all that bad for my lungs?? Like very bad or, just, a tad worse then normal weed?

16. TrippinBTM

TrippinBTM Ramblin' Man

I can't say because I'm not a doctor, but logic and common sense tell me that if you concentrate something bad, then ingest it, it's going to be worse than the more diluted way. When you smoke, you inhale some tars, but smoking resin is smoking nothing but tar.

17. PokeSmot

PokeSmot Member

if you were a true stoner you'd say fuck my lungs, im getting high and just smoke the resin, which is gonna taste like a turd when you hit it.

18. TrippinBTM

TrippinBTM Ramblin' Man

That's just dumb. I hope it was also sarcasm.

19. WeeDMaN

WeeDMaN a pothead

if you hold the lighter over the resin, and not on it, it will burn slower, cuz resin burns fast as hell.

20. reefer121

reefer121 Member

u only live once. smoke the resin unless u have bud