Requiem for a Dream

Discussion in 'Movies' started by humandraydel, Jan 28, 2005.

1. humandraydel

humandraydel Member

who has seen this movie? i absolutely love this movie, the cinematography is great and starts to make you feel fucked up yourself after a while.

humandraydel

2. ZePpeLinA

ZePpeLinA Jump around!

yeah I agree Requiem is a very good film. I really like Aronofsky in this one. i saw his other film "Pi" last night and i could see some similarities...anyway, yeah I've watched it a few times too and the first time I watched it at a party, the following week I had to go and buy the dvd.

3. goldmund

goldmund Member

Requiem and Pi used to be my favorite movies. love the way they are cut up. some say a little over done, both with photography and editing. i kinda agree, but still cool.

4. humandraydel

humandraydel Member

yeah, PI is sweet too. i sort of see how people say it's too cut up but i think it's just because they are used to watching mindless TV. i think its really well done to serve it's purpose....make you feel fucked up. the rapid images that flash when they take drugs is incredible.

what about the movie "Memento"....anyone see this? this movie is pretty great too....its about this guy who has severe amnesia and can't remember stuff from 5 minutes ago. it starts at the end of the story and works back to the beginning.....and when you see the end of the movie (which is really the beginning of the story) you say...."holy shit!"

humandraydel

5. ZePpeLinA

ZePpeLinA Jump around!

yeah Memento is a great film too

6. Autentique

Autentique wonderfabulastic

I loved Requiem for a Dream..I see it as an artsy film, because of the cinematography, every single shot, has an incredible image. Is kinda depressing, because is very raw.. but that doesnt make it less of a great movie.
    I remember after it ended.. I mean those last minutes of the film.. I just stayed there.. staring at the tv.. in a state of shock.

7. lildeadheadash

lildeadheadash Member

I use to watch Requiem for a Dream all the time. I stopped watching it though, because it's really sad and depressing. I know some people that have gone through similar experiences, so everytime I watch it I think about them :(

8. WildRain

WildRain Member

"Requiem" is one of the most dark and depressing movies I've ever seen. Just when you think it can't get any worse for these people, it does. However, it's still a fantastic flick. Top-notch performances by everyone in the cast, especially Ellen Burnstyn. One of my all-time favorite films.

9. naturegoddess69

naturegoddess69 Member

I just saw this movie last night. It was so depressing. I liked the cut scenes. I also found the "killer" fridge oddly entertaining. But I was do disturbed & cried when I saw the girl at that sex party thing degrading herself like that for drugs. The movie truly did get worse & worse for each character. Then when it showed his arm, ugh.

10. Carlfloydfan

Carlfloydfan Travel lover

Very good movie! Check out fear and loathing in las vegas too.

I tend to like a lot of mind fucks...Donnie Darko, Magnolia, Vanilla Sky, One who flew over the cukoos nest, momento, fight club, American Psycho, ect.

11. LooLoo

LooLoo Member

I loved everything about the film, but frankly I'm kinda scared to watch it again. I felt depressed for hours afterwards haha, when you watch it your mood just spirals down with the characters lives.

12. inbloom

inbloom as the crow flies...

there was already a thread about this movie. yeah, i really like it.

13. clockworkorangeagain

clockworkorangeagain femme fatale

awesome movie....far better warning of drugs than any other movie i have ever seen.... graphic, shocking, and all those lovely things!

14. Zion

Zion Member

Ill never use drugs now, Thank GOD boogienights was a little redeming

15. supermommy

supermommy wannabe crackho

I loved this movie but it was friggin mad!! I remember jumping off the couch during a scene with that fridge...sheesh!! The cinematography was insanely good..
    Nothin like a good heroin movie..haha..

16. jkearns4949

jkearns4949 Member

It is almost a little scary watching that movie. I almost started to feel like I was doing the drugs.

17. Faerie

Faerie Peachy

Its a great movie.. But really depressing... I can only watch it soo often otherwise it starts to mess with my head

18. Ellis

Ellis Member

Requiem For A Dream is probably one of the best movies I ever saw! But afterwards I was a bit fucked up though...It was so emotional, and the shots are just so great. Really depressing acctually, but I love it.

19. Barbuchon

Barbuchon Member

it's a very very great movie, the soundtrack is just totally amazing. and the story line is just so much vivid for me.

20. hippin life

hippin life Member

ive never seen it but it sounds comparable to American History X, ill have to check it out