REPUBLICAN Voter Suppression legislation

Discussion in 'Democracy' started by erofant, Mar 20, 2021.

1. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

The question is - are right wing policies about putting the interests of the US and its citizens first?

Even a cursory look would have to conclude no and a closer one is even more damming.

I mean take the issue of this thread – is voter suppression good for the US is undermining democracy good for the US and it clearly isn’t for those American’s that will then find it more difficult to vote.

Then you’d have to ask has right wing neoliberal economic policies been good for the US and the majority of its citizens? It has been very good for the most wealthy in US society who in the last 40 years have seen their wealth grow immensely due to a series of right wing tax cuts (ballooning the public debt for no return), but for most other Americans their real term incomes have to one degree or another fallen or stagnated.

Is argued that the backbone of any countries economy is its infrastructure, yet again neoliberal policies and ideas have seen the maintenance or improvement of that infrastructure basically been ignored.

Then you could ask have right wing politics and policies been any good at tackling the many social problems facing the US and its citizens? Well even the slightest examination would have to conclude no and could even be said to have often made a bad situation worse. I mean the general crime figures for the US are basically comparable to otter advanced countries, yet it very expensively incarnates the highest proportion of its population and the right-wing emphasis on gun ownership as a means of tackling crime means the US has a vast number gun related deaths. And related to that the problem of policing especially of differing ethnic groups has not been addressed.

Also one of the biggest threats facing the future of the US is climate change yet many right wingers ignore or dismiss the threat and often actively work again st those that wish to mitigate the risks.

Anyway I could go on but I think you get the idea

The ideas that any supporter of right-wing policies is actually interested putting the people and the country first is just a sick joke.

Tishomingo, Flagme15 and scratcho like this.
  2. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

What's the capitol city of Nebraska?

3. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

4. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

5. sherman march

sherman march Members

many of these voter suppression laws will be challenged in court and will be struck down as unconstitutional. it just takes time. Where there is a will there is a way. No matter what barriers are put up, if a citizen is determined to vote then that person will find a way to do it. I sort of believe that the more the Republican legislatures try to block voting, especially by minorities, the more those targeted minorities will be to absolutely find a way vote.

6. Twogigahz

Twogigahz Senior Member

Could you believe that rebuttal that SC Congressman Tim Scott gave? Simply speaking, how could a black man refute even 10% of the things that the Democrats are trying to accomplish, much most of them ? How can he possibly say with a straight face that they're trying to make voting easier for the poor and minorities? They put his ass there for one reason only - to spew this shit, as a minority, so minorities would listen. "oooooh, 40 acres and a mule to allla y'alls....". I don't know how some people sleep at night.

scratcho likes this.
  7. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Makes ya' wonder doesn't it, but when you have no conscience, no morality, no sense of duty to anything other than slobbering over and kissing the asses of the richest citizens and the corporations that pay to put them in their jobs------. Everything that Biden mentioned would be good for this country and most of our citizens. And yet-----the republicans are against ALL of the issues and are against them RIGHT IN FRONT OF US ALL! And the dumbest of our citizens will stab themselves right in the gut to profess their love for authoritarian, lying, soulless , cheating republicans that could not care less about them. The stupidity is mind blowing!!

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  8. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

9. Twogigahz

Twogigahz Senior Member

Why are we allowing a secret partisan recount of Arizona's votes??

granite45, erofant and Tyrsonswood like this.
  10. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

What can we do about it? "States rights", you know.

erofant and Tyrsonswood like this.
  11. Twogigahz

Twogigahz Senior Member

Get back in there and keep counting until you get it right !!

Tishomingo likes this.
  12. newo

The Republicans do realize that any new voter laws are not retroactive, right? They know they can't apply them to the 2020 election, right? Right?!

Just kidding, I know they only wish they could!

13. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

the interesting question is: what will happen when they find massive irregularities, which they surely will? Will anybody believe this bunch of professional conspiracy theorists working unsupervised is capable of a reliable, disinterested ballot count that is at variance with the two previous ones conducted by the election officials?

14. Twogigahz

Twogigahz Senior Member

50% of the population will believe them. In fact, 50% of the population would eat a shit sandwich if ol' Cheeto Jesus said it was good.

scratcho likes this.
  15. granite45

granite45 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I won’t.

Tishomingo likes this.
  16. erofant

erofant Members

When every state has to "compete" in one form or another - it creates division. When states each have their own set of election rules - with NO national laws & standards - it's open season on vote rigging, voter suppression, gerrymandering, etc. ........................ all of which is happening in state legislatures controlled by ............ guess who ............ Republicans.

The REPUBLICAN PARTY .............. the party that's SOOOOOO afraid of free and FAIR elections that they have to RIG the system so only they can win ................ all while claiming that they are the party AGAINST cheating and rigging!!!!!!!

I have to say, it's a very, VERY SAD commentary on the vision and intellect of many U.S. citizens that they can't see what's happening to our democracy. The REPUBLICAN PARTY is shredding what the Founders established (The Constitution, our democratic republic, and the freedoms the Founders intended) ................. all while claiming to defend those very things. That sooo many Americans can't recognize this and see it for what it TRULY IS, demonstrates just how blind and stupid they really are.

Over the course of history, millions of people have fought and died for freedom and to have a voice - in many "civilizations" - and soooo many American citizens are blindly pissing our hard-won freedoms down the drain. It GAGS me to think of all the Revolutionary, Civil, WW I, WW II, Korean, Viet Nam, and Middle Eastern war soldiers who DIED for our freedoms here .............. and about 45% of U.S. citizens can't - or won't - see what the REPUBLICAN PARTY is doing to dismantle our country and it's democracy.

IMO ........ sadly ............ I fully believe the U.S. will soon be nothing but a footnote in the dustbin of history. Like soooo many other "civilizations" (of much LONGER duration than the U.S., BTW) the U.S. will fall from internal R-O-T, apathy, and complete LACK of intelligence of it's population. Russia and China are laughing at us with twitching erections watching us eat ourselves alive ............. while they rapidly build up their militaries for the easy take over of the U.S. The ULTIMATE in U.S. stupidity and LACK of long-term vision..

Just watch.

skip, scratcho and Tishomingo like this.
  17. newo

18. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

erofant--you have it exactly right, my friend. This experiment ---"by the people--for the people", will eventually go the way of many civilizations over the course of history and will do so mainly from within ---our own citizens complicit in allowing / causing our downfall. I've seen it over my lifetime in many social situations---THE BAD ALWAYS EVENTUALLY DRIVES OUT THE GOOD. In the case of governments, the good thrives for a time and then inevitably comes the usual power seekers aided by the usual compliant, blind and stupid. Shame, that.

erofant likes this.
  19. Twogigahz

Twogigahz Senior Member

Where is the outrage?

scratcho and granite45 like this.
  20. erofant

erofant Members

Ignorance and apathy ........... the two DEADLY ingredients that destroy any country or "civilization."

I truly believe, as I watch world events with Russia and China rapidly building their military forces and establishing new bases globally, that WW 3 is not very far away. China is now throwing big money and promises to Western African countries to allow them to set up naval bases on Africa's west coast ........... the one closest to the U.S. China ALREADY has loads of acreage they purchased in South America and have already set up radar and "listening" equipment there. Russia is building new bases in the Arctic. The U.S is gradually being hemmed-in by Russia and China ............... all while our IDIOTS scream, yell, call each other names, point fingers and launch false accusations. We self-destruct while Russia and China sip champagne and fondle themselves.

Say goodbye to the U.S. and our kids & grandkids' futures.

And while all this is going on ................... we have THE REPUBLICAN PARTY sucking Trump's dick like the fools they are. They support "The Big Lie" that Trump won the election, and now race to enact voter suppression laws while continuously spewing lies about a variety of topics. The REPUBLICAN PARTY has demoted Liz Cheyney for having the AUDACITY to tell the truth about Trump's LOSS. Any other Republicans who've spoken the truth are now outcasts and pariahs in their own party!!! Truth be damned. The REPUBLICAN PARTY is soooooo obsessed with obtaining ALL power in the U.S. - they fail to see that the power they seek may be taken from them ...... and us all ......... by foreign invaders. Maybe THAT'S why Trump is - and has been - soooo cozy and protective of Putin.

The REPUBLICAN PARTY being about freedom and liberty??????????????? THAT'S a J-O-K-E. That's THE BIGGEST LIE.

Last edited: May 16, 2021
    scratcho and Tishomingo like this.