REPUBLICAN Voter Suppression legislation

Discussion in 'Democracy' started by erofant, Mar 20, 2021.

1. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

TrudginAcrossTheTundra Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Sweetie.... That's what I asked you for. You never gave it in all your responding since. If you don't believe me, go back and read all the posts in our exchange.

So why are you asking me, now, how I know what you haven't told me yet?

It's not that I really personally want to know. I just don't think you know yet yourself. And I'm thinking I'm helping you by trying to jump start the logical side of your brain. But perhaps your brain needs to mature more before it's ready for that. Anyway, whenever there's an argument/debate, most people just pick the side of other people they like for some other reason (like they're cute, promise me stuff, someone else I like likes em, etc) so you're just being normal like most people, which is perfectly normal and predictable.

2. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Sweetie? Trying to help? Brain needs to mature? Condescending prick. Typical bullshit republican. You forgot hysterical.

Tishomingo, Flagme15 and Tyrsonswood like this.
  3. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

Haha look who got triggered! Sad dude.
    Just being honest.
    You're the one who looks hysterical. Get over yourself. She's reasonable, just still in second gear. You're topped out wot in high but on the down grade with half the plugs drowned in carbon deposits.

4. scratcho

Triggered indeed. Won't get over myself soon --I'm the only self I have.! :)Easy to be triggered by right wingers/republicans/conservatives when I've seen and heard them for decades. Dishonesty, condescension, anti working person types, dirty tricksters, obfuscators, hypocrites, etc,etc,etc. It's fun to be triggered by those for whom I have so little respect. Have a nice day--:p

5. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

Those are word salads and personal jabs of cognitive dissonance. Hard to accept, of course. But people are hard-wired to fight so it's natural. What's hard is the introspection to combat the instinct. What's easy (and intellectually lazy) is to hop on a bandwagon. One who takes it personally can think it's an insult, one with an open mind will recognize that it's wisdom. We actually have the freedom to choose.

6. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

Speaking of REPUBLICAN Voter Suppression legislation,

I find it entertaining how so many people think one party is great and the other party sucks. But it's also disappointing that so many fellow beings are so easily duped. It's like a warmonger mentality pitting "us vs them". Although the truth is, it's really human nature to want to fight. I guess this is a way to satisfy that instinct. But we so easily dismiss that they're all politicians, hungry to get paid by the people while telling them what they can and can't do, mostly can't!

We better be thankful we have two sides to disagree and resist edicts from the other. If we didn't, then we'd be at the mercy of whatever shortsighted rules they'd fire at us. It's bad enough even as stands, imagine either party having free reign to rule over us!!

But they're trying their hardest, fighting to gain the most influence over the voters with empty promises and buying up media sources to skew and control the presentation of topics - in order to brainwash the average person to conceive only one side of an argument such that they can prime the subjects into believing that putting people of that one party in power, they can solve all the ills they present.

But there's two or more sides to a story, multiple ways of looking at things, solutions to problems that don't exist, unexpected consequences of seemingly good solutions to real problems, actions and reactions to benefit those in power at the expense of the subjects under the guise of serving them... All this and more.

So let's be thankful to have founders with the vision to see this, and that we have two parties to keep each other in check. Freedoms are disappearing fast, but it would be moreso if only one party had free reign.

7. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

Yeah, that could be a costly loss.

8. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

Why do you suppose minorities vote overwhelmingly for Democrats?

9. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

Actually, this may help understand a significant aspect:

10. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

and you’re in reverse.

Since you’re the supposed genius around here why told you tell us?

stormountainman likes this.
  11. scratcho

The fact that the question is even asked reveals the bias of the questioner. The previous sentence reveals my bias. The information/ history/knowledge is and has been obvious and available virtually forever for anyone who cares to sift through it and read and listen daily.
    I have no illusions that under the best of conditions this country is anything close to perfect. It was,is and continues to be rigged for a certain class of people from the very beginning. High ideals--great ideas--but if it weren't for those that tried over and over and over again to fight constrictive conservatism, racism, anti working elitism, pompous bought and sold sycophants to the rich that comply to their every whim, oft times resulting in blood and death to those that wish to be treated with dignity and respect-----you know--the ones that vote for civil rights. The ones that vote for progress in most issues of importance to common folk who merely want a share of what pie is left after the regressives gobble nine tenths of it for themselves. Those people are now called anything from democrats to progressive democrats.Usually.

So yeah MR tundra--it's quite easy for me to get all het up over the right wing obstructionism, the overt lying, the recent worship of a mentally ill con man without a scintilla of compassion in his body for anyone other than himself. But I reserve the harshest judgement for those that have so little discernment ---so little ability to choose between right and wrong--so much indifference as to the nature of the truly incompetent , petulant, dirty son of a bitch called Donad J. Trump.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
  12. M_Ranko

M_Ranko Straight edge xXx

You know, just an outsider's observation, and correct me if I got this wrong, but maybe that's because the other side recently tried to make a cynical power crab and install a mad dictator, while supporting ass-backwards gun laws that have in recent years indirectly seen thousands of people getting killed for no reason, and with no desire to try to fix the issue, deny that the recent plague is lethal or even real, and in general foster policies that go against the interests of your average person (like supporting the outsourcing of jobs to cheap labor countries, and opposing socialized medicine), while blatantly gaming the system in favor of the super rich (i.e undue tax breaks). To speak nothing of the pretty obvious racist attitudes. All this, while they've successfully made their supporters believe that this is all in their best interests. Yeah, anyone with any sense left in their brain would usually think that the guys doing this are not terribly likable people.

Just a thought.

13. scratcho

No M Ranko-----you have it exactly right.

14. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

So, you're obviously referencing the Jim Crow laws, and this hearkens back to when I asked SS what she thought the reason was that minorities voted more for democrats. (Which she failed to address apparently either not having an answer, the answer was embarrassing, or not comprehending the question)

What are "ass-backwards gun laws"? Ones that violate the second amendment and unconstitutionally restrict a citizen's granted rights?
    Ones where if you get offended that someone holds a door open for you, or breaks up with you, or they're too coloured, you can simply call some hotline, act like a concerned citizen and tell them this person seems unstable and potentially dangerous, so the police will come, smash their door in, ransack the home, take all the guns they find, maybe accidentally shoot someone in the process, at least leave them with no guns to protect themselves so you can get even? That kind?

And no balancing the fact that we still have to eat, even in a pandemic??? So everybody is supposed to go run and hide and see if they can survive on what they have in their cupboards? Take it seriously, i.e., panic... Shut everything down when only something like 0.003% of normally healthy people under fifty are adversely affected? Act like Cuomo and Newsome instead of DeSantis? Hmmm

You mean 'go against the interests of your average person' by punishing American companies who manufacture in cheap labor countries while our own people pine for the old days of manufacturing jobs they were told by the previous administration would never return?? Bringing them back and reducing unemployment to record lows? The terrible policy of putting the people of our own country first?

And those terrible racist attitudes of not favoring any races over others?

Yeah, I can see where you're coming from.
    One side only.

15. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Hmmm...let me see...could it be because...THE GODDAMN REPUBLICANS DON'T REPRESENT THEM?!

16. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

Has this ever happened? When? Where?

Over 570,000 American lives lost to Covid so far, and climbing; more than the death toll in World War II. And great minds like yourself continue to oppose reasonable restrictions to contain the pandemic. Hard to believe.
    You mean all those U.S. manufacturing jobs promised by your Grifter in Chief? Trump’s spotty record on manufacturing jobs

You mean the police shooting proportionally as many unarmed white kids as black and brown kids? (whites comprise a roughly five times greater share of the U.S. population; African-Americans are 2.5 times as likely as white Americans to be shot and killed by police officers.) Do Police Kill More White People Than Black People?

Same to you, buddy!

Last edited: Apr 18, 2021
  17. scratcho

Classic straw man arguments. Recited to a T. Once a cult member ---------

18. M_Ranko

M_Ranko Straight edge xXx

Those were then, we're talking about now. Both sides have obviously changed, the other one not for the better. Yes, I've noticed that US minorities now vote Democrat more. So, obviously they feel that they're getting better treatment from them today. Can you tell me why that might be?

For one, you need to severely restrict what is available to the general public. Never in my life have I had the need to own an assault rifle, with a magazine that holds dozens of military caliber rounds and the ability to dump them all in a few seconds with the pull of a trigger. Where I live, that shit is restricted to military and police SWAT squads only. Your 2017 Las Vegas shooting was an excellent example of the reasons why. Secondly, I'm gonna make the argument that your background checks, and whatever it is that you do to determine a person's suitability for weapons ownership over there, are nowhere near harsh enough. Not when so many obviously mentally ill people were able to legally acquire such destructive arsenals.

I prefer and prioritize a citizen's right to not get shot over this.

Are you sure this actually happens? I mean, I've literally never heard a person's weapons getting confiscated over something like this, and I'm from Europe. Anyway, the examples that you listed sound petty enough that, assuming your rozzers are up to the job, you're not gonna get your shit taken away from you, because obviously you've done nothing wrong. Or maybe you did, the cops are wise to at least check this, it's their duty as peace keepers. Public safety, yo. But if the police suddenly start going from door to door to confiscate people's guns en masse, I'd say you're gonna have bigger problems soon. In which case, what are you gonna do then? Open fire on law enforcement to protect your rights? I think that's gonna go down really well for you.

During the past 13 months now, I've greatly preferred wearing a mask and rubber gloves over this, thank you very much. When I gear up, I'm safe and can move as freely as I want. In 2020 I didn't even catch the ordinary flu thanks to the armor that I was wearing. Not once have I felt that the mask is some sort of muzzle that is forcefully being fitted on me to somehow curtail my rights. Wearing it has simply been common sense to me, and I'm healthy and alive today thanks to it. So, be a big boy, mask up and go buy your groceries, so you don't starve. It's easy. (Remember to wash your hands with soap when you return home.)

Are you perhaps concerned of the current plight of the bar and restaurant owners. Yeah, I admit this sucks for them. I'm not happy that there's probably gonna be a wave of bankruptcies in the not too distant future. But what are the authorities supposed to do? Every time people gather round to have a good time, they get properly shitfaced, forget all inhibitions and start slobbering all over each other in their drunken stupor, a.k.a, how the pandemic got worse in the 1st place. It's just one of those times, where the common good must take priority over the individual's right to be stupid. We all have to just deal with it for a while longer.

You're wrong about the 0.003% by the way. Ever since the 20-something crowd started breaking the quarantine measures, cases of them being hospitalized with serious symptoms started to increase. And there's also still the fact that all those infected people are putting undue stress and pressure on the system. In Czech Republic, the hospital system is collapsing, because of the influx of freshly infected, all people who disregarded the safety measures and just didn't give a shit. Even if you survive, you could be left with life long issues, neurological symptoms like headaches, muscle pains and dizzynes that could be debilitating. All reported to be more common with the under 60-crowds.

Well, I have information that the Rust Belt coal miners for example didn't really get their jobs back, no matter how much they voted for Republican. Apple sure as hell didn't come back, despite Trump hinting that they should. And even if many companies assemble in the US, they still de facto use parts made somewhere else. Those foreign parts are jobs that the US workers aren't doing. Look, it's really simple, if you want 1950's levels of employment, you NEED the manufacturing jobs to be in your own country, at every step, and not somewhere else. No country can indefinitely support itself with the service sector alone. You need to manufacture shit, sell it to other countries, and then split the fruit with the grass roots level workers too, so that they would have money in their pockets to actually participate in society. Let's look at Apple phones. Can you imagine what boost to your economy it'd be, if they'd do the right thing and bring manufacturing back to US, and also pay their taxes there? Their revenue is hundreds of billions per year. You could run a small country comfortably with that, without having to borrow money from others. Tax them, and their ilk properly, and you could finally maybe start paying back your national debts, rather than racking up more. What you're doing now is sure to collapse you in the long run.

Trump boasted a lot, but the employment records didn't seem THAT great, and one also has to consider his silly tariffs that hurt your trade with the rest of the world. It's like, he didn't want the rest of us to buy your goods.

And that's all for tonight, because I'm actually kinda vexed right now. My car started acting up and I could be looking at a very expensive repair bill. Peace and love, brutha.

scratcho, wrat1, Balbus and 1 other person like this.
  19. GeorgiaRhythm

GeorgiaRhythm Members

I'm a registered Democrat. Yes a few of us here are not mindless Trumpkins! Believe it or not my Congressional Rep. is none other than Marjorie "Jewish Space Laser" Greene! God help us! We Georgia Democrats played by the rules and turned our state BLUE baby!!! This pissed Kemp and his bunch off so much that they have to get nasty here and pass all kinds of suppression laws to (probably not) win in 2022 and 2024. But guess what? They are still going to lose and pretty much they have drove the last nail in their Parties coffin!

20. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Trudge

We have been through this many times – a rational and reasonable person weights up the issues and evidence and comes down, to one degree or other, on one side or another

The question is then can that side be defended and stand up to scrutiny

I’m sorry to say in argument after argument ‘your side’ has failed to stand up to scrutiny and you constantly seem unwilling or unable to defend it form criticisms, hell you even often even refuse to answer basic questions.