Repressed Memories Surfacing

Discussion in 'LSD - Acid Trips' started by a2hhsl, Sep 4, 2012.

1. a2hhsl

a2hhsl Guest

Yesterday I had a horrific trip that lasted 24 hours, it was unplanned [I was accidentally dosed], and I was mentally unprepared, which to me makes the world of difference when tripping.

During my trip I recovered repressed memories of sexual assault as a child, and am completely traumatized now. I do not know how to deal with everyday life, and I have spent much of the morning crying.

The trip was beneficial, because now I know a lot more about myself and why I am who I am today, but I need advice with coping. How to move on? I considered dropping again this week, to try to understand more of what I'm going through, and hopefully reach a more enlightened state where I can put this in the past and move on, although I am scared it will bring back the bad trip and memories, or I will create more harm then good.

Any advice from people who have gone through a similar experience?

2. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

Hi, I have not gone through a similar experience (aside from the LSD part), but I would say to you that more LSD may help more, definitely. Just be sure to alternate with sobriety, and maybe even other appropriate molecules like MDMA (used with good success on rape victims). Just honor the process of healing and try to avoid using the drugs to escape reality too much, focus on bringing it all out in the light and getting better.

Also consider talking to someone professionally or even involving the law.

3. Black_Lotus

Black_Lotus Member

It is likely that if you're dwelling with the traumatic thoughts, that another trip will bring you further into that mind-frame for awhile. In fact it would be strange if it didn't, but by going through it, you may find happiness in the subtle distractions. And just learn that there is no use in regretting the past as there is absolutely nothing you can do about it.

The best thing I could think of, or at least what I would do in this situation. Is smoke some pot and play some video games. It's so mindlessly entertaining, it can help you back on your feet and just help you feel relaxed.

Going the route of another trip. You may have to wait longer than a week for any effects, or take a large dose, since you were accidentally dosed, you probably don't know how much you had, and how to go above that. But I would figure you'd move on after another experience. When I was depressed and tripping LSD, I actually got sucked into a different problem though. The parts that were scary were not the hallucinations, but coming back to reality. I felt that reality was my biggest problem, and my biggest fear for some reason, and I'd hate to have that happen to anyone else.

So I'd say try some weed. And if you still can't move past it, go ahead and try another trip and go explore what you feel you need to know more about yourself

4. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

i think LSD might help you deal with your past, but it is likely to be unpleasant and uncomfortable. seeing a therapist could help as well, and also potentially be unpleasant and uncomfortable.
    i don't think you need LSD to help you though. you know if you really want to dose.

weed is kinda irrelevant here IMO

5. Black_Lotus

Black_Lotus Member

Well IME Weed helped me move on. Won't really help you solve anything though

6. MeatyMushroom

MeatyMushroom Juggle Tings Proppuh

So you just swept stuff under the carpet?
    What Writer said, and pork.. just don't smoke through it.

7. Tishipoo

Tishipoo Newbie

I know that this is a really old post, but, like me, others may turn to this page for help so I thought I'd give my responce.

I am a Registered Nurse that loves psychadelics and believe that they can be extrenely helpful in dealing with past traumas. As a Harm Reduction Nurse, I also know that they can cause a lot of harm, even further trauma, if used incorrectly.

LSD is known for helping repressed memories to surface. Your brain repressed those memories for a reason. Unfortunately, your mind and body may still react to certain stimuli from those repressed memories whether you consciouly remember them or not, which can have a profound affect on your current life; an inability to trust, sudden unexplained rages or sadness, sexual abnormalities, anxiety, etc.. I know because I've lived with all of those.

LSD helped me to recover abuses that I didn'teven know existed. I knew my father had molested me, but I never knew for how long or to what extent. The LSD took me back to a moment of the abuse and I could smell my father's aftershave, I could feel his touch and I even felt the emotions from that moment.

I was devastated, angry and had no idea what to do with those memories. But, after talking very candidly to a therapist, he was able to teach me coping mechanisms and try a treatment called EMDR or Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing.

I'd been in therapy for more years than I can remember, with little progress. I was still so messed up that I'd wrecked all of my relationships; family, friends, husbands, work. My entire life was affected.

No one could really help me because I was dissociative and couldn't remember most of my childhood trauma. I knew it had happened, I remembered a bit, but it was like watching a movie trailer. I perceived small bits and pieces, but never knew the whole story, even though I thought I did. And I was always matter of fact about the abuse I remembered. "It happened, it's in the past, nothing to do for it now, let's just move on". Meanwhile I was plagued by my own messed up brain and didn't understand why or even recognize that I was so screwed up. I thought it was everyone else.

I continued to discover more and more, while sober. I'd have these flashbacks to different moments for months after the acid trip. Delving into that part of my brain seemed to have opened a door that couldn't be completely shut. I was a complete mess!

Talk to a counsellor before trying psychadellics again. If you're in the US, you're safe to seek help and speak candidly about the drugs. Many counsellors even think psychadelics should be lagalized to help with mental illnesses. They will help you to deal with all you discover and teach you coping mechanisms. And now that you know a bit about what makes you who you are, treatment will be much more beneficial.

8. Excellent post

Tishipoo likes this.
  9. Tishipoo

Tishipoo Newbie

Thanks so much.

Outdoor Sport likes this.
  10. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie