Renaissance Festival

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Tree-Hugger, May 21, 2004.

1. Tree-Hugger

Tree-Hugger The Chainsaw

I went to the Renaissance Festival this past weekend and I had a blast. Of course now I’m peeling from getting blistered. Oh well the price one has to pay for having fun in the sun. Anyways while I was there I decided to go see the belly dancers perform. I gotta say that was hot, and they gave me the number of their company so I can take lessons. I’m so excited that I finally found a place, but the sad thing is I don’t have the money or a way to drive all the way down there every week. I’ll find a way though, I always do.

For any of you that have gone to a Renaissance Festival, what was your favorite show? I love the Tortuga Twins. I think they will always be my favorite.

2. ForestNymphe

ForestNymphe Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

We travel all over California to attend Ren Faires and love it! I would have to say the jousting is my favorite show.

3. Duncan

Duncan Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

I've never been to the event. Not crazy about the period, the clothing or the whole idea of fantasy. However, I suppose being fed mutton and mead by some unwholesome wench has its place.

4. HoneySuckleBlue

HoneySuckleBlue Cosmic Artist

We go to one up by Hershey and my favorite are the plays.

5. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

I wanted to go last weekend, but everyone bailed one me, so I'm going this weekend. Alone. Because they all made plans again with someone else this weekend after they'd already told me they'd go with me, just like last weekend! Maybe I'll meet even cooler people there. :)

6. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

I havent been to one in a few years....I dunno if they even have em in Virginia....probably, but it seems to be a much more 'colonial" era kinda place.

7. mariecstasy

mariecstasy Enchanted

we have one in annapolis. love them so much i bought a ren dress!!!!!!!!!
    yay! for marie.
    my favourite last time i went was sitting in the tavern and listening to the performers. some of them were so much fun

8. alex714

alex714 To the Left

hey i belly dance ang! its too much fun, you should definitly check it out.

9. mariecstasy

mariecstasy Enchanted

d'oh i forgot about that part. i think belly dancing is so beautiful. i hope to be able to take it some day. i got the little pot belly that you should have for it. though i dont find it sexy, i think its gross but my understanding is you should have one(well used to )

i think the skinnier girls look better though

10. alex714

alex714 To the Left

marie, ive definitly got the belly too, along with some other girls in my class and let me tell you, we look 100% better than the stick chicks when we dance! it looks so beauitful when you've got the curves to do the moves.