removing websearch toolbar.

Discussion in 'Computers and The Internet' started by groovy41, Jun 2, 2004.

1. groovy41

groovy41 Member

Hello everyone. I am sure you use a computer with internet explorer the latest one is 6.0 sp2. Anyway for the past few months I got this pop up thing that says to install this toolbar called the websearch toolbar it is from websearch.com. I had to email them about the problem that I was having they emailed me a link where I could download the zip virssion and it worked, but it was still slow meaning my computer, but I had to go in to the search mode in the windows XP system and I typed in tblanding, and for sure I removed the actual files that were related to that and that does not come up anymore. If anything if you are in the search mode and just type in tb, it is going to take some time to find it, be sure to delete those including the one that says the file is in the my computer folder, and all of those files are out of my computer and it works great! So if anyone out there has that problem they have encountered, just thought I would help you out. I hope you have a good day. Remember the actual file is tb landing, they did not mention that on websearch.com. Or another way is to go on a search engine and type in the box remove websearch toolbar and you can find something there. Hope I could help! Peace and love.

2. BuffaloSoldier

BuffaloSoldier Member

thanks, i usually use mozilla, but when i do use ie i have the same problem

3. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

go to www.answersthatwork.com and research every running process on your task manager. Tasklist is the link on that page you want.

4. spacecadet

spacecadet Guest