Relocating From Southern California

Discussion in 'California' started by mysticrabbit, Jun 6, 2015.

1. mysticrabbit

mysticrabbit Members

Hello my name is Coral :)

I recently turned 18 and have been wanting to move out of Southern California for some time now. I have grown up all over Southern California and am pretty over it now, especially considering I currently reside in Orange County. I would be trying to relocate with my boyfriend and mother who is disabled with fibromyalgia and a series of other unfortunate health issues. We would need to be still be close to Doctors and shops because she can't go far on her own.
    However we are desperate to move somewhere less crowded and more laid back. We're all 420 friendly of course and pretty open minded.
    We recently took a trip to areas like monterey, salinas, and santa cruz last summer. I fell in love with the areas, but they are kinda pricey.
    My mother can't work because she is disabled, but would collect disability. My boyfriend and I would both have to find new jobs where ever we go.
    We really love the beach and nature. My boyfriend and I enjoy trips and going to a lot of shows, my only concern with moving is missing out on my favorite local bands playing. It is important for us to still be close to the music. We run an online Vintage Shop on etsy as well, so places near by to stalk up on inventory wouldn't hurt.

Any recomendations on where would be a nice place to relocate that doesn't cost an arm and a leg and your soul.

Also any tips or advice about moving out of Southern California is appreciated :)

Thanks

2. Logan 5

Logan 5 Confessed gynephile Lifetime Supporter

Just do it. And plan on your car not being accepted by the smog control people, you'll likely have to replace it with a California emission rated car.

3. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

She is IN California. Likely the car is smogged.

The good news on that is CA emissions are the most stringent in the country, and that car will likely pass anywhere else.

Everywhere has local bands!

I'd get mom on disability now.
    What do you think of SD?is it still too southern Cali?

Your options are north, east, and southeast.
    The Atlantic coast, Gulf coast.
    Maybe Baja Mexico, if mom is cool with it.