religious visions on lsd

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by The_Moroccan_Raccoon, Apr 25, 2007.

1. The_Moroccan_Raccoon

The_Moroccan_Raccoon Senior Member

I had a beautiful religious vision on LSD...anyone else felt something like this, or have a spiritual experience from psychedelics that you'd like to share?
    Here's mine:

About 3 weeks ago, I went to my best friend Sean's farm with 5 hits of acid that I bought from a girl at school...I'd never been able to find it before...so this was my first acid trip...I'd done shrooms a whole lot of times, but I'd always been dying to try LSD...
    (I'm Jewish, by the way...)

Anyway, I took two hits, he took one, and we waited for it to start working...
    soon, patterns started appearing on everything, and things got colourful and started to breathe...everything was flowing..
    I stood up, and walked into his kitchen...
    I had a totally inexpressable feeling...I was a part of the universe...but it was so beyond this...I was spoken to by G-d. Not in a language...but in some sort of divine energy. I became a part of Him, and so was everything.
    I came to notice how beautifully everything was constructed...how all the atoms formed elements, and the laws of science and chemistry worked to have everything fit together and interact in the way it does. It was such a miracle! Just like how LSD is created out of the building blocks of everything, and was intentionally designed to do this. Everything was intentionally designed for what it is...everything is connected and nothing is random...

We started painting on these big canvasses...I attempted to use the brushes...but I just could not express what I was trying to. I covered the canvas in purple paint, and G-d was painting through me. With my fingers, i painted the burning bush. I painted with such energy, and flow...almost violently..I had to do it, it was what was supposed to happen...When I was 'done' I looked at it, and it was perfect. So perfectly expressed, and divinely created.

Sean and I went outside. There was snow everywhere, and the sky was dark. The stars were burning brightly in the starry dynamo in the machinery of night...in a big flowing eternal universe. It was so infinite, and I was a small person, and a part of the huge existence. Even something small like me was significant to G-d.

And I walked out into the middle of the field. I was Moses on Mt. Sinai..G-d was speaking to me, the further I ventured into the field, the closer I got. I was united with all my ancestors with the same G-d and same traditions. And those who died in the Holocaust because they were people like me. I stood on the trampoline and jumped. With every jump, I became closer and closer to G-d.

It was a paradox, of sorts. G-d was everything, and I was a part of Him, but the higher I jumped, the closer I got to Him.

Sean tried to follow me. He really wanted to share what I felt. But I couldn't let him come. I had to do it alone. He's an atheist, and couldnt understand what I was doing. G-d called me closer, and I stood up looking towards the heavens...I moved my hands as I did when I was painting, and everywhere I moved my hands, it painted just like on the canvas. I painted the bush in the sky...

I was just so ecstatic and euphoric. I was a prophet, like Abraham, Joseph, Moses, and so many more before me. I was sure that my ancestors felt this too, and I was united with them. (I'm a Kohanim, a male descendent of Aaron...a small percentage of Jews are...)
    I began to pray in Hebrew...Shema Yisrael Adonai Elohenu..Adonai Echad...
    and make the Kohan hand sign (star trek ripped off the vulcan sign from Judaism)

I jumped on the trampoline like this for hours, until the sun came up. I saw the sunrise, which was so beautiful. Everything flowed and breathed. I was so refreshed. The dawn brought a new day...a rebirth even...and I was closer to G-d and ready to take my spiritual path further.

As a result, I became more religious. I'm studying the Tanakh (the hebrew bible) and Kaballah. Religion has become much more important to me, and this experience has changed my life forever.

Anyone else have an experience that changed you like this?

2. Moving_cloud

Moving_cloud Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

The hard part is to express the experience and make understandable for others what seems so simple ... and keep on living it when you are back in 7/24 ... and keep on tapping into the connections, and the energy of all that is, and use all experience for growth.

I was tripping 3 or 4 times back in the seventies. It was a deep mystical experience. Yet how to tell ? seems like one needs to have been on the same place in order to fully understand. You walk it alone ... and still you are not.

And each and every thing can become a portal to experience the mystery of being ... only we are often so distracted by the separations we create.

3. The_Walrus

The_Walrus Sgt. Pepper

I don't have anything to add other than... That's really, really interesting. What a cool experience.

4. dollydagger

dollydagger Needle to the Groove

i cant really get into my experiences, but i would just like to state that every time i take a psychedelic, it IS a religious experience.

5. badmoonrising11

badmoonrising11 Member

wow. this sounds very spiritual and inspiring. it makes me want to try it more.

6. young_deadhead

young_deadhead I Love Lucy

I never had any deep insights on LSD, the one insight i had was how awesome purses are but ive had some interesting insights on shrooms too.

7. The_Moroccan_Raccoon

how is it possible to take LSD and not have any insights? is it just like the way i dont get any insights anymore, and havent for years, from smoking pot?

8. young_deadhead

young_deadhead I Love Lucy

maybe its how you use it. When i take LSD i take it to have a good time i dont plan to do all that hippy shit and try to learn about myself. Or maybe i have had some insights i just dont remember.

9. Quoth the Raven

Quoth the Raven RaveIan

Ah, pot wisdom. My latest was something like:
    Me: "Dude, we all live.. under the sky, man. That's profound"
    Friend: "What? Pass the fucking blunt, man"

10. The_Moroccan_Raccoon

Yeah..thats the thing with pot...it makes everything seem so profound, but its just not...well, for some people it is...but I guess the only thing it did for me was let me experience the different consciousnesses that the mind is capable of...it was really meditative, made music a hell of a lot more fun than it already is and gave me a greater appreciation of popcorn

11. dollydagger

dollydagger Needle to the Groove

i think you guys are not doing it right............

12. A.B.E.

A.B.E. Member

Hey Raccoon from Moracco, I just thought your description of your experience was so vivid,and took me back to my spiritual and religious trips on LSD. I always had similar experiences when I ingested acid. Ancient and everywhere, ecstatic and awed, open and infinite.

I think you said it all very eloquently, and I can tell you had a very profound experience, but it is true, often this can not be put in words by the partaker.

One of my most memorable and spiritual trips was out in the deep woods. I had set it all up to be the "perfect" trip. I had pre-empted my responsibilities, and took a blanket and went out to the forest to be alone. This was fine for a while, but turned into a very strange situation when the many bugs in the woods all seemed to congregate on my blanket, and took to crawling all over me, many varieties, some hairy with suckers, all intent on having a picnic, and I was the meal to be had.

I watched them for a while, marveling at their little colorful bodies, agility, and determination, then I got a bit freaked when they wouldn't leave, and I laid back and felt like I had died and they were eating me. I thought if I continued to lie there, they would have cleaned me down to the bone.

This wasn't a bad trip, I got tired of brushing them away and went home, but I think I had a realization that day of the impermanence of life, and the inevitablility of death, and this has stayed with me all years since, and I try to appreciate that life is short as we know it, it is ashes to ashes, dust to dust, and maybe even get eaten by insects. It is all good. (God)

13. popcorny

popcorny Member

Although this is not my trip I thought I would share it. Anyways, one night quite a while ago, a couple of my friends and I were up in our fort in rolling hills. We all took LSD and felt it about an hour later. My experience was nothing noteworthy, but my friends on the other hand was actually a bit scary.

I decided to not take very much at all because a couple of them were trying it for there first time. Most of them had a trippy experience and all, but one had a very religious experience that actually did not turn out so well. It might sound bad and wrong to say, but he yelled constantly that "Jesus was coming to kill him". He hid in the corner of the room (it was more of a room then a fort, due to extensive building) and cried. I felt very bad for him because he said all these things like "He's outside waiting for me to leave" and "Why did I do that, I deserve to be punished". It was a really weird trip to watch and I tried to calm him down but to no avail, in his mind Jesus was out to get him.

Afterward the trip was over he said that he needed to become more religious or else he would be killed. I guess it's good that he is more religious but I think it's for the wrong reason. Well, I thought that maybe you guys would find a scary religious trip interesting.