Relatively safe and legal psychadelic drugs for meditation and nature-connecting?

Discussion in 'Cacti Delecti' started by Omera51, Oct 10, 2009.

1. Omera51

Omera51 Member

I'm looking for a psychedelic drug to use for meditation, and connecting with nature. I also don't want to take a likely risk (aside from individual biochemistry related things like allergic reactions) of damaging my body or mind in any way. I live in Florida, and Salvia Divinorum is illegal here.
    Would anybody advise anything?
    I was considering the use of Hawaiian Baby Woodrose seeds.

2. 36fuckin5

36fuckin5 Alchemycologist

You're in FL. Pick some Cubes.

3. Omera51

Omera51 Member

Can you explain?

4. 36fuckin5

Cubensis mushrooms.

5. ghost of rat

ghost of rat Senior Member

Psilocybe mushrooms are definatly the way to go, for the uses that you described.
    Though they are illegal, they shouldnt be too difficult to obtain.

6. sunfighter

sunfighter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Yes, the government does not want you to realize anything profound, so they've made all the good stuff illegal. I also recommend magic mushrooms.

In Jamaica, they are legal, in case you care.

7. Omera51

Omera51 Member

I got an experienced 'tripper telling me not to mess with shrooms, so I'll go with their advice. I was thinking of using San Pedro cactus, but I'm not sure which way I should prepare it (cooking, boiling, etc) so I can use it for meditation and such.

Also, herbs that are good for meditation as teas, burnable herbs, etc that don't give a trip would be nice for meditation as well. I'd like suggestions for those :O

8. ghost of rat

ghost of rat Senior Member

How can an experienced tripper advise someone not to take shrooms??? This is absurd. -Psilocybin mushrooms are exactly what one needs for forming a close spiritual bond with nature... albeit they can be a bit unpredictable at times, but I would still strongly recomend mushrooms.
    San pedro cacti are very good also. Id say use the tea method, drying out cacti is immensly difficult, especially in a humid climate such as Florida.

As for other herbs, perhaps some Mugwort. Mugwort is is real nice to smoke and has a pleasnt aroma and wont make you trip.

9. 36fuckin5

No it's not. Slice it up and stick it in the oven for a while. Mescaline's BP is high as hell.

10. Omera51

Omera51 Member

I could always go against their advice and order the cubensis 'shrooms anyway.
    How do I take them? How much do I take?
    As far as something like san pedro cactus goes, are these things safe to order? Would I likely get caught eating them if I ordered them online?

11. PB_Smith

PB_Smith Huh? What? Who, me?

You can get San Pedro a lot of places, it's completely legal as an ornamental plant. I live in the southwest and you can get it at home improvement stores and nurseries with no problem at all. Just don't say your going to consume them.
    You should check the CACTI DELECTI forum here for preperation info and such. I think the cacti would be a good way to go, just be sure to set aside at least a full day for the journey as a mescaline experience can easily last 12 hours or more.

12. Royaltramp

Royaltramp Member

Safe or legal, pick one.

Nah on a serious note, the safest legal drug that'd be useful for this purpose would be Salvia, however it's effects are rather short and may not be what you're looking for.

Although it's illegal, I would highly recommend Cannabis if you haven't smoked it before. Very good for meditation, and definitely helps you connect with nature. :)

-Matt

13. kobilica

kobilica Member

Salvia is not really mentally safe...

14. shermin

shermin Bazooka Tooth

yes...for a spiritual meditation i would recomend a low dose of mushrooms [or any similar tryptamine...i.e 4-aco-dmt, 4-ho-met...ect...]

but mushrooms are a good starting point...start off with like 1.5-2 grams of good mushrooms...it might send you to mars, or it might barely do anything...so you can wait a week and try what you think may be a more appropriate dose.

my first dose of mushrooms was ~4 grams and was WAY too much for my first time...but for a calm, meditative state, go for a low end dose. :)

15. shermin

shermin Bazooka Tooth

and p.s...

mushrooms are very safe as long as you know they're the proper strain...i know people who have eaten well over a half ounce and come out with no physical harm....but i don't know many people who could handle something like that.

16. sam.yeah!

sam.yeah! Member

are san pedro cacti easy to find in the great white north?

17. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

in the wild, no. in stores (in barrie), probably not. on the net, everywhere.

18. shermin

shermin Bazooka Tooth

^yea...i believe the time the cacti is harvested has a lot to do with the alkaloid content as well...

i think you want mid-late summer when it's REALLY hot, though i could be mistaken.

19. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

the more stressed the plant is the more alkaloids it produces, so yeah hotter drier weather = more mescaline

20. baloon

baloon Member

weed fer sure, safe and makes ur body feel good too lil intense at times
    mushrooms are too much of a body buzz, can get pretty uncomfortable