Relationship Question

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by rhasta.penguin, Jan 27, 2005.

1. rhasta.penguin

rhasta.penguin No more hippy...ugh

I've always kind of wondered to myself...how come there are alot of people that say that "relationships are worthless" and what not, but are still in one? I dont see why, if people dont want to ingauge in a relationship with someone else, then why dont they break it off?

I have never been in a relationship, and i really want to start one...i mean it seems like a very good thing, being able to be with someone you can talk comfertably to, to hold, to spend time with, and all that.

Maybe i shouldnt ask until i finally get into one (doubt i will anytime soon...the girls around here are definitly not my type.), but im just curious.

2. kindwoman

kindwoman Sista Golden Hair

From my personal experience, it's easy to get into a "comfort zone" with someone, where you're not exactly happy in the relationship, but you're afraid of change. Maybe that's where a lot of people are in their relationships. Or, it could be that some people would rather be in an unhappy relationship than none at all. That's just my opinion.

3. weedhopper

weedhopper Member

i need sum advice.
    how do u get a old flame back again?
    i love my ex more than anything,
    but cant get her to beleive id do anything
    to have her.i messed up but i love her
    enough to fix everything.

4. Carlfloydfan

Carlfloydfan Travel lover

yeah, i was like that until recently weedhopper. I guess I still sorta am but I have another great girl. Still, I'm interested to see what others think.

5. headymoechick

headymoechick I have no idea

it depends on that you did weedhopper- sometimes people won't forgive certain acts. if you really fucked up- you may have to accept it. be her friend and show her that you'll do anything first.

as for the original poster- sometimes relationships get rocky and they need lotsa work to make them better. it happens to the best of relationships.

also some people would rather be unhappy than alone.

some people have so many memories with a person losing them would be like losing half their lives. It would be hard to think about those memories without thinking of the other person.

When you get into a really serious relationship you'll understand!