Reheating, Recooking Edibles

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by Plant_Head, May 9, 2010.

1. Plant_Head

Plant_Head Banned

Ok, so I've been sick and I've recently moved over to edibles. I've been making Firecrackers. Natural peanut butter, a bowl's worth per cracker. Microwave 15 seconds.... Wrap air tight in tin foil, Bake 22 minutes at 320.....Microwave 15 seconds. They work quite well, give me a good body stone. I've been using really nice squishy headie.

I notice towards the edges the little pieces of bud in the peanut butter, they still look green, just a little darker. So my question is... even though I was told not to bake longer than 22 minutes is there still THC left to be cooked into the peanut butter? Would it be a good idea to put it back in the oven at 320 degrees....and for how long?

What's the deal? I want the best firecrackers possible.

2. Startreken

Startreken Marijuana Chef!

Well, first of all you don't need to microwave if you are going to bake them. If anything you can kill it by cooking it twice. The green of the bud does not matter as you are cooking with a protein so it will help it to keep it's color. The great part about cooking bud is once it's cooked it does not need to be reheated as the trichomes are already active. That is what is getting you the most buzzed and what you are really heating up when you cook it.

3. Plant_Head

Plant_Head Banned

Thanks. I've been microwaving them first because in the instructions I read it says it's a good way to preheat the bud. Them seem to be working well.

4. MelvnDoo

MelvnDoo Member

i've always just baked them in the oven. probably did it at 325 degrees F for anywhere from 25-45 minutes. i kept checking them and they never really burnt, even when baked for 45 minutes at 325.

if you really wanna be sure you're getting all that THC, drink a high-fat milk (2% is OK) or a beer while eating it. THC is fat and alcohol soluable, meaning that it will bind with either substance so your body can process it (so you get high). heat helps to activate/release the THC so it can bind with the fat or alcohol. doing this will be a sure-fire way to get all that THC.

my method: cracker, then a layer of peanut butter (natural, of course. you can even try to add some of the extra oil from the jar), finely broken up herb, a thin layer of chocolate shavings/honey/whatever... sometimes keif... then i take another cracker with a layer of peanut butter spread on the bottom and place that on top of the other cracker, making a sandwhich. then i take more peanut butter and fill in the sides so none of the weed can get out. there's nowhere else for that THC to go other than right into the oil of the peanut butter. wrap in foil and stick it in the oven. i think i've usually done two at a time.

5. Startreken

You only need to preheat the bud if you are using a quick cooking method or if you are jsut trying to activate the product. Because it bakes so long it's not needed. However, it if works for you don't let a chef tell you what to do. Enjoy.

6. Plant_Head

Plant_Head Banned

Soory, there's no tude. Woo Woo lets chill. I dont like fighitng. I agree I agree...how the hell could I tell the difference.

Dude, thank god I got ovr my sickness because those firecrackers are kinda dull compared to smoking...way dull .. after smoking after 4 days of not. But maybe I was just not eating enough...? a bowls worth not immediately absorbed... I tried two... but one was an hour and a half later and i was rolling so I couldn't completely tell if i was extra high so I guess it was still dull. who knows blahblah

7. Startreken

Tude' LOL. Ok, yeah I see your point. It's a chef thing.

Eating your weed does take longer to affect you. As long as an hour and a half, as you found out. However, the high lasts longer as well. Smoking a little on top of that will just make it feel like you are on the top of a roller coaster going down. Also, eating your weed does not give you a head high as much as a good body stone. If you want the head high, I would suggest smoking it.

Now, your question about enough. I have found that if you want it to hit faster then drink some warm milk with your brownies or firecracker. You need to really chew it up as well. One thing to remember about eating weed is that it can really blow your tolerance real quick. I don't recomend eating your weed oftern. However, for those who do to self medicate it's important to keep your dosage around the same each time at regular times, just like you were taking a perscription.

8. Plant_Head

Plant_Head Banned

THaNK YoU!

9. Plant_Head

Plant_Head Banned

O yea, K definitely was the head high lacking, Imma try smoking at the same time.