Redheads and the Zodiac

Discussion in 'Astrology' started by boynamedsue, Jan 22, 2005.

1. boynamedsue

boynamedsue Member

i've heard a couple times that redheads screw up the zodiac//not why or how though. ...sounds silly.
    myth?

2. Amanda's Shadow

Amanda's Shadow Flower Child

never heard that. are you a redhead? i have auburn hair.

3. Faerie

Faerie Peachy

Im a red head.. id be interested in hearing this... I've never heard anything of the sort.

4. environmental_junkie

environmental_junkie Member

I'm a redhead and I have no idea what you mean!

5. lawngirl

lawngirl Member

what do you mean about redheads screwing up the zodiac? like appearances? both red and blonde hair are recessive traits, so if it's about astrology and physical appearances, i would think brunettes would "screw things up" more.

i think it's silly when people say things like, "oh, leo's are generally redheads," or, "redheads are generally aries," or whathaveyou. i know you didnt say this, but i've heard it said before. i mean, yeah, i know a redheaded leo.. and i know his redhead gemini sister, his redhead taurus brother, his redhead cancer dad and his redhead pisces mom. i also know his redhead cousins, virgo and libra. you get the picture. red hair is more about genetics than your sign... at least, based on the (natural) redheads i know, anyway. perhaps certin signs may desire red hair more, or dye their hair red more frequently. unless, of course, you're ruling out the possibility of free will and are claiming that there's predestination, ie: so-and-so has red hair because her parents were without a doubt destined to meet and have a child. but that would also work for blondes and brunettes, so i dont see how red hair would impact it at all.

6. Zanman

Zanman Member

Well I'm not quite sure what you mean by "screw up the Zodiac".

Anyway, an excess of iron in the hair is due to a prominent Mars in the birth chart, often in strong aspect to the Sun. Mars rising is said to nearly always produce red hair, but Mars on any Angle (1st,4th,7th or 10th House) is likely to produce the same.

A few examples -

Molly Ringwold - Mars in 10th
    Winston Churchill - Mars in 1st
    Lucille Ball - Mars in 4th
    Vincent Van Gogh - Mars in 10th
    Napoleon - Mars in 10th
    Sarah Fergusan - Sun conjunction Mars
    David Bowie - Sun conjunction Mars
    Geri Halliwell - Mars in 10th
    Thomas Jefferson - Sun in 7th
    Bette Midler - Mars in 4th

These are just a few examples I picked at random. It does not follow that if you have this position you necessarily have red hair, and there are racial and probably even national factors - the Irish seem to have a lot of red-headed people. By the way if anyone has Conan O-Brien's birth time I would love to have it.

7. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

maybe a lot of redheads don't follow their sign's supposed traits? i'm a cancer, but i'm flamboyant, insensitive, confrontational, bossy, self-centered, moody and rude. i don't like to cook, hate keeping house, though i AM extremely protective and loyal to people i give a shit about. problem is, there's not very many of those. i laugh constantly and have an extremely thick skin (probably since i really don't give a shit about other people.)

8. environmental_junkie

environmental_junkie Member

Whoa... I'm a natural redhead, and a gemini but I don't follow the gemini things. I was born a couple weeks earily and if I wasn't I would have been a cancer and cancers traits suites me a lot better than geminis.... so maybe your right, but I don't think there is an actual cause.

9. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

I'm a redhead - and I was born on the aires/taurus cusp.

that seems to screw things up where general traits go.

10. boynamedsue

boynamedsue Member

hahaha. i was wondering if there was any truth to that. i met this girl who was sure of it, but she didn't have red hair anyways.

11. JoanAdrianne

JoanAdrianne Member

You have to consider all placements and aspects of your personal chart, your rising, your moon and all planets. Cancers can tend to be self centered and moody anyway. From some of your other descriptions I have to wonder what or if you have any dominant placements in the sign of Leo or possibly born on the cusp of Leo?

12. Amanda's Shadow

Amanda's Shadow Flower Child

Is Astrology dependent on your BIRTH or date you were SUPPOSED to be born? I was 2 weeks early, but I would have been a Gemini either way, and I show all the traits (according to books and my friends) but I was wondering on behalf of a post above this. Thanks

13. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

i'm on the cusp of leo, i believe, with a moon in capricorn, i think. other cancers i've met, except for the men, tended NOT to be self-centered. very giving, selfless even. so i wasn't sure what that was about, since i'm pretty much...not. :p

14. Zanman

Zanman Member

The moment the umbilical cord is cut from your mother is the moment of your birth, regardless of when you "should" have been born.