red flags

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by Boogabaah, May 28, 2006.

1. Boogabaah

Boogabaah I am not here

one of my ex's has been trying to sweet talk me into being with him again. i've been trying to tell him i need a friend more than i need a lover. he butters me up saying he agrees and then ask me to come over ONLY when we can be alone. :confused:

okay i'm getting a big red flag. usually my dumbass would ignore this because i HATE being single. i can tell you exactly what will happen if i ignore it.

i'll go over there. we'll have great sex. he'll be as sweet as pie. i'll leave feeling "high" on him. then he won't be online. won't call me. months later he'll have some lame.. " the family needed me" excuse and it'll start all over again.

so please tell me that i'm doing the right thing. it's gonna be hard because i already said i would, but then after thinking about it.. i KNOW i shouldn't.

2. RetroGroove_Grrl

RetroGroove_Grrl I'm a big girl now

you have to play it right by your feelings babe. unless you can kep it purely sex, dont let this dude waste your time

3. Boogabaah

Boogabaah I am not here

yeah and i do not want a "friend with benefits" i want an actual relationship:&

you boys are so confusing.. i'm sure us girls aren't any easier to figure out

4. RetroGroove_Grrl

RetroGroove_Grrl I'm a big girl now

Well, hes an ex for a reason, and it sounds like you already know the reson... just keep him a friend without the benefits

5. Suncatch22

Suncatch22 Member

Awww ... I know the feeling.

I think you're doing the right thing ... as difficult as it is.

Best of luck ... I'm on your side! :)

6. Boogabaah

Boogabaah I am not here

thanks both of you..

i am weak. i try not to be, but then i do dumb stuff anyways.

he got online but didn't message me.. probably because i have my status as "sorry but i think i'll pass" .. i'm sure he knows it's for him

7. Boogabaah

Boogabaah I am not here

nope.. i spoke too soon.. he's messaging me asking what that means.. i'm just gonna tell him

8. steffan

steffan puffin

you deserve more respect than that booga, expeciely if you demand more respect than that.
    dont let yourself be used

9. Boogabaah

Boogabaah I am not here

i talked to him.. told him what i thought.. and

he wasn't even hurt.. you'd think if he really wanted to be with me.. he would have been hurt at least a little :confused:

i'm sure i'm right now

10. ihmurria

ihmurria fini

EXACTLY!!!

You're doin the right thing babe

11. YankNBurn

YankNBurn Owner

yup keep that wall up to keep you two apart, seems he is a user is all. I know you likely want to be loved and all but you know what he wanted so look for the real deal out there, its there someplace for ya.

12. Gypsy_girl

Gypsy_girl Member

YaYeah this guy is a user and like someone else said he's an ex for a reason. From the way he's been treating you I wouldn't even keep him as a friend but hey that's up to you, but definitely not more, it'll only end in heart ache for you.

13. starkmojo

starkmojo Member

no you're not..

As to the situation i say go with your gut feeling; it feels wrong its because it is wrong most likely.

14. lynsey

lynsey Banned

stay away all exes want is sex usually. stay strong

15. Boogabaah

Boogabaah I am not here

hhmm.. and then i get two offline messages from him asking me how i am, hoping i'm well..

he's a nice man.. BUT i wonder if its all part of his game. since he wants to play.. i'ma play right back. i had told him i needed a friend not a lover.. so he can just chat with me online.. and i'm not going to tell him anything he doesn't need to know. but as far as hanging out with him.. alone.. it's NOT going to happen. .. because i know what'll happen.

16. spooner

spooner is done.

To be fair, whats happening here is pretty simple. Its just not what you want to hear.

17. Boogabaah

Boogabaah I am not here

not really.. he says one thing.. but means another.. i'm not a mind reader.. so i'm just gonna go with my gut feelings and not hang out with him

18. starkmojo

starkmojo Member

yeah have to go with that first feeling... alays best...