Recurring Dreams

Discussion in 'Dreams' started by Angelmama, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Angelmama

Angelmama Angel Lifetime Supporter

I have 2.
    In one I am drowning and I break the surface and get a breath just as I awaken.
    In the other a friend I had gets shot; I try to get between my friend and the shooter but can never make it and my friend is killed.
    Who else has recurring dreams?

2. Dax

Dax Members

One is not being able to find where I parked my automobile. Another is driving in a city and unable to find a way out of it.

3. Dream a lot about jobs I've had in my life...and

A lot about walking, running and dancing which I can't do much of these anymore due to messed up hip replacement...but I do them in my dreams....a strong desire to be able to again...BUT body can't...

4. Angelmama

Angelmama Angel Lifetime Supporter

I can always walk in my dreams, though I've been in a wheelchair for years.

5. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

I get to a casualty. They're in a bad way, but I'm very good at my job; I got this. However, I'm slow, dithering, fumbling, fucking up; getting further and further behind while my patient goes deeper into shock. Try as I might, I just can't get my shit together. They slowly die, and it's undeniably my fault.
    Used to be awoken by that dream every night for years (sometimes screaming); flailing about in my sleep; sometimes hitting my lover (which mortifies me to no end). Now it's only occasional (or occasionally I remember what I was dreaming). It's the only dream I've ever had that was in living Technicolor; I can even smell it.

6. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i don't have repetitious situations, but i have "recurring" geographies. local and regional transit routes that i know where they go when i'm in them.
    even schools and universities, even people who work and live in them, all though its unusual for me to interact with them.
    there's really nothing that doesn't ever happen, but as in life, some things much more often then others. just fascinating wonderful places to explore.
    i often wish i could remember to write about them, but there's almost never the kind of drama for anyone else to be interested in reading them.
    which by the way, suits me just fine.

mysticblu21 likes this.
  7. Sillysweet

Sillysweet Banned

Falling from unimaginable height. Everytime I hit the bottom I wake up but it feels real like it just happened!

8. mommas man

mommas man Members

I basically a recurring dream that's changed slightly at times but is basically the same just at tines when I wake up I feel like it just happened. I'm not going into details because its a sexual situation and I don't think this is an area for that. But that its been happening for over a decade makes me wonder.