Recreational Marijuana

Discussion in 'Cannabis News' started by storch, Jan 4, 2019.

1. storch

storch banned

So my state has legalized marijuana. I've heard that there are still some restrictions. For example, you cannot smoke on your front porch because it's considered a public place since anyone can walk up your driveway and approach you there. Why is it okay to have a beer on your porch, but not a joint?

2. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

I wish my state would follow that trend!

3. deleted

deleted Visitor

That's funny..

4. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Once your driveway starts it's your land. The sidewalk is public. This law sounds odd. You can smoke all you want on private property in other legal states.

But there are odd extra laws with weed in Colorado. Like you technically need to travel with in it your trunk after going to a shop to avoid a DUI. Do you have to do that with beer? It's not really an enforced law though as mush as needing to have it in a child proof case. Any edibles or weed are put in bags that are hard for sick people to open too. It's a pain in the ass.

Isabella Green likes this.
  5. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I have a friend who was ticketed for drinking a beer on his front porch. He lives in city limits and his house sits only a few feet back from the road

Total bullshit but I think the law applies to alcohol and cannabis.
    Well, not here, because weed isnt remotely legal here. But in general

6. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

my best guess would be that it involves the idea of second hand smoke. either that or it was a concession to some of the more conservative people when trying to get it passed.

i'm not sure how legal marijuana is packaged. with alcohol, if it's not currently factory sealed, then yes, you have to have it in your trunk. otherwise it's an open container violation, even if it's not actually open at the time.

storch likes this.
  7. Opera ghost

Opera ghost Members

Not In Washington. It’s not strictly enforced from what I’ve seen, but if someone calls and complains, you can get in trouble for smoking or vaping cannabis in your own yard.

8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I probably wouldn't smoke in a social environment because I know not everybody enjoys the scent of it. I'm more of a smoke in the car then go out kind of person.

rollingalong likes this.
  9. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

I wish my country would follow that trend

10. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Yeah I think that is the issue. In a plastic bag it's not "sealed" as much as much as alcohol so there is no way to show you are not using when driving. The weed DUI is a big issue here. The blood test says you are high but every stoner knows that is not always true. Sometimes you did not smoke since yesterday. So they are trying everything.

11. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Nope. Not really enforced at all here, especially in Seattle. I mean, don't flaunt it, be discreet.... but from what I heard, you get a warning the first time. After that you get a fine of like $25. And that's only if you didn't move from the first place where they warned you! ;)
    Not a big deal at all here. Just be discreet.

12. rasta g child

rasta g child flower power