Recommend me a good pasta recipe

Discussion in 'Pasta' started by Fueled by Coffee, Feb 25, 2011.

1. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

I'm a pasta freak!!!
    I love it.

I'm more into cheesy white pasta. I like meat and vegetarian. I love gorgonzola or blu cheese pastas the most.

What can you recommend me?

2. OhSoDreadful

OhSoDreadful Childish Idealist

I am very interested in the outcome of this thread :) I like vodka sauce that's nice and creamy. I also just started blending up tomatoes for sauces instead of using sauce in a can and it's amazing

And alfredo pasta with excessive amounts of olive oil on the noodles before you put the sauce on

3. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Spaghetti, marinara, tomato paste, meatballs, sausage, oregano, mushrooms, parmesean cheese. French bread and/or salad on the side :drool5:

More economical: noodles (of your choice), chicken, Alfredo sauce. Yum!

4. OhSoDreadful

OhSoDreadful Childish Idealist

making your own noodles is amazing and you can put herbs inside the noodle. Plus, it cuts down on the time you have to boil it for if you use freshly made noodles

5. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

I like Chicken Carbonara a lot.

Get some chicken, vermicelli, a red or green peppers (I like red), an onion, stewed tomatoes (drained and diced), about 4 cloves of garlic (minced), some broccoli, olive oil, oregano, and basil.

Cook the broccoli before then cut it up into manageable pieces.
    Slice the chicken and fry it up in a little bit of olive oil, once it's fried throw in the peppers and onion, and fry a little to taste, then throw in the garlic, stewed tomatoes, broccoli and about a tablespoon of oregano and half a tablespoon of basil. Throw on a lid and let this simmer for about 30 minutes.
    You can use this time to do the noodles. When it's done, I like to throw cheese on my noodles, then put the carbonara on top.

6. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

OOoOOhhhh those sound good Guerillabedlam and Duck!
    I might cook some up for Monday night.

I've loved chicken carbonara sandwiches and I think I've had the pasta at a restaurant at some point in my life. Not sure when.

There is a brew-pub not too far from me that makes killer mac'n'cheese with bacon, gorgonzolla, and dark beer. I asked them for a recipe and they just told me the ingredients. I tried to imitate them but didn't come close.

7. lynzxx

lynzxx Senior Member

i was going to recommend carbonara :sunny::love:

8. prana

prana Member

Last edited: Feb 1, 2024
  9. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I would like to recommend Moussaka...its not exactly a pasta dish but its a Greek layered dish in the tradition of lasagna. You can always throw in a layer of lasagna noodles to turn it into a pasta. Its delightful and its something different that people don't eat every day.

This isn't the recipe I use but it would take to long to type out my recipe and this looks similiar.

I like to play around with different cheeses that can be easily crumbled instead of using parmesan cheese.

http://greekfood.about.com/od/eggplant/r/moussaka.htm

10. xox.chrissie.xox

xox.chrissie.xox Member

11. RickyRicardo

RickyRicardo Member

If you want something simple, go for something like Basil Pesto - otherwise, you can go for dishes like Ratatouille, Bucatini, Penne Boscaiola, Amatriciana, or even a simple pasta bake.

Options are endless.
    I love pasta too, and cook it as often as I can, with varying types.