reasoning to bisexuals

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by SurfhipE, Aug 18, 2005.

1. SurfhipE

SurfhipE Senior Member

in no means am i bashing bisexuals or mocking them, just trying to better understand their reasoning..

many, many times i have thought that i might be bisexual, i am okay with being intimate with other girls, but it basically came down to the fact that i didn't think i could date them, as i would a man..

i was just wondering the reasong in being bisexual..as for being straight, or, gay you simply say, i'm attracted to that sex. If I were to ever decide that I was bi, my explanation would simply be that I am atttraced to both sexes.. but not all people can understand that. What I'm asking is what reasons do you give people, when they ask why you chose to be bi..

again, not mocking it at all, as I have been in the same situation, I'd just like to hear some thoughts :)

2. Trickster's Child

Trickster's Child Banned

I'm not bi, but my ex is. Her reasoning was just that she enjoyed both sexes.

I certainly didnt complain, it ment I got a 3some with her and her best friend as my 20th birthday present :p

3. Oz!

Oz! Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

innerstin' thread :)

i'm not bi myself, but i don't think i'd have a prob if i was

(does that make sense? i mean, i think the idea of sex with another man might be fun, but i feel no sexual attraction to men, at least not yet)

do bi folks feel the same sexual "pull" towards both sexes, or is one stronger than the other? always wondered :)

4. ihmurria

ihmurria fini

you don't really "choose" or "decide" to be bi btw. I'm bi, haven't acted on it yet, but I am. I don't see anything wrong with dating girls, I'm just pickier with chicks than I am with boys, which is why I haven't dated one yet (then again, I've only ever had two boyfriends)

If anybody asked, that'd be my reasoning... there's nothign wrong with dating boys, or girls, just not both at once (for me at least)

5. Jes

Jes Member

Well im bi…and my reason is that when im attracted to a person, I don’t care if they are male or female…I just like them for who they are you know? I just don’t think that the gender of the person is a characteristic that matters that much….but that’s just me :)

6. xscoutx

xscoutx Member

i didn't choose. i'm just equally attracted to men and women. woo hoo

7. mrpwonder

mrpwonder Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

For me, the first time with a guy was more for curoristy. I found that I was very much into men as well as women. I've been in relationships with both sexes. If I like some one, then it doesnt matter their sex...

8. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

you "cant" choose to be or not be bi.. its natural for everyone to be bi, to an extent. anyone who believes they arent is lying to themselves.

9. Unbreakable_T

Unbreakable_T Member

Heh, how bi I am depends on how stoned I am, and when I was on ecstacy I could have screwed anyone, weird huh?

10. Random Andy

Random Andy Member

I think everyone is at least a bit bi. I think sexuality is analogue, not digital. That is, there aren't three clearly different steps. There's a sliding scale between purely gay and purely straight and everyone falls somewhere between those two extremes.

11. Random Andy

Random Andy Member

I just read back and soulrebel said that ^ already. Oops.

12. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

13. Bassist

Bassist Gate crasher!

LOL, the emphasis on "can't" threw me off for a minute....[​IMG]

14. snelio37

snelio37 Member

like the original poster said i dont mind being intimate with a girl, but i'm not particularly attracted to them. girls are infinitely hotter than guys, but i cant picture dating one.

15. cutelildeadbear

cutelildeadbear Hip Forums Gym Rat

Hmmm all of this is quite interesting as I find the exact opposite to be true for myself. However I consider myself straight, I wouldn't mind dating a gal, especially one that I had much in common with and got along really well with. Although I don't know that I would be too into the sexual aspect of it. I've had a sexual experience with another girl before but the relationship would be more what I would be interested in. Guess I'm all backwards.

16. dharmadrums

dharmadrums Member

I absolutely agree with the "sex pref is analog"/"we're all a little bi" arguments. Nobody chooses their sexuality, we are what we are. Personally, I prefer looking at women's bodies. Women's curves are far more appealing to my eye, but when it's time for sex, I always want a man. Not to say that I don't see men and think "whoa - hot!" - I just don't spend a lot of time looking at them. I've always been that way. I'm in a long term committed marriage which I hope never ends, but if I'm ever single again, I wouldn't rule out the possibility of loving a woman sexually, but I think it's pretty unlikely. I seem to be wired up hetero in that department.

17. lovelightlisa

lovelightlisa Senior Member

well...lets see, i'm hetero, but i like sex with girls too, i could not date a girl like i date guys so i'm not bisexual... i think there's different types of bisexuality, and yes i think no one is completely gay or hetero or whatever.

18. ZePpeLinA

ZePpeLinA Jump around!

i just find girls to be really pretty and dont mind getting funky with a girl, in fact is a very nice experience.
    i dont think i'm bisexual i just like having intimate physical contact with someone i might be attracted to, regardless of gender.
    theres no reasoning behind it, you just feel it or not.

19. lovelightlisa

lovelightlisa Senior Member

yeah, exactly! that's how i feel too.

20. TreeFiddy

TreeFiddy Member

im more sexually attracted to guys but in terms of a relationship i would much rather date a girl