Reason to Be

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Autentique, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Autentique

Autentique wonderfabulastic

I've always felt like the only thing for me to do was to give love to everyone around me and try to make people happy. As time passes I find myself caring less for other things and caring more about what I feel is the only thing that really matters.
    There has been times where I have forgotten that's what I care the most about and in those times I experienced extremely confused states of mind and did a lot of stupid stupid things. Im glad to remember, it comes with a newfound clarity :)

Do you feel like you have a purpose in life? Is there something that gives your life meaning and carries you through the days? Has it always been the same?

2. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

1. no

2. not really, i just try to enjoy what time i have

3. i guess basically...

3. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Never felt like I needed a purpose.

4. Autentique

Autentique wonderfabulastic

I think that's good :), because whatever we imagine is our reason to be is just a way of justifying our existance.

I guess I'm one of those people who need an excuse :tongue:

5. AquaLight

AquaLight Senior Member

My purpose is trying to be the best I can be in everything I come across

6. MollyBoston

MollyBoston Fluffer

I want to see and do everything in the world. Traveling and trying new things gives my life meaning.

Next to you, I look a little bit selfish. But I'm donating my thongs to Iminmyunderwear, so clearly I am not.

7. AquaLight

AquaLight Senior Member

That is very generous of you

8. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

Im too young to asnwer this question really. I mean I also feel that the only reason I exist is to help others, and when I ignore that mentality I feel disppointed in myself. But anything can happen and everything changes, I just dont feel that I've watched life go by long enough yet to come to anything more than acceptance. Understanding is still light years ahead of me, and so far it appears that understanding is a negation process in itself :tongue:
    namaste

9. Jimmy P

Jimmy P bastion of awesomeness

I believe a sense of purpose is important if you want to be truly happy. your purpose seems very noble - and I bet it will make you very happy.

my purpose is similar to Molly's. to travel, see, learn, experience; live. it will change as I grow older and things in my life change, I'm sure, but for now, this is what drives me.

10. nesta

nesta Banned

i dont really think there is necessarily "meaning" or "purpose" in my life exactly. i know what makes it valuable to me, but thats not really the same, i guess.

i think being meaningless and purposeless is quite liberating and even exhilirating. if i died, all memory of me would die with my friends and family. i'm a tiny little insignificant part of the grand scheme of things....i'm essentially nothing and nobody.

i dont think life is a "test" as such (not in the typical christian manner, anyhow) and don't think i need to have any goal other than to try and achieve peace and happiness, and to try to enrich the lives of people around me when i can.

sometimes i lose sight of that, but overall its what i believe.

to me not having purpose and not having meaning means there are very few expectations for me and essentially i am free to do what i want, though hopefully my choices will lead me in the direction i wish to travel...

11. Unknown American

Unknown American Rogue Capitalist

Well as near as I can figure it we are here to learn and to have fun.

My purpose is to be a custodian of the earth and to help others become more powerful in their lives individually.

What gives my life meaning is that I know I can leave the world a little better than I found it.

12. hippieatheart

hippieatheart vagina boob

My purpose I think is to just live life and enjoy it.

13. praxiskepsis

praxiskepsis ha!

I possess limited goals. No ultimate goals.

I sample, stop. Continue. Over.

14. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

My life has no goal or purpose or reason.

My ego does.

15. redyelruc

redyelruc The Yard Man

1. Nope, I don't feel like I have a purpose. But I am here, so there must be a reason for it.

2. Yes. The unknown. The fear that this may be my only chance at life. I don't want to miss out on anything I want. I'm greedy but not selfish.

3. No. Not at all. I was a depressed cop-out with a streak of self-destruction as a youth. I don't know exactly how I changed. Maybe I just grew up.

16. Traceroni.

Traceroni. Senior Member

1- Yes, in a way. In a way I feel I wouldn't have been born if there wasn't a reason even if it's a small one.
    2- Yes, I feel being a mom and girlfriend is meaning enough and my love for them keeps me strong.
    3- No, not really. Before Brad came along I was pretty much rock bottom and felt meaningless.

17. telephone

telephone weird

I don't think I have a specific purpose...just to live and experience all that I can, but I also like to do things just because I can, like love everyone and try to make people (and myself) happy.

18. Traceroni.

Traceroni. Senior Member

My reason to live is to be someone Brad can annoy, good enough I suppose.

19. myself

myself just me

It's probably my work that gives meaning to my life. Maybe also travelling. I wish to travel a lot and take photos and maybe write a blog where I keep a sort of journal... for people to read. Old Tiger here has inspired me with his travel journal...

20. sylvanlightning

sylvanlightning Prismatic Essence

I feel you are too humble when you start with... Im too young...
    are not we all equal facets of the One? Perhaps purpose can be found in Seva; selfless service?

http://www.spiritofmaat.com/index.html

Namaste