Realizations

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by rhasta.penguin, May 31, 2007.

1. rhasta.penguin

rhasta.penguin No more hippy...ugh

1. "Catcher in the Rye" is the first book i have ever loved. i finished it today and man do i love it. if i did read this book in school, it would of made me more of a book reader
    2. After watching the movie "dig", i have grown a love for the brian jonestown massacre, but a giant loath for the dandy warhols. fuck the dandy warhols
    3. Rock and Roll is sooooooo much better then hip-hop, and the more i learn about this bay area bullshit rap, the more i come to realize what a joke it is.
    But some hip-hop is still good...anything that mad-lib and mf doom make come to think of it.

what realizations have you come up with recently?

2. wave owls not flags

wave owls not flags is not interested

I should've written them down as I realized them. :( I, too, have realized more than a few things recently, but I don't remember any of them off-hand.

However, I do remember realizing a couple days ago that I have a bad short-term memory when it comes to things that don't matter. :H

3. wildflowereyes

wildflowereyes Senior Member

1. some jobs really suck. :p (theres more to that but its like a half hour complaint when i say it all, so i'm not about to type it)
    2. i play an instrument better (i said better, not good at all though) with a paper clip as a pick than a actual pick..
    3. you sure dislike a lot things in sf it seems.
    4. i could be happy doing retail/"low end" jobs for a long time. i enjoy dealing with customers.
    5. i have so much less money than i thought. fuck.

4. rhasta.penguin

its funny, im much happier here, but there is alot more here that does kind of bother me. but the goods out weight the bads 1000+

5. wildflowereyes

huh. i never had any complaints.

well, except for that i dated an asshole. but that happens in both places, believe me. ahah

6. wave owls not flags

1)After tomorrow I will have next to nothing (money-wise) for the next two weeks.
    2)Money really isn't hard to acquire if you don't mind working.
    3)I really, really, really like George W. Bush
    4)Antique stores are so much better than wal-mart. Cheaper and a bigger selection
    5)There's nothing wrong with you if all your songs sound similar. :H

well this is a fun game to play

7. rhasta.penguin

your number five is so true. when i was listening to this brian jonestown album that i got, pretty much half of the songs have extremly similar sounds, but they fucking rock. its not how the song is made, its how you make it...or something along those lines :D

8. wave owls not flags

6) Indie music snobs suck ass, as do emo kids. They are all so smug and they really shouldn't be.
    7) Reading is fun!^!(*#%!@)(!
    8) TV is boring and a waste of time.
    9) Being athletic is a blast.
    10) There is nothing better than baseball.

And Paul....yes. I recently opened for a guy named Dave Mehling, and his CD sounds like one long song but it is just amazing.

9. wildflowereyes

i love you.

haha. i recently decided i'm going to decorate my house when i grow up in antiques.
    i already have a ton of vintage clothes and old furniture. .. but it helps that i work in a vintage store so i know when i am getting my moneys worth :p

10. wildflowereyes

ohhh adding to mine

6. i can do 500 situps in one workout :eek: .. but i dont have a 6 pack, or even a 2 pack...

11. wave owls not flags

I recently decided that from now on I'm going to do all my shopping in antique stores....except food shopping of course, where I go to kwiktrip (a gas station that probably isnt around anywhere outside of wisconsin and illinois). there, you can get two loaves of real good bread for $1.59......!!!! its exciting.

12. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

To respond to your realizations:

Catcher in the Rye is the most overrated "hip" book out there.

...and The Dandy Warhols rock. :D

...my realization of the day is that I sound much better when I sing quietly into a microphone.

13. spooner

spooner is done.

1) I don't ever feel better than when I'm working long hours. Makes me appreciate my free time.
    2) Dead Souls is a badass book. Go Tsarist Russia.
    3)Our house is awesome... We wake up and its like the party never stopped.
    4)I drink too much.
    5)I've decided to start dressing like an adult. This will be a shocker.

14. all_rhodesian_reject

all_rhodesian_reject Sonskyn Elvis

1) I actually can't stand to be around the people who've been my closest friends for the best seven years for more then a couple of hours

2) A-Levels are shit, and that's my official line
    3) My job is shit and I need a new one, but one which pays equally well
    4) College (equivalent to last 2 years of high school) is ending and I suddenly feel all grown up

15. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I go to Flowers Bakery Outlet.... Awesome place.

Everything is like .99 or two for a dollar or whatever. Everything from white bread to 12/14-grain.

I enjoy the honey berry wheat... I think it's a nature's own brand.

16. wave owls not flags

Hmmm...perhaps I should look around for a place like that. Tomorrow a friend is taking me to an organic food co-op...so maybe I already have and I just haven't yet been there.

17. Micha

Micha Now available in Verdana!

you got a pretty mouth

18. MoonjavaSeed

MoonjavaSeed Yeah, Toast!

i want some fuckin puff pastry :D

19. ConeyIslandOfTheMind

ConeyIslandOfTheMind Member

The church thrift store in Swansboro gives out free bread. So...I guess one could call it "pwnage."

My realizations:

1. I should fuck everything and go write Gonzo for the rest of my life.
    2. Senior year is going to suck ass.
    3. A Pythonathon is necessary at least once a year.
    4. I need to drink more.
    5. Quitting smoking isn't as horrible as it's made out to be. People are just lame.
    6. A good friend of mine is going to make Europe the best vacation ever.
    7. Winter needs to hurry the fuck up and get here soon or else heat rash will envelop us all.

20. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Hey... :D oh yeah, the senior care place next door to my house aways gives away bread too.

It's just that most of the time, when I get a chance to stop by, selection is limited, so I end up hitting the bakery outlet, since the bread comes from there anyway and I know the lady who runs it.