Reading Festival

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by Lozi, Jan 14, 2005.

1. Lozi

Lozi Senior Member

Anybody going this year?

2. Peace-Phoenix

Peace-Phoenix Senior Member

Hehehehe, I doubt I'll go this year. Managed to fence jump briefly last year, but it smelt awful inside so I left. Not sure if it was the burning plastic or Fleassy....

3. Claire

Claire Senior Member

It's not really one of my favourite festivals... having said that I've never been!!!!

have heard the atmosphere isn't quite right?

Have you been Lozi?

I might go this year depending on the cost / fun I will have there. I tend to go to festivals for the people more than the music really...

Am going to try to get to all the festivals I can this year though!!!!!!!!!

Roll on Summer!!!!!!!!!!:D

4. Koolaid

Koolaid Member

been to Reading about 8 times..But haven't been for last 4 years now...It just aint Glastonbury at the end of the day....

5. ArtLoveMusic

ArtLoveMusic Senior Member

shurrup you :p

No im not waisting my money again, last year was horrible.
    Thoe only festival im DEFINATLY doing is beautiful days :)

6. Ellie-Rose

Ellie-Rose Le Muppet

I've been there before.. It certainly doesnt have the atmosphere of Glastonbury at all..

I do like the bands they have there though

I don't think I'll be going to any festivals this year.. All my money will be spent on Cream and Queen and Paul Rodgers tickets this year..

7. jonny2mad

jonny2mad Senior Member

you can always steward that way you get in for free and sometimes get free food.

The big green gathering is on this year by the way, that has lots of the green stuff from glastonbury without the big groups

8. bokonon

bokonon Senior Member

Hopefully Glastonbury again for me, got me spot picked out and everything :D

I just remembered the other day though, haha, ahh, I haven't unwrapped my tent since last Glasto...Not even to clean it :&

It's gonna be vile. Actually, I could probably sell it on ebay, it beats a bit of mud: tent, glasto mud, glasto air, few joint ends and snack wrappers probably...pretty unique.

9. Lozi

Lozi Senior Member

Dunno about the atmosphere. I guess it depends who you go with or which bands play. I went last year and lost my whole bag in Offsprings mosh pit haha. It was so funny. Fortunately I had been practising not caring about material possessions. lucky that, as I lost about 20 quid maybe and an expensive camera.

Some good bands played, not many though. I just went for the amount of people I knew that went also from all around berkshire and further afield. Was massively amazing. ahhhh social butterfly.

10. Mix

Mix Member

Lozi - or infact anyone... have any of you Been to Womad? that atmosphere is chilled. I have been to Reading, even though i live here/there. erm ive been to V.Festival lol. It was great!

11. Peace-Phoenix

Peace-Phoenix Senior Member

Essence of hippy in one big plastic capsule:p

12. jesikhaviolet

jesikhaviolet Member

it doesn't seem like anyone wants to go to reading this year...

13. Lozi

Lozi Senior Member

i do i do! mainly coz it's local and smells interesting, like a mouldy weed farm perhaps. not that i know what weed smells like. which i don't. Reading always ends up with me getting blistered feet, but if i get bored of the music or the general festival i can pop into town and/or go to cinema or do normal Reading things.

14. jesikhaviolet

jesikhaviolet Member

then can i come with you? ^_^

15. Jaz Delorean

Jaz Delorean Senior Member

we'll be at greenbelt :)
    i'll be at beautiful days this year :p hopefully playing ;)

16. TheFly

TheFly Member

I've been to a Womad... good festival... went way back when they did one in Bath that Peter Gabriel headlined... really enjoyed it... they have a Womad night down here at Eden but never made it to one of them yet... maybe this year...

Fly...

17. Lozi

Lozi Senior Member

ahh peter gabriel is great. i really should go to greenbelt at some point, but i'm not an extremely festival person for some reasons. i get claustrophobic. man at reading when i got stuck in the offspring moshpit, that was like dying, i was absolutely petrified of course i can laugh about it afterwards coz i'm alive, but still, the endless sea of people scared me shipless.

no mix i've never been to womad or any of the other festivals that everyone on ehre seems to have been at.

yeah jess! you should come down for reading fest. hmm hope the music is good this year. 50 cent and the rasmus got booed off stage and thrown bottles full of pee at them ...stupid crowd. so rude. helloooo, the performers are human beings?! grrr, some people are just so...frustrating perhaps..

18. Jaz Delorean

Jaz Delorean Senior Member

lozi weren't you at greenbelt in 2004? how could you have been at reading as well?

19. Lozi

Lozi Senior Member

i wasn't at greenbelt in 2004 i've never been. i was considering going but i went to reading instead

20. jesikhaviolet

jesikhaviolet Member

how much does reading cost? i might have to start saving now