RE: How To Be Good At Being Stoned

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by paintballer687, Apr 9, 2007.

1. paintballer687

paintballer687 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I received the book from MelT on Friday, and haven't had a chance to read much more than the introduction as of yet, but I can already start to get a feel for this book. In my opinion, it's high time a book of this stature has hit the shelves. It contains new information and concepts for even the most advanced stoners. It's written beautifully for its audience; it has value to the simplest of readers, as well as deeper meanings to those more advanced, with the amount of knowledge and insight progessively increasing with each read. The concepts contained in this book, treating the high like wave oscillations to take distructive interference into consideration for example, bring cannabis to an entirely new level, one that can't be found on Google or Wikipedia. I'll need a little bit more time to finish the book before I can write a proper evaluation, but I can already tell that this is a book that every stoner should read. :)

2. kar33m

kar33m Member

I am really desperate to get my hands on this book.
    Is there anyway to get it online?
    I live in egypt and I doubt it can be shipped there.
    thx in advance for the replies

3. swazo

swazo i am amazing.

damn wish i got one.

4. paintballer687

I just sent MelT a PM asking for a link to order, I'm not sure if it ships to Egypt, though. It really is an amazing book though, definately worth a read. :)

5. vactom

vactom Fire on the Mountain

You don't need an apostrophe on the second 'its'. Unless there were a comma after the 'beautifully', however that would totally change the meaning of the sentence :)
    I will probably end up buying the book in the summer when I'm not so broke =/

6. paintballer687

Whoops, yeah I was typing that up at midnight after working for 9 hours, my bad, I'll go back and change it.

7. Pmeth

Pmeth Member

where can i get the link also? im located in canada is there anyway i get this book at like Indigo or Chapters? any stores like that?

8. paintballer687

Ok, well I found this link for Amazon.com, but I'm not sure about any actual stores.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Headstuff-H...677254?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1176144364&sr=1-19
    It also says the price is £19.99, but it's really £16.99, I believe MelT said they had it incorrect and are in the process of having it fixed.

But yeah, I really encourage others to read this book, it changes your entire view of cannabis and allows you to get the best high possible. I see it as a kind of investment, pick up this book instead of that extra dub and start getting more out of every one of your highs. :)

9. vactom

17 pounds, that is like, what? $30? I fucking hate different currencies -_-

10. paintballer687

It's a little under $23.

11. gaum

gaum Elephant Orgy

more like 35 or so

12. paintballer687

Oh, wait pounds? Yeah that's like $35. But the book is 17 euros, not pounds, which is a little under $23.

13. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

16.99 EUR

=

22.6959 USD

Euro United States Dollars 1 EUR = 1.33584 USD 1 USD = 0.748593 EUR

www.xe.com for currency conversions.

I'm interested in this book and will probably get it when my hands heals enough for me to work.

14. MelT

MelT Member

Sorry, it's £16.95 UK Pounds (or £14.95 UKP for the PDF), my fault for not making that clearer.

MelT

15. TopNotchStoner

^^^in that case:
    16.95 GBP = 33.4350 USD
    United Kingdom Pounds United States Dollars
    1 GBP = 1.97256 USD 1 USD = 0.506954 GBP

16. MelT

MelT Member

Thankyou TNS:)

I wish the price were lower, but if it were being sold through normal retailers it would cost a lot more (about £8). The cheapest way is to go for a PDF at £14.85, as you avoid postage charges. But if you can afford it there's a deal on the print copy AND the PDF for £21.95.

MelT

17. TopNotchStoner

It's not really a bad price, especially if it's as good as paintballer says it is. I've paid more than that for shitty books.

18. vactom

I don't know, $34 is a lot of money for a book IMO, plus shipping and what not... PDF would be my bet, but I would probably read it more in school and I wouldn't wanna print all the pages... Bummer...

19. DeliPro

DeliPro Member

We should just have everyone throw down on the pdf then put it on rapidshare for everyone.

20. MelT

MelT Member

You do realise that I'm reading this as the author of the book and what you're promoting is piracy and against the law? You're actually encouraging people to steal from me, do you think that's fair?

You also realise that each PDF is tagged and the publishers can check back to find who was sold the original? But there you go, after reading this last night they're considering not making the PDF available at all, so well done spoiling it for everyone else.

MelT