Razor burn?!?!?

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by Faerie, Jun 25, 2006.

1. Faerie

Faerie Peachy

Okay I have a horrible case of razor burn on my bikini line and it hurts, Is there anything i can do about it (aside from stop shaving but I am gonna give about a week more then I let it grow back)!?!?!?!?

2. lace_and_feet

lace_and_feet Super Member

Gentle exfoliation and aloe vera will help it heal.

3. madlizard

madlizard Senior Member

Why shave at all?

:(

4. lace_and_feet

Oh, also jojoba oil. I'm surprised I forgot to mention this. I'd probably use this over aloe vera even. After exfoliating with plain old sugar or baking soda, apply a few drops of jojoba oil. For even better results add a drop of lavendar oil and a drop of tea tree oil.

5. Faerie

Faerie Peachy

Thanks hun!!!!!

6. Faerie

Faerie Peachy

Cause i felt like it ;)

7. madlizard

madlizard Senior Member

Well.. okay then.. :D

8. Critter1223

Critter1223 Member

Right after you shave your bikini line...or all! Use 'Neosporin" Directly after shaving. It will stop any, burn, or those nasty little pimples that sometimes show up too. It works too!!!:)

9. lace_and_feet

You're welcome I hope it helps at least a little. I have super sensitive skin so I know your pain.

10. peacelovebarefeet

peacelovebarefeet BuRniN oNe...

I've found that shaving with a natural lotion helps keep all those nasty bumps at bay....

11. lucyinthesky

lucyinthesky Tie Dyed Soul

i have this problem and i get it HORRIBLY on my crotch as well as my arm pits. I mean to the point where i can't even wear shirts that come into close contact with my pits. It's really painful and almost like blisters. I was actually about to make a post about this myself.

12. mamaboogie

mamaboogie anarchist

use a single-blade razor instead of a double-blade. Make sure to always use a new razor. You might want to look into what soap you are using, if that might be contributing to the irritation. I have that problem, and finally just stopped shaving altogether because not having hair just wasn't worth being in so much pain!

13. mushie18

mushie18 Intergalactic

duh, because it's clean.

:rolleyes:

14. Cate8

Cate8 Senior Member

oh, these are good suggestions. i just hate that i can never shave it completely smooth

15. lucyinthesky

lucyinthesky Tie Dyed Soul

i've tried using single blade, it's only worse. I've tried tons of different soaps as well.

If i don't shave, i get too sweaty and moist in the pits. not pleasent lol.

16. Biida

Biida Member

Try waxing. *shrugs*

17. madlizard

madlizard Senior Member

I personally hate shaving.. I'm at peace with my hair :)..

But, hmm, I suggest waxing then. And have you tried using shaving cream instead of soap?

18. icedteapriestess

icedteapriestess linguistic freak

Waxing is not really an option if you have really sensitive skin. Neither are those chemicals that eat away the hair. Tried both, ended up loosing skin with both... with waxing my skin was ripped off, and with the depiltory (sp) creams my skin was either burnt or eatten away. Not cool either way, regardless.

When I have to shave, I make sure I do it in the bath after soaking for about 10 minutes. This helps make the hair "stand up" and therefore is easier to cut (less passes over the skin with the razor equals less chance of razor burn) as well as helps the skin by retaining moisture. Use a shaving cream that is formulated for sensitive skin.. it does help.

After shaving, clean the area with a gentle astringent, like witch hazel.

For razor burn I've always used Diaper Rash cream... works on a sore baby ass, works my my sore bikini line.

19. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

witchazel is nice, i'd never thought of using dipe cream, although i can see the zinc being very soothing.

ps, if waxing rips off skin, you might consider sugaring instead.

20. pixierose

pixierose Member

mm wish lasering was cheaper... i don't like the permanent idea of it though.

and regular waxing is so messy, but a friend recommended using those ready-made strips (the ones that you warm up in your hands), which sound like a better option!

the only thing i can say about shaving is to use a sharp razor, lots of lather, and don't go over the same area more than twice. getting a completely clean cut isn't worth the bumps afterwards :(