Raw Food Diet

Discussion in 'Pets and Animals' started by gaiabee, May 24, 2007.

1. gaiabee

gaiabee Member

Does anyone know of any websites to provide tips and/or recipes for a raw food diet for cats?

2. gaiabee

gaiabee Member

Wow... no one knows of ANY websites?! I've found plenty reporting the benefits of this diet, or ads for pre-packaged varieties... but no actual recipes (I'd like to make something for her myself). I want to make sure my cat gets the right ingredients in the right proportions.

3. Avocado Noni

Avocado Noni Member

Hey :)

The only real raw food I feed my cat is organic free range egg yolks...not the whites because they contain strong enzyme inhibitors that inhibit digestion. The yolk contains beta carotene(antioxidant) and lecithin which is good for cat's brain and nervous system...as well as omega 3 fats if the chickens are grass fed.

Some cats like raw melon which is great if they like it..My cat doesnt. There's a lot of formulated raw foods on the internet if you google it.

I would cook the cat's (free range organic grass fed) meat to avoid giving them parasites...

And since most animals do have parasites, I recommend giving your cat some kind of herbal formula topically a couple times a week - http://174486.amazonherb.net/amazon_pets-whichherb.aspx

Envirozon seems to work the best out of all the ones I have tryed.

4. Elle

Elle Senior Member

Try the ASPCA.com site. I believe I saw some info there right after the big recall