Rate Obama's Success on a scale of 1 to 10!

Discussion in 'People' started by Aristartle, May 27, 2009.

1. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Hard to give a number.
    He only did one thing that stands out in my day to day life. Of course that's the aca. Just absolute garbage it could be made to help everyone instead of just the poorest of the poor.
    Otherwise just a typical politician.

5 would be fair.

2. MADDENEDMAN

MADDENEDMAN Members

6 1/2. For me i can't over look the fact that he did the most for the LGBT community out of any president so far, also he handled his social media like a boss

themnax likes this.
  3. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

I had high hopes for him, but he dropped the ball playing old school politics. Instead of throwing the bankers in jail and trying to rebuild our government he gave us Obama care which became wildly inflated and ensured that Trump would be elected because nobody trusts the system anymore when you no longer have the rule of law.

4. shur-y-not

shur-y-not Members

3 For effort.
    As far as health care goes, the ultimate goal on the left is single payer. Obama did his part. He implemented a system that was meant to fail. Then Hillary was to be elected and get us closer to that goal.
    Obama was the the biggest pussy we've had for President in my life time.

5. roccobkln

roccobkln Members

An 8, but trump is determined to repeal and undermine them any chance he gets

6. themnax

themnax Senior Member

at somewhere between 5 or 6 and a half, that's still nearly twice any republican who has held that office in my lifetime.
    it appeared to me, that he lost or wasted a hell of a lot of opportunities, that from the outside, it certainly looked like he might have had those first two years, when he was elected.
    maybe it was the difference between chicago and d.c. whatever it was, and i can't really judge a game i would be no good at playing myself,
    but it really seems like he lost a lot trying to compromise with people who had no interest in compromising back.

i have absolutely no argument with his stated intentions. but i do have a great deal of disappointment that he couldn't have made deeper and more permanent national policy improvements.
    he should have made closing guantanimo and given the land back to cuba his first priority from day one.
    and the environment, how it affects everybody and how everybody effects it, needed to have been his first priority going forward from there.
    he should have been willing to let the tea nazis and fascist pseudo-conservatives shed all the great big crocodile tears they wanted if that's what it would have taken.

he was of course under the terrible catch 22 restraints of having to appear gentle and strong at the same time.
    he succeeded with the gentle part, but i sure wish he could have exercised a firmer hand when it appeared he had the chance.

7. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Let's put it in context. My points of reference are Lyndon Johnson, Richard Nixon, Gerald Ford, Jimmie Carter, the Bushes, and the Donald. Relative to that crew (with the possible exception of Bush41) , he's a 10.

McFuddy likes this.
  8. Lightining

Lightining Member

He was a captivating speaker and very presidential but when you look at the eight years that he served you really didn't get much done, a few things so I gave him a solid 4.5

Monkey Boy likes this.
  9. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

Likability as a person 10. Getting stuff done 5. Besides healthcare very little was done. Taxes basically stayed the same and the wars continued.

10. deleted

deleted Visitor

3.. raped me with a spoon..

11. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

he commands a $400000.00 appearance fee for speeches now...id have to say that was a pretty successful presidency

four hundred thousand for an hour or 2 ...im jealous

12. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

I wonder if any of the speeches are for Goldman Sachs.

13. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

maybe its not that successful

i just checked his facebook page and it says Barack Obama does not have any upcoming events.

14. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

He's speaking for Cantor Fitzgerald a wall street trading firm for $400,000. Pretty similar to Goldman Sachs.

15. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

16. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

I'd rate him slightly above Carter or Ford, tied with George Bush Sr. I'll always remember him for the ACA, which has improved my life in no way at all so far as I can tell. I'll give him a 3.

17. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

very strong stance on important issues and a ethical intelligent man. But also one who stayed with the cultural norm when he had to such as gay marriage for a time.

Sadly people now say "he got noting done". He did but ever hear of checks and balances? Perhaps that is why. For all some people said he was a "dictator" he sure played by rules they do not.

18. fraggle_rock

fraggle_rock Member

There were a lot of things I liked about his presidency, but I also feel like he was too determined to be part of the establishment and play nice.I know this doesn't sound like such a terrible thing, but you also need to consider just how bad the establishment is.

I didn't expect him to build a utopian society, and he definitely wasn't an embarrassment, but he also stepped up a lot of the worst aspects of the Bush era and allowed things like Detroit to happen... and that's pretty much unforgivable.

With Trump as a 0 (he really is) and Lincoln/FDR/Washington are 10... I would say about 5.

Asmodean likes this.
  19. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Gotta love that free market

20. James T

James T Members

Why are Lincoln and Washington a 10? Washington led us in a war as basically a mercenary. We paid him first so he was our general.

Lincoln everyone raves about for freeing slaves but his original view on the slaves was move them all to a seperate land. Segregate them not free them. And he freed them more as stratagem than honor. As freedmen they could join military and would be more willing to serve as it was a choice.