Rate Obama's Success on a scale of 1 to 10!

Discussion in 'People' started by Aristartle, May 27, 2009.

1. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

I might be a bit biased (being of african american descent) and one of my sisters lives on Martha's Vineyard (where he and the family are currently vacationing) but I'd rate him a 10 out of 10 [​IMG]

Hotwater

2. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

Considering the obstructionist republican congress he's had to deal with, his success is a 12.

3. fraggle_rock

fraggle_rock Member

In terms of fulfilling the expectations people had of him, he's probably at 3.

But in terms of being a president of the US who has kept everything going with no noteworthy scandals while pushing things in the right direction, I would say 7 or 8.

4. Meliai

Meliai Banned

he's the first president in decades to push through any real, significant healthcare reform. I dont really think the affordable healthcare act is the solution but it is a pretty impressive feat to get it passed, even as watered down as it ended up being.

I've went back and forth over my opinion with Obama over the years but I definitely think he's far from the worst president we've ever had.

5. ElEyeJaw

ElEyeJaw Banned

He's the absolute, best court jester money can buy.

6. ElEyeJaw

ElEyeJaw Banned

Seems to me that the cuckservatives are on board with him, so I'm not really sure what you're getting at exactly. The best thing he's done so far other than accelerate the rate at which this country is sinking, is go tolength to avoid starting a war with Iran, though all the other wars he's kept us in and gotten us into, speak much more about him being the same old, same old.

1 person likes this.
  7. VenusValkyrie

VenusValkyrie Guest

1 person likes this.
  8. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i can't say that i'm not disappointed, but i can seriously doubt anyone else would have done as well or better.

(ask me the same question at this point in any other presidency, about any other president, and i'd probably have to say the same thing)

9. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

I agree given the state of the economy and the state of the world when he took over leadership

Hotwater

10. mohsin qureshi

mohsin qureshi Members

I think i rate him (7)

11. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I think he's done an awesome job with his no boots on the ground strategy.

12. texasafterdark

texasafterdark Members

1-10..I would have to say overall a 3.5, We have had worse in my lifetime...Obama has done good things, but those are outweighed by the things that aren't...

13. william99

william99 Members

Ditto times 10

14. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

i can nott honestly say a 0 after bush.... but i can say he did little to help, and the health care thing? all he had to do was give out bonuses to the companies that hired full time workers instead of making companies want to hire 500 part time workers.
    for those reasons alone he gets a 3

15. Meliai

Meliai Banned

The TPP will be a huge stain on his legacy

also the looming failure of the affordable care act unless it can serve as a stepping stone to single payer. I just read in my above post from above from exactly a year ago I gave him slightly more credit for the affordable care act, but now with insurance companies pulling out, costs and premiums continuing to skyrocket, not to mention the whole tax on the uninsured, and also broader support now for single payer, i think our only option is to move we forward with a better healthcare system and leave the affordable care act and a for profit healthcare system behind. Or at the very least we need to think outside the box and figure out how to control costs, something the affordable care act hasn't done.

The US's involvement in Syria won't help his legacy either but to be fair this of course is a continuation of typical Us foreign policy

He isn't the worst though, if it wasnt for these 3 issues I would like him, but these are huge issues.

3.5 maybe? Maybe a 4.

16. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

I'm curious if any president in the last 25 years would get more than a 3 from the Hip Forums crowd.

Now for all of you that gave low or negative scores, do you honestly think YOU could do any better?
    I know I don't want that job.

17. StellarCoon

StellarCoon Dr. Professor

8 - "at least he's not bush", that's as high of a standard as i have right now as sad as that sounds

18. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

The ACA is anything but affordable and looks doomed to fail, deficits are out of control and partisanship is worse than ever (not all his fault). I am better off than I was 7 years ago but that is because of changes I've made in my own life, not anything the government has done. I rate him Jimmy Carter+1, so a 4 maybe? And only that high because there is no hostage situation bringing him down lower. [​IMG]

19. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Wow,

Mr Obama flew all of that money to Iran in Euros. To those bastards.

Valerie Jarrett was raised in Iran. What a hold she must have over Our President. Rahm Emanuel had to leave the White House and go back to Chicago because of Ms Jarret's dominance of The President.

Too bad she did not face a congressional hearing

20. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i love the guy, obama. he was better then anything we've had since before raygun. but i really think he screwed up what he could have accomplished so much more his furst two years.
    i see his big mistake as trying to make concessions to people who would never give anything back.
    he did that, i don't blame him for trying to give everyone a little something. i applaud him for that intention.

but there shouldn't be a u.s. base at guantanimo.
    there should never have been. that's a place that was stolen from cuba and should be given back.

he got a lot of things done, that maybe, i doubt in his place that i could have,
    but a lot of what he had to compromise on to get them done,

i mean health care reform,
    the problem wasn't that poor people didn't have insurance,
    the problem was that they we couldn't get medical attention without it.

that hasn't been solved. i don't believe those who want to scrap the aca want to solve it either.
    just throwing out everything he did with the bath water is no solution to anything.

everything he tried to do was opposed.
    too much of that opposition made no sense what so ever, but there it was.

the things no body hears about or pays no attention to when they do,
    these are what politicians can get done.
    i don't mean deliberately behind everyone's backs,
    but without the more heat then light, that politics too often generates.

he wasn't able to do all of the things i, and presumably a lot of other people,
    would have liked to have seen him be able to,
    but even with all that, he's still the best we've had since before raygun.

i give clinton mixed reviews because of nafta and bombing a pharmacy,
    but i give even clinton a lot of credit for what he was able to undo of raygun's damage.