Rasheeke's Rant #1.

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Rasheeke, Jan 2, 2005.

1. Rasheeke

Rasheeke Member

Earlier, i was reading a thread, by TheFly, which was about how punk is dead, and the thread started turning into a culture debate and such. and i started thinking about the sub-cultures ive noticed today.
    Preppy mainstream lovers, Punks, Hip Hop kids, "scene" (basically punk), and other sub-cultures. In retrospect, i basically went through many phases, from grade 9, to now. I tried to be another person basically, so i could get certain people to be my friend. Whether it involved dressing black, to be seen as a punk, or buying expensive clothing i don't need from american eagle, to be a preppy mainstream lover. Since then, ive gone through a complete change from what i used to be. Now after a few years of learning, i have a completly new set of friends, who i really enjoy being with, since i don't have to change myself, in any way to get them to like me.

These days, now, i can basically fit someone into a sub-culture, almost by looking at them. It sometimes bothers me how some people can basically be controlled by the media, to buy certain clothing, or listen to certain music, just because its "trendy". I do try not to get "sucked in", by no paticular method. I see this in the friends i hang out with too. They've escape the black-hole, that we all know as mainstream. Now, others, who arent as fortunate as me, and others like me, would prolly say, that just because i smoke pot, this is most likely a stoner's rant, i know this, because, some of the people who i used to hang out with, who i refer to now as preppy mainstream people (god forbid they read this, becaus, they are nice people anyways) But they would think me smoking drugs, would affect who i am because, everyone says its bad, but, jsut cause everyone says it, doens't make it true. Well, go ahead and call me a silly stoner i don't care. The fact that the media has made you too afraid to try something new, has forced you into not expanding your mind at all, and letting you be controlled by the media. This is really going nowhere, but, this is a random thoughts forums, and this is my random thought. Though, now that i have set some sub-culture examples... i wonder what i would fall into...

2. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

I threatened to stab him in the heart with a dradle.

Now thats fuckin' punk. [​IMG]

3. Rasheeke

Rasheeke Member

By punk, i mean, those kids who love good charlotte, and sum 41, and avril lavigne, and dress up lke them, and say they're hardcore punks, and oh so rebellious... you wanna be rebellious?? burn down parliment.

4. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

I never was into any of that trend-y shit and I have friends from all kinds of groups the stoners, the blacks, the white kids that act black, the goths, the punks, the racist white trash, the average white guys, even the school bullies and the main friends I hang out with all seem to be part of a group that doesn't go by trends. Ironically enough so many people are doing this now it kinda seems like a trend.
    On a similar note, I have never made friends with a prep.

5. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

I like you.

Generations are freaking stupid, I couldn't care less if punks dead. I'd never let a guy named the fly get to me.

6. Rasheeke

Rasheeke Member

Well, the fly raises a damn good point though. I mean, there are some real punks out there. But the majority of them these days, that call themselves punk, are NOT punk. There is alwaysa general phase.. 40's was jazz, 50's was rock 'n' roll, 60's was hippy, 70's was drugs and punk, and 80's was acid house. What you think the new millenium kids are like?? What's "That 00's Show" gnna be like??
    Side note, Lodui... its nice to know you like me:)

7. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

We have trance music and the internet... we don't need to define ourselfs.

I think most punks we're always posers... Cindy Lauper bullshit.

Who cares about self definition through a fad, our generation doesn't need to have some faux rebellion...

No other rebellion has meant anything... just a buncha kids deluding themselfs.

I'm glad we're keeping it real.

8. Rasheeke

Rasheeke Member

Yes we are keeping it quite real. Maybe that is what our generation will be labelled as. I don't mean right now, but in like 20 years, we'll be known as the "Internet bang" so to speak. When computers got huge. I know they've been aorund for a long time, but these days, you see a hell of alot more computers. Let's just hope AI isn't reached. I fear that.

9. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

Not me, I wanna robot who'll feel bad when I boss him around. [​IMG]

10. Rasheeke

Rasheeke Member

Haha, fair enough.