Rappers can't talk.

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by cerridwen, Jan 14, 2005.

1. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

Just watching MuchMusic... I would love to be able to understand ONE FREAKING SENTENCE of what they're saying... what's going on?

2. missfontella

missfontella Mama of Da Assassins

funny......I can

3. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

dont worry about it. all they talk about is bitches, hoes, cash, money, and bling bling...... ohh and then they thank jesus.

4. Juggalo4ever

Juggalo4ever KingoftheChubbyGirls

So you're a big MTV fan?

5. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

yeah TRL totally kicks ass. like Im totally into the music and guests they have on that show. like today they had nelly's video with tim mcgraw. and they said that tim mcgraw is the first country artist on trl, ever, and he is soooo dreamy omg.

6. daisymae

daisymae I'm a Rhinestone Cowboy

Hahaha....

7. Juggalo4ever

Juggalo4ever KingoftheChubbyGirls

:confused: At first I thought you were kidding, but there was a little too much info in there and now I'm not sure.

8. Maybe you cant understand them because you start out with a predjeduced opinion of them.

9. boringtree

boringtree Custom User Title

they all talk like they dont have jaws.

10. pink floyd

pink floyd carousing&ransacking

this is a stupid generalization.. there are tons of fucking awesome rappers out there that are EASY to understand and made just as much sense as anyone else. try not listening to mtv shit.. try some underground hip hop

like sage francis, living legends, eyedea, aesop rock, slug, non-profits... its like listening to poetry with beats

11. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

Ar you kidding or not? I'm just gonna say even if you are kidding, TRL is the worst.
    About the original post, I can understand them fine. You're just too damn white.

12. moonshyne

moonshyne Approved by the FDA

hahaha! That's so true!

:::crappy story, please skip over it:::

When I first moved back up here from Florida, I couldn't understand a word black people said. Here in GA we've got this mix of ebonics/southern accent that you can't really get unless you've lived here a while.

Personally, I prefer it to the usual white trash hick-speak I'm used to hearing.

13. scarlettchasingroses

scarlettchasingroses strawberry tart

i agree.....

14. paix

paix Senior Member

so glad you said it. Michael Franti is damn good too, Mos Def and and Talib Kwali, while way more mainstream have some good stuff too

15. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

will smith is the most credible rapper out there.

16. missfontella

hhahahahahahahahaahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah **cough, cough, cough* hahahahhahhahahaahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

17. peacefuljeffrey

peacefuljeffrey Senior Member

Dude, rappers are fucking ignorant. If they could talk right, and were intelligent, do you think that the "music" they produce would be the kind that they produce?

If they had any ability, they wouldn't jump around gesticulating like monkeys on stage, trying to make their voices sound deeper and tougher, and they'd maybe learn to play instruments instead of scratch somebody else's records, and maybe they'd be marginally listenable.

But nope. So when they speak, what do you expect? Kant? Sartre? Nietsche? I mean really...

-Jeffrey

18. peacefuljeffrey

LMmo'fo'AO!!!!

Now THAT was FUNNY!!

Of course, the sad part is, it's true, though. :rolleyes:

-Jeffrey

19. peacefuljeffrey

Yeah, really horrible, clumsy, illiterate, tries-to-rhyme-but-doesn't-really-make-it poetry.

In other words, shitty poetry.

I find it unlistenable.

And the shit they choose to "rap" about?!

-Jeffrey

20. missfontella

I can't believe you guys can't see this dude for what he is

*shakes head*

eh......but what can ya do?