Rant..

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by Smelly D, Jan 25, 2009.

1. Smelly D

Smelly D The Dreaded Plumber

Im incredibly pissed off at the whole 'finding a job thing', and i want to throw things, and hurt things, and eat lots of chocolate,, none of which will help, but i want to do it.

If i had dreads, id be pulling them. hard.

:mad:

2. ThePmiester

ThePmiester Member

I feel your pain :( It's funny how even though none of my friends can find jobs, my mum blames my dreads on my lack of employment!
    :)

3. Smelly D

thats why my mom dont want me to get them again, cause of the whole employment thing. she can royally go somewhere though =]

4. Mabster

Mabster Member

Sorry to hear you can't find a job.. Any particular sector or is it job in general?

5. Smelly D

im training to be a plumber, so need a job to get qualified (to work towards an nvq and get experience etc)

failing that, any soddin job!

6. MoonDoggie

MoonDoggie Member

Awww, maybe you can intern at a plumbing place (basically free labor for them) and after awhile throw hints at wanting to be permanetly employed. That's my game plan. I'm going to intern at several places and hopefully prove to them that I'm worthy of being an trusted employee.
    Right now I'm working at Burgur King and it's so stressful and I'm not allowed to have facial peircings... I really want to get my nose piercing done... Need a better job... Ughh, pass me the chocolate :]

7. Smelly D

yeah, ive been writing to and emailing places saying im available for part time work (i have college), but id happily work for free for a few weeks for the experience. i wouldnt mind if it was only 1 day a week but i cant even get that =[

8. pypes

pypes Hot alien babes

I got a job, in birmingham, with dreads, so tell your mom to fuck off.

also there are no jobs in birmingham.

9. Mabster

Mabster Member

The NVQ's are a fantastic thing. I did a svq level 3 in amenity horticulture. Modern Apprentice o the year In Shetland (out of 70 that year)
    Keep on looking you will find somewhere.
    Are there any training providers you could go to?

Up here everything is co-ordinated by Train Shetland.

10. pypes

pypes Hot alien babes

lol, training in birmingham for white people who arn't 16? you must be taking the piss.

11. Smelly D

sums it up quite nicely (its funny cuz its true)

12. MoonDoggie

MoonDoggie Member

Yeah, actually getting employed with pay is going to be a bitch. I don't see how people could turn down an intern though. That what you could aim for right now, internship. And try showing up in person, or calling them up by phone.

13. mandyland

mandyland Senior Member

maybe a different field?

14. Kannabis King

Kannabis King Member

ya getting jobs suck i havent been able to find one in a while, plus they all test :(

15. Smelly D

i cant keep choppin and changing though -- 2 years ago i was ganna go to university and do engineering and then join the navy. i failed my exams, decided to become a geologist instead, but then couldnt be bothered, so then decided to be a plumber.... i change my mind too quick and i havent really given anything a go, so i gatta stick with this one thing for at least another 2 years to make it worth the effort of going to college etc!

16. hellodreadhead

hellodreadhead Beta as fuck

Has she not read about the official recession where now in? :p

I'm worrying to fuck about my dreads and employment. You see, I was supposed to do a masters which gave my dreads two years of maturing. But with my husband losing his job six months ago, he can't afford to support us while I study. Sucks.

17. oshinn

oshinn Member

i got a job sans dreads, am planning on redoing them. i applied to like 70 places and got lucky with this one. i just want to get to montana and start making hats and growing vegetables again already. fuck jobs! (i say this because i am currently not starving)

best of luck, smelly d. this economy sucks bigtime. have you gone to a headhunter? that's what i did that finally did the trick.

18. Smelly D

whats a headhunter? *feels stupid* =]

19. oshinn

oshinn Member

oh! i didn't see you're from the uk... i don't know if they have them there. it's like, a job finding service... where you take your resume into someone, they find you a job and they get compensated for it. i guess it's easier for the companies since they don't have to do the finding themselves...?

20. Smelly D

ooh an agency. i getcha now =]

thats how my bro got the job hes got now... i have been tempted, but im trying to do it without them for the moment,, theyre like a last resort