rangerdanger's Guide To Guerilla Growing

Discussion in 'Cannabis Outdoors' started by rangerdanger, Jan 6, 2006.

1. rangerdanger

rangerdanger Senior Member

Class Come To Order

As promised, rangerdanger is here to give you step-by-step instructions on growing boxfuls of phat sticky buds.

Lesson One

Rent the flick Homegrown, starring Billy Bob Thornton & Hank Azaria. It’s a great movie all about guerilla growing.

AND

Go here and read this:

And right now is a great time of year to buy hiking boots. You’ll also need a frame backpack and a hiking guide (buy at a sporting goods shop).

Look through it.

You’ll also need a army surplus-type folding shovel.

Also, start saving up seeds. It’s nice to have seeds from killer strains, but even if it’s mids, that better than none.

And know this: the pot you harvest later this year will be better than the pot the seeds it came from.

Cause you will take better care of it, and plus YOU grew it.

Start saving your dough. It will cost approx. $10.00 per plant in potting soil and a couple bux for nutrients later in the growing season.

Now comes the dicey part.

Only if you have a friend you trust implicitly and is like your best bud, have a partner.

It makes it easier take care of cause pot needs water every 3 days. If it doesn’t rain, you have to bring them water. So if you and your partner take turns, you’ll only have to go out every 6 days.

But it has to be someone reliable, someone who doesn’t mind working a $100.00/hr. part-time job, someone who can keep their trap shut.

TELL NO ONE ELSE.

So that’s it until in the next week or 2.

2. 40oz and chronic

40oz and chronic 'Nuff Said

theres nothing there....edit it please :) and thanx for all this info i deffinatly need it for this summer/fall or next

3. rangerdanger

I had a long in formative post at another site but I just checked and it's no longer there.

I think I have it saved on one of my hard drives but I'll have to check around for awhile, or re-write it.

4. steffan

steffan puffin

start them indoors, move them outside as soon as the nights get over 60. plant them in sunny areas, move them onto west facing hill, or perferbaly cliff sides before fall to speed up budding

5. WayfaringStranger

WayfaringStranger Corporate Slave #34

you can make clones indooors, and if you dont move them out until late in the season, july/august they will be short and virtually undetectable. a creative person might try floating them on standing water that has some movement or circulation, to avoid the watering part.

6. steffan

steffan puffin

theres always the old two gallon container trick,, just pock a small hole in the bottum and it will slowly leach out, takes days
    you can also just plant them a bit downsteam and run a small syphin line

7. MikeE

MikeE Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Not even the deer? Or is that in the next lesson?

8. rangerdanger

Growing Marijuana Guerilla Style

If you don’t like the idea of hiking miles on a hot dusty trail while your friends are partying at the beach, read no further.

If you don’t have the inclination to dig holes (very hard) and transport potting soil (very heavy), go play a video game.

If you can’t commit to a project that lasts 7 months, beat it.

Now that we’ve gotten rid of the riff-raff…

Those of you still here may be interested in growing massive quantities of quality bud for just a few bucks.

That’s where I come in.

Cause I can help you.

In fact, if you follow my instructions, you will have more weed that you’ve ever had before, and it will be the best pot you’ve ever smoked.

Honest.

I’ve been doing this for a long time, and have talked to many other growers, and here you have over a century’s experience in guerilla growing in an easy-to-read format, for free.

This week’s topic is choosing a location Pt 1.

Think remote.

More remote than you’ve ever been.

Somewhere NO ONE EVER GOES.

EVER.

The best way to find one of these locations is to walk yourself down to the nearest large sporting goods store and purchase a trail guide to the nearest Nat’l Forest etc. It wmay have a title like “100 Hikes In The Angeles”.

You and your partner (see earlier post for choosing a partner).start scouring the trails listed. You want to pick a trail that DOES NOT connect with other trails. This cuts down on hikers.

-Read the first part of the hiking guide. It usually tells you about history, flora and fauna, do’s and don’ts and local restrictions.

-You’ll want to choose a trail that crosses a stream, because you’re gonna have to water your plants. A 7’ tall plant in full veg requires a gal of water at least 2 x/week and water weighs 8.5 lbs/gal. When it doesn’t rain you’ll have to bring water to them so you’ll want a nearby water source.

AND, read a growbook, cover to cover.

I’ll be back.

9. rangerdanger

P.S. You shoud know this:

I'm a crotchedy old man, and if you deciede to join you must do as I say.
    You shouldn't take some of my suggestions and mix them with someone else suggestions. You might not end up with anything at all.
    Everything will be fine if you JUST FOLLOW ORDERS!!!

10. bUrNEd_oUt420

bUrNEd_oUt420 Member

no new posts?????

11. meangreen

meangreen Senior Member

All the info needed at this time is available,the tasks at hand for this time have been given.

12. rangerdanger

This is the most important factor in guerilla growing.
    It doesn't matter how many plants of what strain you have growing if someone finds them and rips you off.
    Remoteness in most cases is key.

Don't stroll into the woods for a few minutes and expect to find a place to successfully grow/harvest marijuana. Too many people poking around.
    Hike deep deep into the wodds--I suggest AT LEAST an hour's hike on an unpopular trail before you start looking (the further the better).

Look for
    -a clearing off the trail, the further the better
    -seek an area that you don't mind if you have to carry up to a gal./water to the plants 2x/week.
    -good southern exposure
    -a way to get in and out WITHOUT leaving a path off the trail.

It's a good also a good idea to have multiple patches of weed if you want to increase your chances of harvesting mondo sticky buds. I like to have 3 so if rippers get one, bugs/animals get another, I'll still have weed.

Again, TELL NO ONE.
    The temptation is great (esp. for beginners) to take your pals out to show them what you're doing.
    DON'T DO THAT.
    Remember, you're growing money trees. The best pot is worth as much as pure gold.
    Think of a pot plant as a bush that has let's say 40 hundred-dollar bills hanging from it, and there's 1o bushes like that.
    Now, if YOU know where a money tree was growing, might you be tempted to go out and pick a few of those hundred dollar bills?
    Even if they belonged to someone you knew?
    Even if you wouldn't be tempted, many people would/will be.

13. rangerdanger

Except for your partner (if you have one):
    Don't tell anyone you have pot growing.
    If you've mentioned to others that your considering it, tell them that you found out it too hard or you planted some and it died.

After harvest
    Keep the fact that you grew successfully a secret.
    Like don't whip out any fresh (wet) weed.
    Even when you have slow-dried/cured weed, don't let on.
    Still be asking your friends if they know of any good deals on pot; even buy some occasionally.
    When they're around and you bring some of your pot out, tell them you bought it from a friend of a relative they don't know. Tell them it cost a lot so they won't be interested in buying it, or if you have a lot and you want to sell, tell him that you'll ask your relative's friend for more, have him give you the dough and tell him to come back the next day, then give him the weed.

Here's why you shouldn't tell anyone you have a bunch that you grew.
    -They'll follow you next year
    -And they'll be like "c'mon dude turn me on to some, it didn't cost you nothing."
    Well it DID cost you something.
    Sweating out the hikes, digging the holes, carrying the water, spending time on learning how to grow (like here), spending time tending the plants when everyone else was partying at the beach.
    Besides, if your friend wanted pot that "didn't cost nothing", HE could have grown some of his fucking own. Tough shit; you have more balls than him it's not your fault he's a pussy.

14. MasterAdam

MasterAdam Member

Besides, if your friend wanted pot that "didn't cost nothing", HE could have grown some of his fucking own. Tough shit; you have more balls than him it's not your fault he's a pussy.

great post^ and so damn true

15. rangerdanger

Ok, you've got your grow buddy, you've found a site--now what?

First you have to deciexde--do you want to go as cheap as possible and dig holes, or do you want to buy planters?
    You're gonna have to choose. You can't just throw seeds on the ground and have them grow.
    You can do it in the city like in a yard or something. Fertile soil, water, sure.
    Out in the woods it's a different story.
    You have to plant in good soil. You're gonna have to carry it in.
    The best potting soil is Fox Farms Ocean and Forest also Black Gold Potting Soil.
    They are chock full o good organic nutrients like kelp, guano's, worm castings etc.
    The soil is so rich you don't have to use fertilizer for over a month.
    The 2 brands I mentioned may be unavailable in your area, or really expensive.
    Look around, like call big plant nurseries. Ask for soils that are pre-amended with ORGANIC nutrients.
    Avoid potting soil that has chem. nutrients added.
    It would be better to get plain old potting soil.

If you choose to dig, be prepared for some sweaty work. You will need to dig a hole 3' x 3''. It's backbreaking work but it'll be good for ya.

Or, you may chhose to use planters. The only one that I recommend are PULP POTS. (see pic)
    You want the largest size, but an approx. 15" x 20" will do if you can water more often .
    If no one in your area carries pulp pots, ask a nursery to order some for you. Tell them a friend on the west coast told you about them. The large size are about $25.00.

The beauty of pulp pots
    -they are bio-degradable (they last for about 3 years, more if they don't get rained on much)...
    -They are made from recycled paper pulp...
    -they blend in with their surrounding more than any other type container...
    -they don't heat up like other containers, good because heat can destroy roots...
    -the paper pulp acts as a moisture regulator. Use lots of water and the pulp will absorb it, so the plant doesn't drown; when the soil gets dry it can get some of that moisture back from the pulp.

How much potting soil:
    A hole 3' x 3' requires about 2 large bags of potting soil.
    Note: potting soil is VERY heavy. A large bagob weighs like 75 lbs.
    This is where your partner coimes in.
    Using frame packs, depending on your size and strength, you can carry 75 lbs. of potting soil on your back in a frame pack. Otherwise, split the load up; make as many trips as required.
    If the area you're growing in had good soil, you can get away by re-filling the holes with a 50/50 mix of potting and existing soil.
    Good soil is dark and has a good "earthy" aroma, almost like something that's been baked.
    If using existing soil, be sure to mix it up well with the potting soil, removing all rocks.

16. bUrNEd_oUt420

bUrNEd_oUt420 Member

thats what i was goin to do, i was going to turn the existing soil ( when the ground melts) i could use some potting soil and the existing soil......and yes i was goin to use Fox Farm......

17. geckopelli

geckopelli Senior Member

Ranger danger is full of shit!

Here we go:

"Lesson One

Rent the flick Homegrown, starring Billy Bob Thornton & Hank Azaria. It’s a great movie all about guerilla growing.

AND

Go here and read this:"

CRAP!!!!!

Read "marijuana botony" for chriet sake!

"And right now is a great time of year to buy hiking boots. You’ll also need a frame backpack and a hiking guide (buy at a sporting goods shop).

Look through it.

You’ll also need a army surplus-type folding shovel."

Everybody doesn't live in northern california, ya know!

...and in any case, do you think you're Colin Fletcher?

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!?!?

"Also, start saving up seeds. It’s nice to have seeds from killer strains, but even if it’s mids, that better than none."

WOW!- such wisdom! The power of the obvious!

"Now comes the dicey part.

Only if you have a friend you trust implicitly and is like your best bud, have a partner.

It makes it easier take care of cause pot needs water every 3 days." If it doesn’t rain, you have to bring them water. So if you and your partner take turns, you’ll only have to go out every 6 days."

Not in the Southeast mr teacher- and more often in most of the SW!

"But it has to be someone reliable, someone who doesn’t mind working a $100.00/hr. part-time job, someone who can keep their trap shut."

Someone you can kill, if nessacary.

"TELL NO ONE ELSE."

SHIT!

You're going to have 20-50 (if you do it right, that is) pounds to get rid of- start feeling out your distribution network

"So that’s it until in the next week or 2."

CON'T

18. geckopelli

geckopelli Senior Member

"If you don’t like the idea of hiking miles on a hot dusty trail while your friends are partying at the beach, read no further."

Read no futher for sure!

throw the party and grow weed to!

"If you don’t have the inclination to dig holes (very hard) and transport potting soil (very heavy), go play a video game."

It's hard in rocky soil a la northern cali- it's easy here, and countless other places.

"If you can’t commit to a project that lasts 7 months, beat it."

Someplaces, if you plant in July, you're looking at 4-5 months

"Now that we’ve gotten rid of the riff-raff…"

But you're still here!

"This week’s topic is choosing a location Pt 1."

You're so conservative- ever read the purloined letter?

Remote does not always require distance from civilization-

19. geckopelli

geckopelli Senior Member

Go fuck yourself- mr guru!

ask questions, THINK, and ignore this wannabe demi-god!

any idiot can grow- and get better with practice!

but it's different everywhere- an ART, not a SCIENCE.

20. geckopelli

geckopelli Senior Member

I can't stomach this meglomania anymore-

if you want to know about growing outdoors, post a thread with your approximante loction and any info you got-

but don;t buy into the mahareshee's BS.

I'd be doing life if i followed that high-school advice