Random Thoughts;

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Xac, Jun 30, 2006.

1. Xac

Xac Visitor

A place for topics that don't fit under any other category or an online social club?

I dont know about the rest of you but for the most part i only care for RT, even topics that clearly go under different forums i would rather post them here.

What do you think?

2. andcrs2

andcrs2 Senior Member

Which selection is for whatever my finger types?

Obviously the Brain's not always involved,,,

3. alex714

alex714 To the Left

i hate you

4. andcrs2

andcrs2 Senior Member

you or yall?

5. alex714

alex714 To the Left

in the case of this thread, just Xac :)

6. Boogabaah

Boogabaah I am not here

almost voted for "fuck you i hate you zac" .. but i don't know you enough. gimme a reason

7. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Definately an online social club, since it is not offline.

8. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

there are threads that can go elsewhere, I agree....

9. andcrs2

andcrs2 Senior Member

How's about renaming 'Random Thoughts' to 'Off Topic'.

Then all's Fair...

10. Oz!

Oz! Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

A bit of both.

Nearly every thread here could easily be posted in a more relevant forum..... but anyone posting a thread here is pretty sure of the replies they are going to get (this forum seems to have more regs than any other).

It's kind of a cop-out.... for people who like to talk, but hate to discuss :)

11. indescribability

indescribability Not To Be Continued

You know, I actually agree with you on this matter. I have a soft spot for RT because it's where I always posted when I first got here, and it's where I've encountered most of my "fora friends", but nevertheless, I feel it has turned more into the personals section of HF than anything else. Quite annoying at times, but I've just learned to avoid the threads that start with, "I'm having a bad day" or "I hate my job" etc.

12. Oz!

Oz! Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Yeah, looking back "cop-out" is too harsh a description.... a lot of the threads are very shallow, but easily ignored... I've always enjoyed Random Thoughts because it lets people post such thread (even though i never read them)... freedom of speech means peeps can post as they like, within' rules limits of course, and sometimes it's good to have bit of chit chat instead of heavy debate.

When you've been around a while the threads get repititive .... but it's easy to move on.

13. indescribability

indescribability Not To Be Continued

Yeah, and really you can start to tell by names for the most part. I mean, typically, the same people post the same things repeatedly. When you see my name, you pretty much know what to expect if you've been around a while. If you see Pressed_Rat as the originator of a thread, you know what to expect as well, and there's obviously a dozen or so people that are easily identifiable.